Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been that exact same refrain for nearly a decade. "Wait til next window".

The cavalry ain't coming.

(Is Charlie Brown not a thing in the UK?)
Ah ok. Not really a massive scholar of Charlie Brown no.

I just have to believe that things have changed now due to our extra revenue. Otherwise, what was the point in the infrastructure investment? The money has now kicked in, so let’s see it working for us.

Ah ok. Not really a massive scholar of Charlie Brown no.

I just have to believe that things have changed now due to our extra revenue. Otherwise, what was the point in the infrastructure investment? The money has now kicked in, so let’s see it working for us.
When do you anticipate Levy opening the throttle? I'm curious.

I don't think a Leopard changes its spots and can see us continuing to spend 80m on 3-4 mediocre players that we then have to replace and have no buyers for rather than just spending the 80m on one proper player and more importantly offering target the wages to make us the go to destination.

I don't think there is going to be a flip switched and we see Levy operating on a different setting.

But I hope I'm wrong and your right

When do you anticipate Levy opening the throttle? I'm curious.

I don't think a Leopard changes its spots and can see us continuing to spend 80m on 3-4 mediocre players that we then have to replace and have no buyers for rather than just spending the 80m on one proper player and more importantly offering target the wages to make us the go to destination.

I don't think there is going to be a flip switched and we see Levy operating on a different setting.

But I hope I'm wrong and your right
I liken it to someone who has a low paying job, lives in a wee flat and drives a shit car. He then gets a promotion and doubles his money. He doesn’t go straight out and buy a castle and a sports car. He stays where he is for a bit, then upgrades to a semi detached and a decent saloon. Then when he’s done this for a while, he buys a large detached home and a 4x4. Again, another period passes and he eventually gets his castle and Ferrari.

We are in the same position. We’ve not been able to turn on the taps before as we’ve not bad the money to do it. We now have this stream switched on, but it’s not all going to arrive at once, so we need to keep making incremental changes and improvements. And we have been spending money. Just on shite.

So we’ve added a top DoF and his hit rate seems to be better. Add in an increase in the already decent spend and we are looking ok. Hopefully.

I want Levy out and not because Spurs do not spend enough money, it is all about his football decision making. The fact we pushed Kanoute out for not going on an end of season tour, the sacking of Jol at half time, or the under investment in our scouting network over the years. That is my opinion.

On the other hand I can see the good the man has actually done for the club. The fact is the diversification of Spurs revenue streams will help Spurs grow as a club. The fact is the stronger our balance sheet and P&L accounts are the more business the club can do without having to distort our revenue.

The fact is we are incredibly lucky to even exist as a club we were almost bought by Robert Maxwell after complete financial mismanagement by Scholar. If we had this combination instead of Sugar who at least kept us solvent as a club we would not be.

On the other hand the route a lot of people want to go down is buy success that has been blazed by Chelsea and Man City where their despicable owners pump money constantly into their clubs to try stop people concentrating on their other heinous acts or to make sure they cannot disappear. Is it worth our morals to support a club like that and personally I never want to have to answer that question in-case I still follow follow Spurs even through that.

We got rid of Kanoute because he decided to change nationality and play for Mali midseason in the ACN - which completely fucked us

You are me two years ago, and if you are sincere I have no doubt you will end up exactly where I am.

The 20 richest teams in the world, figures over the last 5 seasons (a data sample replete with stadium infrastructure projects, incidentally), so 100 team-seasons and in only four of them did a club spend less than half of its revenue in player wages, ALL FOUR of which were Tottenham Hotspur.

There's no escaping the black and white figures of it, and the black and white figures will never change under this leadership.

A thought rattling around my head.

Has the financial benefit of the stadium been eroded by the astronomical transfer fee inflation we've seen since 2019ish? £100m for decent players as per Enzo Fernandez.

Has the financial benefit of the stadium been eroded by the astronomical transfer fee inflation we've seen since 2019ish? £100m for decent players as per Enzo Fernandez.
If you think it's tough dealing with that price level in the best revenue-generation stadium in the world, imagine dealing with that price level without the best revenue-generation stadium in the world.

Summer BBQ in Aberdeen sounds better than Ibiza, tbh
Glad to see you are coming , I was scared of going alone

Banjo Deliverance GIF

Deliverance GIF

That's the same for everyone, unfortunately, but yeah. Surely ticket prices and TV access can't follow the sheer transfer inflation levels forever.

All this is due to being the first club to win the double, the first club to win a european trophy, Greaves, Hoddle, etc.
All ENIC have done is keep it ticking along nicely.

We existed long before them, and will exist long after them.
Didn't Preston win the double before us? Look where they are now.

Back
Top Bottom