Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.

Don’t park the bus how can you disagree, it's a fact. At that time our transfer committee was made up of five members - AVB, the Italian DoF whose name escapes me (a brilliant negotiator as I remember it, we closed deals in a couple of days), Levy (represented by proxy by David Pleat), Donna Cullen and Tim Sherwood from the yootdem.​

You’re upset that I made a personal comment about you as I was calling you out for racially abusing a black person on Twitter and then lying to try to excuse it. It’s almost like you’re trying to deflect from what you were doing.

Note that all those personal comments are directed at you. And you are a terrible person online. When we’re discussing something I don’t resort to personal comments like that.

Not true at all. I love being challenged.

What I push back on is the posters who refuse to accept facts or who present one-sided arguments. We shouldn’t need to deny facts or tell people their view is unacceptable or tell fellow spurs fans to fuck off just because we disagree … particularly if we’re confident in what we believe. Deal with the issues instead of making insidious personal comments or trying to create in groups and out groups.

If you want to discuss the issues I’m always here for it as long as we’re led by facts and evidence.

I'm not up to speed with the non going discussion but from what I understand is you are pro Levy/Enic.

What are their plus points in your opinion?

Facts
1 trophy in 23 years
Turgid football for the last few years
Managerial appointments that dont work because said manager is not backed
Awful managerial appointments- Nuno
Claiming to get a manager that will play attractive football - Tottenhams DNA
The Super league
The most expensive season tickets in Europe
Having no strategy
Not selling the deadwood

And you still believe after 23 years of onfield failure Enic-levy deserve more time and more chances...

tHeY WiLl bE jUdGeD bY nExT TrAnSfEr WiNdOw

(and have been so for 20+ years)

I said in the post you quoted that I made personal comments about you. I also explained the context.

Learn to read or don’t reply.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

I’ll do what the fuck I want cunto

Forum Policeman now?

tHeY WiLl bE jUdGeD bY nExT TrAnSfEr WiNdOw

(and have been so for 20+ years)
It's rather amazing how long Levy has managed to Weekend at Bernie's the Poch era.

Like honestly, how on earth did he get Conte to agree to come here? Jose had no better options and lives for the media drama that appointment created. But what the fuck is Conte doing here?

And of course we all know it will be Poch next. First as tragedy, then as farce.

I'm not up to speed with the non going discussion but from what I understand is you are pro Levy/Enic.

What are their plus points in your opinion?
I think there are good things and bad things. You asked about the good so I’ll spend more time there but I think it’s worth saying that recruitment for a long while was not good enough (it’s better under Paratici) although Pochettino was apparently strongly opposed to a DoF so that was difficult.

Also I think Levy has been guilty of being too impatient in the hunt for trophies. He has hired Mourinho and Conte as he thought (like a lot of fans) that hiring a « winner » would push us over the line. That was a mistake and out of alignment with our resources so that’s symptomatic of our lack of strategic direction. Again, Paratici’s signings have been a big improvement so I see reasons for optimism.

What are the key pros?

Under ENIC we have arrested a decline in performance which we saw in the 90s. Performance in the league has factually improved in all but the last 3/4 years. We have also competed in europe more consistently than ever before in our history.

Our reputation, wealth relative to other premier league clubs, stadium, and training facilities are all HUGELY better than when they took over. I’m proud that we’ve achieved that without outside investment and that we’re run from our own labour rather than the appropriated wealth of a nation.

I also think that there are many mitigating factors that are ignored or minimised by some people even though they’re hugely important to outcomes. 3 years after ENIC took over a mid table spurs, Abramovic changed the world transfer market. I think after 3 years, Chelsea had something like 7 of the top 10 most expensive transfers in history. Then in 2008(?) a country bought Man City. Both of these things meant historically smaller clubs could easily leapfrog us to join the established super clubs or Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich.

I also think the stadium was a good long term investment even if it unfortunately affected spending at a critical moment with Poch. Since then we’ve spent considerable sums of money but we’re still not in a position to drop 300m in one season like Chelsea have done this season.

I could keep going but that’s long enough.

Do you agree with any of these pros?

I’ll do what the fuck I want cunto

Forum Policeman now?
Of course you can. Don’t be so sensitive. You can do what you like. But fighting for your right to misread other peoples posts is a strange hill to die on.

Reasonable people will look at your part in this conversation and draw their own conclusions.

Off you pop.

The ENIC project was a smashing if often frustrating success and ended the day the new stadium opened.

The asset value of Tottenham Hotspur peaked the day Conte clinched top four last season and will go down every day hereafter into a mid-table nothingness if we're lucky.
That’s a lot of speculation.

I seem to remember us reaching a CL final after the new stadium opened.

I agree we had 17 years of clear (if frustrating) progress and the last few years have not been good. I think we owe a lot to ENIC and I’m still willing to buy in to them for the time being . My patience will not be infinite though.

I seem to remember us reaching a CL final after the new stadium opened.
Playing like utter dogshit and riding a hilarious slapstick torrent of luck throughout, as you're completely aware.

The Poch wave crested and turned back December 29, 2018 when we were outhustled and outfought at Wembley by Nuno's Wolves. That was the hinge moment, notwithstanding the 3-0 walkover of a not-even-there Cardiff the next match. Poch's Spurs were the hungrier and more aggressive side in almost every game of his tenure before that and almost none of them afterward.

And it's all been make-believe since he was sacked. The party's over.

I think there are good things and bad things. You asked about the good so I’ll spend more time there but I think it’s worth saying that recruitment for a long while was not good enough (it’s better under Paratici) although Pochettino was apparently strongly opposed to a DoF so that was difficult.

Also I think Levy has been guilty of being too impatient in the hunt for trophies. He has hired Mourinho and Conte as he thought (like a lot of fans) that hiring a « winner » would push us over the line. That was a mistake and out of alignment with our resources so that’s symptomatic of our lack of strategic direction. Again, Paratici’s signings have been a big improvement so I see reasons for optimism.

What are the key pros?

Under ENIC we have arrested a decline in performance which we saw in the 90s. Performance in the league has factually improved in all but the last 3/4 years. We have also competed in europe more consistently than ever before in our history.

Our reputation, wealth relative to other premier league clubs, stadium, and training facilities are all HUGELY better than when they took over. I’m proud that we’ve achieved that without outside investment and that we’re run from our own labour rather than the appropriated wealth of a nation.

I also think that there are many mitigating factors that are ignored or minimised by some people even though they’re hugely important to outcomes. 3 years after ENIC took over a mid table spurs, Abramovic changed the world transfer market. I think after 3 years, Chelsea had something like 7 of the top 10 most expensive transfers in history. Then in 2008(?) a country bought Man City. Both of these things meant historically smaller clubs could easily leapfrog us to join the established super clubs or Man Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich.

I also think the stadium was a good long term investment even if it unfortunately affected spending at a critical moment with Poch. Since then we’ve spent considerable sums of money but we’re still not in a position to drop 300m in one season like Chelsea have done this season.

I could keep going but that’s long enough.

Do you agree with any of these pros?

I agree our league form has improved in the last 8 years. Thats about it. Wages wise we should be in the top 6. Thats just how it works.

The stadium was in any logical way of looking at it a failure from the ceo. Over 400 million over budget and 2 years late. Thats an insane failure at board level. If it was the contractors fault then the punitive fines would have almost made the stadium free. But we know there were no damages claimed. Because Levy changed the plans massively at least 2 times we know of. I knew people that worked on it at project manager level that just laughed at what was going on. Great stadium but at what cost? That was a disaster in terms of leadership.

Nearly all premier league clubs and a lot of championship clubs have excellent training facilities. Were not unique in this. The difference with us is the last breakthrough talent that has become fixtures in the first team were in the system before the new facilities. So i guess that says a lot. Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City even Aston Villa have a better return from their investment in training facilities.

Leicester didn't have a problem with the financial doping and do i need to list the teams that have won a cup since Enic took over that had less money than us?

Please do give me more plusses that Enic and Levy have achieved.

oh and lol and Levy being impatient for Trophies. 22 years is impatient?

The stadium was in any logical way of looking at it a failure from the ceo. Over 400 million over budget and 2 years late. Thats an insane failure at board level. If it was the contractors fault then the punitive fines would have almost made the stadium free. But we know there were no damages claimed. Because Levy changed the plans massively at least 2 times we know of. I knew people that worked on it at project manager level that just laughed at what was going on. Great stadium but at what cost? That was a disaster in terms of leadership.
Posting in a vacuum, nor interested in anything else right now - no construction project of that size come in at or close to budget, because the budgeted costs are from years prior and forecasts of market confmditions never really hold. Developers and contractors understand this, which is why their contracts always cover their ass in this regard. Budgets are figures used to get owners off center to pull the trigger on the project. It's an ugly and sad reality of the business...but it's the truth.

"We've ran out of arguments to actually defend this lot anymore, what can we do? Erm ... laugh at them for not protesting enough? Just remember to still laugh at the ones who do go as well, so we get the double whammy in."

According to this poll, around 1000ish said they were going to turn up at the 'protest' today.

Guess, they almost all changed their minds as it was a bit chilly. 🤷‍♂️

Those sorts of protests never work. They just look shit.

Seen more people at a bus stop and because of that it paints a picture that it’s a tiny minority of fans who want ENIC out. So they’re doing more harm than good imo.

Back
Top Bottom