Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not tagging people. Pretty obvious when you read through the threads. As are the people who disappear when we’re losing games and they’re proven wrong but then reappear magically now we’ve won a couple. It’s miraculous.

The people who like talking about Spurs when they are winning are definitely the bad guys....

I want Levy out and not because Spurs do not spend enough money, it is all about his football decision making. The fact we pushed Kanoute out for not going on an end of season tour, the sacking of Jol at half time, or the under investment in our scouting network over the years. That is my opinion.

On the other hand I can see the good the man has actually done for the club. The fact is the diversification of Spurs revenue streams will help Spurs grow as a club. The fact is the stronger our balance sheet and P&L accounts are the more business the club can do without having to distort our revenue.

The fact is we are incredibly lucky to even exist as a club we were almost bought by Robert Maxwell after complete financial mismanagement by Scholar. If we had this combination instead of Sugar who at least kept us solvent as a club we would not be.

On the other hand the route a lot of people want to go down is buy success that has been blazed by Chelsea and Man City where their despicable owners pump money constantly into their clubs to try stop people concentrating on their other heinous acts or to make sure they cannot disappear. Is it worth our morals to support a club like that and personally I never want to have to answer that question in-case I still follow follow Spurs even through that.

This is where I think the “sides” differ.

I’m ok with how things are going right now, but I know I’ll be tipped over to not being ok if we have a shite window and a bad start to next season.

If, however, we make some great signings and win the title next season, there’s a few on the out side that will put it down to luck and still won’t change their stance.
Every season we seem to be a player or three off challenging. Just for once, I'd like to see the problems resolved for the pre-season. It wont be of course; we have a boat load of players to move on and Levy will hold out for pennies extra until the end of the window. That's what always happens.

Believe me, I want to eat my words.

Think in this interview he said we are buying players that we can afford.

The 2022 accounts report will be very enlightening. On this basis we shouldn't have made much profit.

They are only up until 30 June 2022 of course, so won't take in the whole of the last transfer window. Also worth remembering that by the time the accounts come out they'll be nearly 9 months out of date in terms of the current financial position.

They are only up until 30 June 2022 of course, so won't take in the whole of the last transfer window. Also worth remembering that by the time the accounts come out they'll be nearly 9 months out of date in terms of the current financial position.
Most people will not care about that they either going to be complete financial mismanagement or Levy isn't spending enough we need 2 CB's.

Personally I am Levy out and that is personal opinion but I do not use everything he does as something to moan about with him.

Let's hope our accountants didn't drop a bollock like our contractors and squad managers did.

IE, Let's hope the delay in releasing statements isn't because we forgot to pay £100m in tax or something.

Would be Spursy, like wiring your fire alarm up wrong or having to release a player on a free because you can't count past 8

Most people will not care about that they either going to be complete financial mismanagement or Levy isn't spending enough we need 2 CB's.

Personally I am Levy out and that is personal opinion but I do not use everything he does as something to moan about with him.

See below 😂

Still no sign of the financial report.

Is it even legal to delay it for so long?

They have until the end of March to release them. Even then they don't have to, you can report late but you get an unnecessary fine. Honestly though, unless you're going to read them cover to cover, them coming out is pretty pointless because they'll be so historic and don't take in 1.5 transfer windows and half a season.

Low expectations is very harsh mate

at the same time, only one team can win the league and no fanbase should "expect to"

I appreciate you're not saying that. I'm just saying that since ENIC have come in it's gone from CL football being a dream to us expecting CL football.
Well its subjective based on the individual isn't it?

Some people are content with CL football, Some want more.

If you look at it purely through the lens of customer satisfaction, removing emotion and fandom from the equation and just looking at value for money we don't receive that VFM in terms of success on the field, you could argue we do receive value for money in terms of the quality of the facilities. But if the movie is shit doesn't really matter how good the cinema is does it?

The current levels of ambition being displayed by the board are not enough for me, but your mileage may differ.

Also I look at Woolwich (I appreciate I keep bringing them up) but we are talking a club with very similar revenue to us, but their fan base is much more ambitious than ours, Obviously they have more historical success, but why if the revenue of the two clubs are so similar should ambitions be different?
Speaks to my point earlier about us being conditioned to accept less through years in the wilderness.

With the money/oil clubs seeming to be in transition this was our opportunity to do what Woolwich are doing now, but we failed to capitalise in my opinion largely due to a lack of investment in the squad.
Players like Dier, Davies, Sessegnon, Doherty, Lenglet, Sanchez, Gil just not being good enough but not having been replaced. Many of them having been at the club a long time now.

See below 😂

They have until the end of March to release them. Even then they don't have to, you can report late but you get an unnecessary fine. Honestly though, unless you're going to read them cover to cover, them coming out is pretty pointless because they'll be so historic and don't take in 1.5 transfer windows and half a season.
The interesting point is revenue (full season at new WHL)

This is where I think the “sides” differ.

I’m ok with how things are going right now, but I know I’ll be tipped over to not being ok if we have a shite window and a bad start to next season.

If, however, we make some great signings and win the title next season, there’s a few on the out side that will put it down to luck and still won’t change their stance.
And, from my ‘side’, I’d have absolutely no problem eating all my words if we suddenly are showered in success. I have zero interest in winning arguments on the internet; I just want to see us win.

My hope from the City kerfuffle is that maybe, just maybe, we really are entering a period of football where spending is genuinely tied to revenue (valid revenue too, not inflated nonsense). But it’s certainly not an expectation.

Well its subjective based on the individual isn't it?

Some people are content with CL football, Some want more.

If you look at it purely through the lens of customer satisfaction, removing emotion and fandom from the equation and just looking at value for money we don't receive that VFM in terms of success on the field, you could argue we do receive value for money in terms of the quality of the facilities. But if the movie is shit doesn't really matter how good the cinema is does it?

The current levels of ambition being displayed by the board are not enough for me, but your mileage may differ.

Also I look at Woolwich (I appreciate I keep bringing them up) but we are talking a club with very similar revenue to us, but their fan base is much more ambitious than ours, Obviously they have more historical success, but why if the revenue of the two clubs are so similar should ambitions be different?
Speaks to my point earlier about us being conditioned to accept less through years in the wilderness.

With the money/oil clubs seeming to be in transition this was our opportunity to do what Woolwich are doing now, but we failed to capitalise in my opinion largely due to a lack of investment in the squad.
Players like Dier, Davies, Sessegnon, Doherty, Lenglet, Sanchez, Gil just not being good enough but not having been replaced. Many of them having been at the club a long time now.

I doubt anyone is content with top four and CL football as our end goal. But are content with that for now, so we can build a successful side without the need to just sell off to a country.

Being content with regular top four finishes as a platform to achieve greater long term success is where I believe the clubs thinking is.

And, from my ‘side’, I’d have absolutely no problem eating all my words if we suddenly are showered in success. I have zero interest in winning arguments on the internet; I just want to see us win.

My hope from the City kerfuffle is that maybe, just maybe, we really are entering a period of football where spending is genuinely tied to revenue (valid revenue too, not inflated nonsense). But it’s certainly not an expectation.
Levy has alluded to that too

I doubt anyone is content with top four and CL football as our end goal. But are content with that for now, so we can build a successful side without the need to just sell off to a country.

Being content with regular top four finishes as a platform to achieve greater long term success is where I believe the clubs thinking is.
But we aren't making forwards progress are we?

We finished 2nd and 3rd in previous years, arguably with a much better team/squad than we have now.

We just about squeaked over the line last season, and this season is looking like a challenge (though he have a fairly easy run in on paper)

If I could see the progress I might agree with you, but I can see regression.

Back
Top Bottom