Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good post. Difference between AVB and Poch is that AVB had failed quite spectacularly at the chavs whereas Poch had done a good job at Southampton. Personally, I'd always favour going with someone who has done well at a smaller club rather than one who has "the experience" of failing at a big club.

I’ll admit that I was hoping for de Boer at the time. I remember being impressed by Pochettino, but AVB left me sceptical.

I was hoping that AVB would have learnt from his Chelsea experience and that their loss would be our gain. I liked the bloke, but Christ his football was dull. It wasn’t much different in Pochettino’s first season, but he seems to have a much more realistic attitude (recent speculation aside).

The big turning point was when Pochettino cleansed the club of the experienced bad eggs and trusted the youth. He gave the club an identity that AVB had stripped away. I think and hope Pochettino is astute enough to realise that he can build a legacy here, whereas going to PSG or Madrid will quickly put him on the managerial merry go round that doesn’t suit his ‘project’ approach.

Can't think of a better place to make this comment about contract signings so will whack it in here...
  • Monday: Kyle Walker-Peters
  • Tuesday: Davinson Sanchez
  • Wednesday: ?
They're clearly drip feeding us contract renewals this week, and Sanchez is already a pretty big one. The next three or four days should be very fucking fun. Expect a Feelgood Friday.
:levywhoa:

Can't think of a better place to make this comment about contract signings so will whack it in here...
  • Monday: Kyle Walker-Peters
  • Tuesday: Davinson Sanchez
  • Wednesday: ?
:levywhoa:

giphy.gif

:levywtf:

Last edited:
I googled NLD project earlier and was a bit surprised to see it was ten years ago that the scheme was first committed to. The following decade has seen THFC follow the Lyon model of spend / investment almost to a T. And I think we all have to say it’s worked well.

But it would be wrong not to pause for a moment and question where the money was saved and where and how it was subsequently spent.

I remember some restructuring of the clubs finances left the football side of ENICs THFC interests with 50 million debt when it was previously debt free and then that money was used to buy surrounding property.

Which begs the question as to how much the football club paid for all of the land deals and then opens up a debate about if Austerity was necessary for the commercial side of ENIC rather than the football side of THFC. Outside of Tottenham what income does ENIC generate to then invest in its principle asset or was the principle Asset propping up everything else - maybe it was a bit of both.

I am honestly not sure how the finances work, but simply put if they have been expecting stadium costs since 08 have been paying for it over a decade, then can we still be told that Austerity must continue and might do so for another decade?

Hopefully someone more in the know can add some detail to how this all works. I am not out to knock Levy or ENIC, I am generally just interested if it’s all “true”

Don't forget that about 2 or 3 years ago Spurs sold all the land around it NOT required for NLD at 'open market values' to other ENIC companies making a few bob in the process (see Annual Accounts).

Think this might be a crossroads moment for Levy/ENIC. Does he back Poch or lose him? To what extent do Enic want the club just to be a cash cow and to what extent are they committed to trying seriously to challenge for the league? Levy is a Spurs fan and he obviously wants to do both. But this situation may force our owners to make a choice between which ambition is most important for them. It's like a bloke who is a borderline alcoholic who wants to continue drinking and also stay with the girl of his dreams, then she gives him an ultimatum, quit drinking or lose me forever. Bit of a strange metaphor for football I know! But Poch represents that girl, lose him and continue with the current model and I think we lose our best chance at winning the league.

(I'm aware Levy is just the figurehead, we don't exactly know to what extent his hands are tied and how much say Joe Lewis has in all this).

I work in property, commercial and residential. Now, I’m not sure exactly how much the stadium will be worth once up and running. However, I have heard numerous people quote it is going to cost us, all in, around £1BN. We’ll see.

Does anybody have a link to the number of flats to be built, and a link to the planned hotel, please? I’d be intrigued to see what sort of revenue these could feasibly raise, as well as the existing Sainsbury’s. Also, be interesting to see who actually owns these sites, and whether it is Enic or THFC.

Personally, I think it's time we got a song for big Dan

Never.

Chairmen/Owners should never be fawned over, they should always be held to account.

Just wish people could do this without taking agendas on both sides. If he makes a good decision say so, if he makes a bad decision say so. It's actually very easy, failing to do this makes the "lovers" look like tits when he doubles the cost of a season tickets, they even chime up backing him whilst he takes the money out of their wallets, you couldn't make it up!! Same with the "haters" they look like absolute twats as they claim no stadium will not be built, that he's secretly funding Archway sheet metals legal case because he's no intention of building a stadium. He's hasn't moved the club from lower mid table (West Ham territory) to a consistent top 3 PL club playing in the CL, it never happened nothing to see here.

Only time for applause is when they are gone and it's time to reflect.

Never.

Chairmen/Owners should never be fawned over, they should always be held to account.

Just wish people could do this without taking agendas on both sides. If he makes a good decision say so, if he makes a bad decision say so. It's actually very easy, failing to do this makes the "lovers" look like tits when he doubles the cost of a season tickets, they even chime up backing him whilst he takes the money out of their wallets, you couldn't make it up!! Same with the "haters" they look like absolute twats as they claim no stadium will not be built, that he's secretly funding Archway sheet metals legal case because he's no intention of building a stadium. He's hasn't moved the club from lower mid table (West Ham territory) to a consistent top 3 PL club playing in the CL, it never happened nothing to see here.

Levy is also very much a behind the scenes guy. He rarely makes appearances for the media and almost exclusively speaks when we sign some form of business deal. He doesn't want the attention

Never.

Ticket pricing is an issue, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see only moderate increases from now, while the others hike prices to catch up. He's a shrewd guy, put them up a lot all at once and get the shock other with.
He's not perfect, but he's the best around. A lot of flawed players have a chant and I think big Dan should have one too.

Back
Top Bottom