Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Found this very interesting, especially as the view of the PL is one of being "spend, spend, spend". (sticking this in the ENIC thread as there is a bunch of other financial stuff in the thread but this is PL not Tottenham specific).

There is a shitload more than the above and the thread goes onto explaining player amortisation, there is only so much I can take, so click on the above to be taken to the entire thread if the heavy accounting stuff floats your boat.

I see our Sugar Daddy moored his latest little boat in the tax haven of Guernsey today.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0a82_zIck6moetihzT9hQi

Makes me so proud to see that baby as we continue our moral crusade of fiscal prudence.

oGPnXla.gif
wpa1304db6_1a.png

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/

Shame we couldn't match Palace or Burnley. We may have grabbed a trophy then.
But hey. Tax Dodging Joe grabbed a nice new yacht.

Here's a good pic. Its one of my favourites.
19564-abeking-and-rasmussen-launches-aviva-into-the-top-100.jpg

Looking really good at the back.

#doingittherightway

Last edited:
I see our Sugar Daddy moored his latest little boat in the tax haven of Guernsey today.

Makes me so proud to see that baby as we continue our moral crusade of fiscal prudence.

wpa1304db6_1a.png

JT you are a sad bitter man ... do you hate anyone with more than you or just a select few? ... what the feck is wrong with you? abused child? abandoned? bullied? serious head trauma?

You said we'd fail and be back to Europa League football - you were wrong
You said all our players would leave - you were wrong
You said we don't spend money (600m on transfers in 10 years) (850m on a stadium) - you were wrong
You said Poch would leave - you were wrong

and now you're envious of Joe Lewis' nice shiny rowboat?

Sad sorry little man .... for feck's sake get out off the basement and get a life .... can see you on the 9:00 news after shooting up the new ground, please get some help .......

JT you are a sad bitter man ... do you hate anyone with more than you or just a select few? ... what the feck is wrong with you? abused child? abandoned? bullied? serious head trauma?

You said we'd fail and be back to Europa League football - you were wrong
You said all our players would leave - you were wrong
You said we don't spend money (600m on transfers in 10 years) (850m on a stadium) - you were wrong
You said Poch would leave - you were wrong

and now you're envious of Joe Lewis' nice shiny rowboat?

Sad sorry little man .... for feck's sake get out off the basement and get a life .... can see you on the 9:00 news after shooting up the new ground, please get some help .......
Well that was unpleasant to read.

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/

Shame we couldn't match Palace or Burnley. We may have grabbed a trophy then.
But hey. Tax Dodging Joe grabbed a nice new yacht.

Here's a good pic. Its one of my favourites.
19564-abeking-and-rasmussen-launches-aviva-into-the-top-100.jpg

Looking really good at the back.

#doingittherightway

So, just so I get this right you're disappointed that our net spend is low, even though over the last few seasons we have at times outperformed Manchester United and City, who have averaged about £850m in net spend to our £16m. In any other industry ENIC would be classed as a miracle worker that we remained competitive at a fraction of the cost, in short, you could reasonably argue that Joe Lewis is worth the yacht..

After all we've competed with the billionaires and underspend the teams who are not even close to us and still, 3 seasons of finishing in the top 4. That either means that net spend is a statistic that means absolutely fuck all or that the club is being exceptionally well run.

You literally want someone to splurge cash, even when the net spend argument does not even make sense.

There are plenty of clubs who envy what spurs have done and continue to do. I think the point you're making is just crazy.

so fucking what?
I guess the moral of the story is that when people jump on their high horse spewing nonsense like spurs doing it the right way, the yacht and the transfer spend table put things in some kind of perspective....Why is it more moral to have an owner that sprinkles tax free billions on collecting super-yachts than having an owner that sprinkles a few shekels on his football team.
And the fact he's just rocked up in Guernsey, i thought , was worthy of a mention.
No offence to those with a different point of view though

Here's a few more details on his latest model

jh-composite-yacht-tweak.jpg

Why is it more moral to have an owner that sprinkles tax free billions on collecting super-yachts than having an owner that sprinkles a few shekels on his football team.
green-eyed-monster.png

FYI - Joe Lewis does financially 'dope' Spurs, he just owns shares in the holding company ... can you spot the difference?

For fecks sake you're worried about morals yet you cry your eyes out because we won't pay a bloke who's good at kicking a blow up pig-skin 300k a week ... you wet your pants because we haven't spent a billion on new players ... if you had any standards at all they'd be double ....

Just to point out the absurdity of your posts half the time you argue with yourself ... we don't pay players enough, yet we pay the CEO to much ... we don't spend enough on players, yet the ones we've paid a lot for for are all shite .... we don't invest in the future, yet we've spent 750m on a stadium ... everyone else is better than us, yet we're the only side to have finished top three for the last three seasons ... I could go on JT but as I said you only have double standards so what's the point ...

Last edited:
I guess the moral of the story is that when people jump on their high horse spewing nonsense like spurs doing it the right way, the yacht and the transfer spend table put things in some kind of perspective....Why is it more moral to have an owner that sprinkles tax free billions on collecting super-yachts than having an owner that sprinkles a few shekels on his football team.
And the fact he's just rocked up in Guernsey, i thought , was worthy of a mention.
No offence to those with a different point of view though

Here's a few more details on his latest model

jh-composite-yacht-tweak.jpg
But so fucking what?

Do you own a car? How fucking dare you, if you do.

So the owner of a football club shouldn’t have exepensive things now.
Those poor Sheiks only using rubber dinghies.....

Or does John mean that the club can’t be doing it the right way because Joe Lewis didn’t spend the yacht money on players, and put us in his pocket for a few billion....

It’s a bit like saying if I own a company, I can’t separate private money from my business.
Weird, because that’s exactly what every successful businessman does. I think John wants to blur the lines and introduce a huge grey area in the clubs finances....no wonder he admires Chelseas policy so much.

Last edited:
Christ this cycle of repetitive shit is getting boring now. He can spend his money on what he wants, it's HIS money.

I will judge this transfer window at the end, not in the middle.

So can everyone just cut the crap and find something else to have a cunt off about...PLEASE.

Yours sincerely,
Hungover Goaty.

This argument again? Fuck my life.
If nothing is invested in the club, how have we remained top 4 for the past 3 years & manage to con Poch & Harry into new, long term deals? Whatever we offer them, City, RM, United, Barcelona, PSG could & would offer more.
If nothing is invested in the club, then the value of the club will go down, as will the league position, as will attendances at the new £850 million stadium. Sponsorships won’t be as lucrative & the club won’t get the same Tv coverage if it’s not competing.
People with big yachts don’t end up with big yachts by not managing their investments meticulously.
And those who do plough money in like Abramovich, have a gun pointed at the head of the club. The money has dried up, the stadium is now on hold & if he wants his money back, the club is dead.

Back
Top Bottom