Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair that's exactly how I feel talking to you. You refuse to accept the possibility that an internet poll on a forum which most of our fans haven't even heard of isn't really reflective of the fanbase as a whole.

I'd rather ENIC sold up, if that makes me the "ENIC Wing" then that's fine. I couldn't care less how some guy on his laptop somewhere thousands of miles away thinks of me.

Careful, before he pulls the 'misogynist' card...

Have we discussed the fact that John Thomas is one of the most ignored posters on the site and he posts about one thing … ENIC. So it’s likely he is blocked by so many for his stance or how we communicates it.

NONE of those people who have blocked him will have seen the poll thread. The overwhelming majority would not agree with his stance.

So it’s like conducting a poll of which team people support but excluding anyone who’s wearing a Tottenham jersey . Then … surprise surprise… Tottenham don’t figure highly in your results!

Have we discussed the fact that John Thomas is one of the most ignored posters on the site and he posts about one thing … ENIC. So it’s likely he is blocked by so many for his stance or how we communicates it.

NONE of those people who have blocked him will have seen the poll thread. The overwhelming majority would not agree with his stance.

So it’s like conducting a poll of which team people support but excluding anyone who’s wearing a Tottenham jersey . Then … surprise surprise… Tottenham don’t figure highly in your results!
Yep, I’ve mentioned it previously. His response was to boast about his positive ratings, not taking into account they’ve been reset a couple of times before he joined and his negative ratings are through the fucking roof.

Not seen much of him since we won at the weekend. Must be a coincidence. I’m sure he’ll be back like a dose of the clap next time we lose.

I mean the list doesn't say how many people are ignoring him, putting my own bias aside I find him very tame indeed, there are people around much, much worse than him. His biggest crime seems to be slagging off ENIC.

I mean the list doesn't say how many people are ignoring him, putting my own bias aside I find him very tame indeed, there are people around much, much worse than him. His biggest crime seems to be slagging off ENIC.
His biggest crime is only coming on when results are bad, discussing ENIC 99% of the time, and stirring the pot.

He’s like Farage. He does enough to have a thin veil of respectability and his pouncing on a wedge issue endears him to his supporters… but all in all he’s a toxic presence.

His biggest crime is only coming on when results are bad, discussing ENIC 99% of the time, and stirring the pot.

He’s like Farage. He does enough to have a thin veil of respectability and his pouncing on a wedge issue endears him to his supporters… but all in all he’s a toxic presence.
That's his biggest crime and you compare him to a racist cunt like Farage??? That's nothing compared to what I've seen here, stuff like families and partners being abused, racism and some even worse stuff that I wont get into.

I like him.

He’s funny. Doesn’t take himself too seriously. You all bite way too hard.

He also delivered one of the greatest posts ever seen on this forum (way before your time) where he gave an update on his Summer Holidays with Sammy et al.

Freddie Mercury No Crime GIF by Queen

Yep, I’ve mentioned it previously. His response was to boast about his positive ratings, not taking into account they’ve been reset a couple of times before he joined and his negative ratings are through the fucking roof.

Not seen much of him since we won at the weekend. Must be a coincidence. I’m sure he’ll be back like a dose of the clap next time we lose.
As will this...

New Orleans Food GIF by PBS Digital Studios

😁

Nope, his biggest "crime," for want of a better expression, is using ENIC as a vehicle to wind up the forum.

Like I said previously, he's a catalyst, causes the reaction but takes no part in it. It being the cunt offs that arise as a result.

There are those who give him positives because a) they hate ENIC and because he says the same they see common ground, and b) they enjoy the cunt offs.
There are those who give him negatives because they don't share the same ENIC hate. They still engage though, because they also enjoy the cunt offs.

Both sides are either don't see what he's up to, or simply don't care as it provides their excuse for said cunt offs.

I just like to remind those that don't see it of just what he is up to.

I like him.

He’s funny. Doesn’t take himself too seriously. You all bite way too hard.

He also delivered one of the greatest posts ever seen on this forum (way before your time) where he gave an update on his Summer Holidays with Sammy et al.
A bit like ENIC and their trophy haul then, delivered a long time ago, but now just causing division amongst the following?

Gotcha.

I now have a new name for him, ENIC's better than Reg.

I wonder if it will stick 🤔

Nope, his biggest "crime," for want of a better expression, is using ENIC as a vehicle to wind up the forum.

Like I said previously, he's a catalyst, causes the reaction but takes no part in it. It being the cunt offs that arise as a result.

There are those who give him positives because a) they hate ENIC and because he says the same they see common ground, and b) they enjoy the cunt offs.
There are those who give him negatives because they don't share the same ENIC hate. They still engage though, because they also enjoy the cunt offs.

Both sides are either don't see what he's up to, or simply don't care as it provides their excuse for said cunt offs.

I just like to remind those that don't see it of just what he is up to.
Mine would be A. Cunt off does that mean debate? Even if your perception is correct I don't think it's a big deal. if pro ENIC posters want to bump pro ENIC threads when we win, that doesn't upset me enough to start hating on them and putting them on ignore. There are pro ENIC posters that I really disagree with but on other subjects we do agree.

Are there actually Pro ENIC fans? Must be accountants and real estate agents. ENIC and Levy are brilliant at that but really suck at running a football team.

But to each his own. Some of us get our kicks from seeing the ball in our oppositions nets more than we see it in our own. We are crying out for better players and a few trophies in our really empty cabinet.

Others are there for the atmosphere and ambiance. They enjoy the large beautiful stadium and delicious vegan hotdogs (so I hear). They prefer to see our value increase, bigger and more expensive seating, an art gallery and, yet to come, beautiful high rise apartments that they most likely will never afford to live in.

Watched the BT Sport program earlier. It's pretty much exclusively about the stadium so maybe not loads we don't already know. Levy clearly sees it as his baby and to be fair it was an extraordinary achievement. There's also a mention of projects still to come - flats and a hotel but also some other stuff that he said he can't mention but which will reveal itself over the next 12-14 months.

There's a nod to a lack of winning trophies but I got the impression he doesn't see this as the failure many of us do. He also talked about being in europe 17 times in the last 18 years or something like that.

It confirms what many on here are saying - good commercial business man, poor football decision maker who is quick to emphasise his successes (stadium, euro footy) and downplay his failures (trophies).

It's incredibly frustrating.

There were 200 odd votes for ENIC out and a big chunk for in. There’s really not that many active posters on this site.

Maybe some didn’t see it but the vast majority absolutely did going by those numbers. And the poll reflects what you generally see anyway, there’s only a handful of posters I could point out as being supportive of ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom