Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
On the internet we’ve lost the ability to disagree reasonably. We can fiercely disagree but we don’t need to make everything personal all the time.

Maybe we just weigh things up differently and we can explore each others reasons using the evidence we have?

Being right doesn’t win you a trophy.

WaRrrA troPhY!

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

:harrylol:

The point of discussion is to explore both sides of a debate and think about how to weigh up the evidence.

« Being right » is not really that important because it’s just a football forum. Digging into the evidence and testing ideas is the point.

I can’t understand why you would not want to hear CONTRASTING views or why you’re actively trying to shut them down. That doesn’t achieve anything.

It’s probably partly cultural - debating things is Frances national pastime. But there are definitely posters capable of having an open discussion here. Shame it’s not more. Too many people make it personal right away instead of engaging in the evidence and arguments. That’s deplorable.
I didn't know you were french

Just thinking things through and asked myself these questions

1.Do i enjoy the way we play football at the moment?- No
2. Do i think we will win something this year? - No.
3. Am i confindent that we are moving forward as a club& team? - No
4.Have beigals been reintroduced in the ground matchday? - No
5. Do i enjoy the match day drink pre/post game in the pubs with my mates? - Yes

Out of all them,the only positive is the only one that has nothing to do with ENIC.

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
I don’t get this either. Happy for little black African kids to die in collapsing mines as their right for a smart phone is more important. But a football team having an evil owner is not on!
Smart phones are infinitesimal compared to the lithium we need for storage to make renewables work (which is a great idea btw but we need different batteries)

Point being, the world is a pretty fucked up place and I love football because it's meant to be a distraction. If Qatari wealth wants to take a controlling stake in us I'm all for it. If we turn it down likelihood is they'll invest elsewhere and put us further down the pecking order.

This does not mean we have to condone or agree with their culture and practices but as already mentioned we're far better to voice concerns and influence if they're close to us.

Bullshit

There's even a Levy appreciation thread somewhere in the archives. With some people advocating a fucking statue
Archives… speaks volumes bud. We’re allowed to switch opinions right?

I was firmly in the ‘we’ve not won trophies but improvements in other areas will eventually pay dividends on the pitch’ group, but now I don’t believe that. I’ve never once thought they were in it as fans, and they saw it as an investment but that’s also true of nearly every owner, they just keep their head down, it’s naive to think otherwise.

We‘ve made some shocking appointments and decisions over recent times which now seems to be tipping the balance, for me and many others.

W

I was firmly in the ‘we’ve not won trophies but improvements in other areas will eventually pay dividends on the pitch’ group, but now I don’t believe that. I’ve never once thought they were in it as fans, and they saw it as an investment but that’s also true of nearly every owner, they just keep their head down, it’s naive to think otherwise.

We‘ve made some shocking appointments and decisions over recent times which now seems to be tipping the balance, for me and many others.
Whilst I was never "pro ENIC" I certainly wasn't ENIC out years back.
I am now .
So yeah,I agree we can all change our viewpoint.

Bullshit

There's even a Levy appreciation thread somewhere in the archives. With some people advocating a fucking statue
A statue wouldn't actually be a bad idea. We'd have something to legitimately attack and imagine the scenes once we lob off its head and roll it down the Park Lane stand.

Fair play to the protesters that turned up this morning, I see a fair few of them don't use this forum judging by the comments and posters on here today.

Hopefully it might put abit of pressure on the board to improve the playing squad. The types of numbers at the protest means they probably won't put the club up for sale but hopefully it makes them realise that some kind of strategy change is required.

The point of discussion is to explore both sides of a debate and think about how to weigh up the evidence.

« Being right » is not really that important because it’s just a football forum. Digging into the evidence and testing ideas is the point.

I can’t understand why you would not want to hear CONTRASTING views or why you’re actively trying to shut them down. That doesn’t achieve anything.

It’s probably partly cultural - debating things is Frances national pastime. But there are definitely posters capable of having an open discussion here. Shame it’s not more. Too many people make it personal right away instead of engaging in the evidence and arguments. That’s deplorable.

“Too many people make it personal right away”

Says the cunt who makes ‘mother’ jokes at other posters or implying that other posters haven’t got long to live!!

Never personal from this fucking hypocrite!

I was the same and had a few cunt offs with JT and others but I hold my hands up now and admit that I got it badly wrong

The sooner these parasites are out of our club the better!

Fair play to the protesters that turned up this morning, I see a fair few of them don't use this forum judging by the comments and posters on here today.

Hopefully it might put abit of pressure on the board to improve the playing squad. The types of numbers at the protest means they probably won't put the club up for sale but hopefully it makes them realise that some kind of strategy change is required.
Less than 50 at a 'protest" is going to do nothing.

Less than 50 at a 'protest" is going to do nothing.
I do agree, at least they try though. I just don't think enough people will turn up to any sort of protest. When you see things like 'we want our club back' it's pretty ridiculous. We have a great club that is no doubt in a better place than when they took over. They should be saying things like 'invest in the football side, not the business side' or something along those lines and not a rubbish phrase like mine 😂 . Probably won't make a slight bit of difference though.

Being reasonable has nothing to do with cognitive abilities. It means being amenable to reason.

I’m not trying to control the context. I’m holding the author to account for the arguments HE makes.

But I guess you don’t want to engage with that so let’s leave it there.
What about condescension at every turn, is that being reasonable? Trouble is you dont like being challenged and you basically call every poster who has opposing views to yours as 'thick'.

I,m not the only one on here, there are others that can see this

“Too many people make it personal right away”

Says the cunt who makes ‘mother’ jokes at other posters or implying that other posters haven’t got long to live!!

Never personal from this fucking hypocrite!
You’re upset that I made a personal comment about you as I was calling you out for racially abusing a black person on Twitter and then lying to try to excuse it. It’s almost like you’re trying to deflect from what you were doing.

Note that all those personal comments are directed at you. And you are a terrible person online. When we’re discussing something I don’t resort to personal comments like that.

What about condescension at every turn, is that being reasonable? Trouble is you dont like being challenged and you basically call every poster who has opposing views to yours as 'thick'.

I,m not the only one on here, there are others that can see this
Not true at all. I love being challenged.

What I push back on is the posters who refuse to accept facts or who present one-sided arguments. We shouldn’t need to deny facts or tell people their view is unacceptable or tell fellow spurs fans to fuck off just because we disagree … particularly if we’re confident in what we believe. Deal with the issues instead of making insidious personal comments or trying to create in groups and out groups.

If you want to discuss the issues I’m always here for it as long as we’re led by facts and evidence.

You’re upset that I made a personal comment about you as I was calling you out for racially abusing a black person on Twitter and then lying to try to excuse it. It’s almost like you’re trying to deflect from what you were doing.

Note that all those personal comments are directed at you. And you are a terrible person online. When we’re discussing something I don’t resort to personal comments like that.

What I push back on is the posters who refuse to accept facts or who present one-sided arguments. We shouldn’t need to deny facts or tell people their view is unacceptable or tell fellow spurs fans to fuck off just because we disagree … particularly if we’re confident in what we believe. Deal with the issues instead of making insidious personal comments or trying to create in groups and out groups.

If you want to discuss the issues I’m always here for it as long as we’re led by facts and evidence.
Facts
1 trophy in 23 years
Turgid football for the last few years
Managerial appointments that dont work because said manager is not backed
Awful managerial appointments- Nuno
Claiming to get a manager that will play attractive football - Tottenhams DNA
The Super league
The most expensive season tickets in Europe
Having no strategy
Not selling the deadwood

And you still believe after 23 years of onfield failure Enic-levy deserve more time and more chances...

Facts
1 trophy in 23 years
Turgid football for the last few years
Managerial appointments that dont work because said manager is not backed
Awful managerial appointments- Nuno
Claiming to get a manager that will play attractive football - Tottenhams DNA
The Super league
The most expensive season tickets in Europe
Having no strategy
Not selling the deadwood

And you still believe after 23 years of onfield failure Enic-levy deserve more time and more chances...
I agree with those facts/opinions. They are all valid and hold weight.

So you haven’t made ‘mother’ jokes to posters then?

You haven’t said to me that I haven’t got long left??

You’re a lying hypocritical cunt and it’s not only me that’s saying that

Now fuck off

So you haven’t made ‘mother’ jokes to posters then?

You haven’t said to me that I haven’t got long left??

You’re a lying hypocritical cunt and it’s not only me that’s saying that

Now fuck off
I said in the post you quoted that I made personal comments about you. I also explained the context.

Learn to read or don’t reply.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

Back
Top Bottom