Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair that's exactly how I feel talking to you. You refuse to accept the possibility that an internet poll on a forum which most of our fans haven't even heard of isn't really reflective of the fanbase as a whole.

I'd rather ENIC sold up, if that makes me the "ENIC Wing" then that's fine. I couldn't care less how some guy on his laptop somewhere thousands of miles away thinks of me.

So much anger, because I referred to a simple poll, for all it is - and isn't.

I never claimed it represented the "fanbase as a whole". You just made that part up while rage-typing.

I'll leave you to it, then.

I doubt anyone is content with top four and CL football as our end goal. But are content with that for now, so we can build a successful side without the need to just sell off to a country.

Being content with regular top four finishes as a platform to achieve greater long term success is where I believe the clubs thinking is.

I think that is a totally fair ambition, and one which isn't as easy as it sounds, Newcastle an so on.

Add some good, progressive football with positive managers and we should all be happy with achieving.

Only quirk is, that is not what ENIC has been selling for years and years.

Let’s be honest we all know we are not winning the transfer window.

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

I want Levy out and not because Spurs do not spend enough money, it is all about his football decision making. The fact we pushed Kanoute out for not going on an end of season tour, the sacking of Jol at half time, or the under investment in our scouting network over the years. That is my opinion.
I see this repeated a lot, but I'm not sure it's entirely accurate. I recall reading somewhere that Jol knew he was going to be sacked before the match, but that he didn't tell the players. The news was then leaked (Sky?) during the match, which then morphed into him being blindsided at half time.

But we aren't making forwards progress are we?

We finished 2nd and 3rd in previous years, arguably with a much better team/squad than we have now.

We just about squeaked over the line last season, and this season is looking like a challenge (though he have a fairly easy run in on paper)

If I could see the progress I might agree with you, but I can see regression.
It’s tough to expect us to go 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st over the course of the seasons. We are so well matched to the rest of the top half dozen sides that we have to accept we are interchangeable with them.

Granted, if you want to see progress in league position, it’s not there, but I think we are in a better position now than we were when we finished 2nd or 3rd, due to the possibilities the stadium money offers us. But, if we fail to show that money in an ambitious summer window, I’m not going to stick by them any longer.

I think that is a totally fair ambition, and one which isn't as easy as it sounds, Newcastle an so on.

Add some good, progressive football with positive managers and we should all be happy with achieving.

Only quirk is, that is not what ENIC has been selling for years and years.
Don’t get what you mean by the last sentence.

It’s tough to expect us to go 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st over the course of the seasons. We are so well matched to the rest of the top half dozen sides that we have to accept we are interchangeable with them.

Granted, if you want to see progress in league position, it’s not there, but I think we are in a better position now than we were when we finished 2nd or 3rd, due to the possibilities the stadium money offers us. But, if we fail to show that money in an ambitious summer window, I’m not going to stick by them any longer.
Barbecue round your place September 1st to celebrate your conversion . I am so confident I am booking my train ticket now

Back
Top Bottom