Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
just lol.

It'd be funny if i didn't think you actually still don't understand that the original plans and what we started work on were two completely different projects, with different budgets/ specs & logistics involved.

You're probably walking around N17 on match days wondering why the stadium looks so different to the images from 2005

This thread has seen my ignored user list grow a bit recently. Anyone vehemently pro Levy at this stage is just on a fucking wind up, surely?
The idea of Levy as a sensible English businessman nobly making good in an industry ruled by petro-dopers, greedy agents and an ignorant, sensationalist football press is deeply important to a lot of people, and not only Spurs supporters.

People addicted to the notion of that Type of Guy will always be by his side no matter what, including ever more proof that he isn't really that Type of Guy at all.

"We've ran out of arguments to actually defend this lot anymore, what can we do? Erm ... laugh at them for not protesting enough? Just remember to still laugh at the ones who do go as well, so we get the double whammy in."
Sad isn’t it. Say it’s bad if you don’t protest. Then if you do they take the piss. All this whilst our rivals beat us & are going to win the title & we are declining.

Last edited:
The idea of Levy as a sensible English businessman nobly making good in an industry ruled by petro-dopers, greedy agents and an ignorant, sensationalist football press is deeply important to a lot of people, and not only Spurs supporters.

People addicted to the notion of that Type of Guy will always be by his side no matter what, including ever more proof that he isn't really that Type of Guy at all.
Or more simply, a lot of people's football fan identity is bound up in opposition to City/Chelsea/PSG type projects, which makes Levy's refusal to spend a perverse kind of heroism.

It's a stockholm syndrome.

In a world of petro-clubs, Arsenals, Liverpools and Man Utds, a whole bunch of fans have come to identify the football club itself with the - wrongful - idea of doing things "the right way".

Now mistaking it for the purpose of the football club itself.

That is why we keep having arguments over the shade of facts. Are we "better off"? Who? The Company? The FC? Better off how? Results? Entertainment? Spreadsheets?

Meanwhile the football bit is just a sideshow.

Last edited:
It'd be funny if i didn't think you actually still don't understand that the original plans and what we started work on were two completely different projects, with different budgets/ specs & logistics involved.

ok. How many seasons did we play at Wembley?

And if you can find me the plan that said that was the plan I’ll admit I was wrong. Even the ‘revised’ one.

because my recollection is teflon begging the dildo brothers to play at their stadium. Before they told him to fuck off.

rememeber when he wanted to move us to go there? I rememeber.

keep shilling brother, it’s actually funny.

It amuses me that you think teflon dan has a brain that can think 2 moves ahead.

history and facts says otherwise

He's fucking off from this club and good luck to him, deserves better than this toxic mess of a club where we have fans more willing to blame him for not winning trophies than the owners who rule over the entire club and failed to do so before Kane & will continue to fail when he is gone.
That leads me to highlighting my Kane or levy thread! People called me crazy for suggesting many would pick levy over Kane. Then a few months later it happened. Lots of abuse for Kane & support of levy.
I think we must be the only club who have many that would pick their chairman over their best player & legend.

Exactly, and Spurs have just become too rich to sustain that kind of narrative.

We are the 9th richest club in the world, appearently.

Yet we have these sycophants going in circles:
- ENIC is a "succes" and the proof is that we are financially "in a much better position", earning money on the stadium etc.
- We can't however invest in the FC, since we have committed to these massive, important investments.

It's what educated people call a circular causal chain. And it's freaking perfect to use for sycophants in any walk of life.

I think what he meant was only a small minority want them out enough to actually do anything about it.

Were you at the training ground today? Will you try to get the club shop closed on the day of the City game? Will you take part in the sit in?
I’d say less than 1% of brits ever protest. So it’s silly to say you don’t want them out unless you protest.

That leads me to highlighting my Kane or levy thread! People called me crazy for suggesting many would pick levy over Kane. Then a few months later it happened. Lots of abuse for Kane & support of levy.
I think we must be the only club who have many that would pick their chairman over their best player & legend.

Spot on.

I have deep embarrassment that a player like Kane had to endure such a cunt like Levy.

He should have left our cess pit long ago to achieve what he should have achieved.

Gutted for him tbh.

For what it’s worth, I think this Summer will be very significant.

If we lose Conte (more the fact of having *another* manager), lose Kane, watch the Scum win the league and continue to lollop around without a clue then things could become vocally ‘ENIC out’ during games.

I think we all realise that we’re not going to see large scale protests, but I certainly think the atmosphere in the crowd will change.

Seeing Kane in a UTD shirt is going to be very, very painful. We can spin it any way we want, but our greatest ever striker alongside Jimmy will have had to leave the club to realise any form of silverware. That simply isn’t acceptable.
Sad that some backed levy & enic over kane & glory. Only at Tottenham!

[
We are the 9th richest club in the world, appearently.

Yet we have these sycophants going in circles:
- ENIC is a "succes" and the proof is that we are financially "in a much better position", earning money on the stadium etc.
- We can't however invest in the FC, since we have committed to these massive, important investments.

It's what educated people call a circular causal chain. And it's freaking perfect to use for sycophants in any walk of life.

How many of the 8 richer clubs are in the same domestic league as us? Context is kinda important here

Back
Top Bottom