Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you just go up to random strangers and ask them for their opinion on ENIC?

‘Excuse me Sir, sorry to bother you. Can I just ask you a quick couple of questions about our owner’.

I mean, I have five mates who are Spurs, with two having season tickets. They all want ENIC out.

We all have anecdotes.

I think the fact that the actual protests have seen very few in numbers attending suggests that the feeling of ENIC out doesn't run as deep in the match going fan as it does online - there's a simple way to get the message across, don't attend matches, stay outside with the banners and flags, the empty seats will speak loudly if it's trult the majority who have this opinion - but you all know it'd be a handful of people who'd actually care enough about it to actually do something meaningful like that and you'd barely notice an empty seat in the house

Because the reality of things is, it is only a very small minority that want them out. Which has been confirmed by the lack of numbers at the protest today. It's only really online like forums/twitter which make things look worse than they probably are in the grand scheme of things. Twitter is an awful way to judge opinion, its rubbish with football stuff and the same in politics (not going down that route btw 😆)
If there was a democratic vote by legacy fans they would out in an instance. Even your not so stupid to realise that or immune to the general mood of the majority.
I agree most people are apathetic but that doesn't mean they don't find them repugnant.
Your love of Enic/Levy overrides any common sense .

Nobody knows the percentages of our fanbase that wants the board in or out. I’d suggest the majority are pretty ambivalent as to who is in charge. People who can see the good and the bad in ENIC and Levy and would be ok with them continuing, but wouldn’t be against a change.

I’d say the minority are those who want ENIC and Levy to remain and don’t want a takeover at all. Removing the board and or owners are gaining numbers though, that much is clear. But, like you, I’ve not a huge amount to base that on. Posts on here and a dozen mates who are pretty split on the whole thing.
For what it’s worth, I think this Summer will be very significant.

If we lose Conte (more the fact of having *another* manager), lose Kane, watch the Scum win the league and continue to lollop around without a clue then things could become vocally ‘ENIC out’ during games.

I think we all realise that we’re not going to see large scale protests, but I certainly think the atmosphere in the crowd will change.

Seeing Kane in a UTD shirt is going to be very, very painful. We can spin it any way we want, but our greatest ever striker alongside Jimmy will have had to leave the club to realise any form of silverware. That simply isn’t acceptable.

The ENIC project was a smashing if often frustrating success and ended the day the new stadium opened.

The asset value of Tottenham Hotspur peaked the day Conte clinched top four last season and will go down every day hereafter into a mid-table nothingness if we're lucky.
I wish they would float it on the market....shareholders have power...I'd certainly invest if the IPO wasn't too levyish

If there was a democratic vote by legacy fans they would out in an instance. Even your not so stupid to realise that or immune to the general mood of the majority.
I agree most people are apathetic but that doesn't mean they don't find them repugnant.
Your love of Enic/Levy overrides any common sense .
But I'll go back to the point I raised earlier, end of last season you can guarantee there wasn't all this hysteria online about getting ENIC out. I reckon if you read back on that particular thread you'd probably have exactly the same type of conversations but just the other way round more vocally.

The only reason I don't come on here slagging off the board is not because I sit at home wearing a Daniel Levy t-shirt but because supporting a football club for me is through the thick and thin.

The Woolwich protests and Manchester United ones have gone very quiet recently. I wonder why? Would love to have seen the state of Woolwich Mania after we beat them 3-0 last season.

Silent Stan etc.... Arteta out etc....

Now look at the twats.

As I’ve suggested before, you can take the piss out of the small number of protestors today, but it’s still more people than will be at this season’s trophy parade.
I would imagine the guys taking the piss out of the hardy, passionate souls showing their love for the club this morning have never been to a Spurs game in their life.
Sat on their fat arses ridiculing proper, die hard fans from the comfort of their living rooms is a new low point, even for them :disdain:

Disgusting.

For what it’s worth, I think this Summer will be very significant.

If we lose Conte (more the fact of having *another* manager), lose Kane, watch the Scum win the league and continue to lollop around without a clue then things could become vocally ‘ENIC out’ during games.

I think we all realise that we’re not going to see large scale protests, but I certainly think the atmosphere in the crowd will change.

Seeing Kane in a UTD shirt is going to be very, very painful. We can spin it any way we want, but our greatest ever striker alongside Jimmy will have had to leave the club to realise any form of silverware. That simply isn’t acceptable.

For me its just the mismanagement of a historic brand. Under Enic we have become a joke in football.

Even teams like stevenage and Leyton Orient can laugh at us.

Thats what hurts. Sure we have a brilliant stadium. Great training facilities etc. but on the pitch we are seen as weak.

No one respects us. Even woolwich in their ‘dark days’ won 4 FA cups. We get nothing. Its the incompetence and the total cluelessness that winds me up. I am attached to a joke brand and i know with half decent stewardship we coukd have realised a pot or 2 in europe and a couple of fa cups.

Its been 22 years of failure.

Our problem is our player recruitment is shit, mostly because we spend large sums on players that fail to produce. A large part of that is because for a large part of the past 20 years Levy has been the de facto head of football operations which he's as bad at as he is good at running the business of the club. But the stadium is great.

Bingo.

Yet we keep being conned into blaiming the football staff.

You can express your view, just don't make shit up. I'm not just gonna stick an X to your name when you make bullshit claims, I will reply to it and give you the chance to actually justify what you claimed .. which you can't.

No, we certainly won't if you're going to make up things to try and make out our fanbase still supports ENIC..
I'll accept that people don't always agree on views, but my god you don't half make a mountain out of a mole hill on alot of stuff on this forum.

I would imagine the guys taking the piss out of the hardy, passionate souls showing their love for the club this morning have never been to a Spurs game in their life.
Sat on their fat arses ridiculing proper, die hard fans from the comfort of their living rooms is a new low point, even for them :disdain:

Disgusting.
Bollocks.

Dude. Do you not remember the scramble Levy had to make to find us somewhere to play?

christ at one point he was begging west ham to share their stadium? I remember.

Do you remember we had to beg the league to allow us to use 2 stadiums in one season? Against their laws.

i remember.

but in your mind this was all planned right? Teflon Dan had it all covered and planned from the start right?

Don’t make me laugh.

Any ceo with serious oversight would have been sacked on the spot.

Nepotism. Guy should have stuck to selling shit clothes no one wanted. Not fucking up a worldwide known football team.

That last line, lol, sums your memory wrt this stadium debate up perfectly - we're in a much better state as a club today than when ENIC took over and a much more well know name worldwide - you can argue all day that they aren't the ones best placed to make the most of the platform that is now in place to deliver success and join the elite or that they haven’t delivered on the pitch in terms of trophies and it'd be an argument i think has some validity but you can't talk about where we were then vs now and say they have fucked us up, everything is in place for the club to be the best it's ever been - the argument is only whether or not they can make it happen.

And wrt your further rants about the stadium build - the revised project was always going to include a year away, this wasn't an oversight or a failure it was planned along with the new designn, so you can drop that point. The club considered and negotiated different options for that year away - this is normal procedure and we setlled on what was probably the best of those options. The build over ran, anyone with any experience of construction will know this is commonplace within the industry and we negotiatedwith Wembley to extend our stay. Even with the delay, all things considered, a stadium of that spec in that location, being delivered within a 4 year time frame is outstanding work by all involvrd and it's laughable that you think it's something the lead clients CEO should have lost his job over - shows a complete lack knowledge of anything relating to the topic.

I note the Levy apologists…Im looking at you Micky Bubbles Micky Bubbles and the french fellow dont answer my replies.

you have no road left, ive just stated facts.

Tottenham Hotspur is a property developer with a soccer team attached.

I started that saying 3 years ago. And I wasn’t wrong.

I think what he meant was only a small minority want them out enough to actually do anything about it.

Were you at the training ground today? Will you try to get the club shop closed on the day of the City game? Will you take part in the sit in?
Thank you.

My point was mainly raised based on the lack of people at the protests. Clearly the feeling isn't that strong to get them out based on numbers at the protest where the real ENIC Out voices are heard and would be heard.

Like I mentioned earlier, criticise the running of the club which would be more beneficial.

Man Utd & Woolwich fans protested at the way their clubs were run. Now look at them. Why can't that happen with us?

... and at a time, at which ENICs so called AmBiTiOn was alledgedly supposed to be peaking.

Full on fucking shitshow.

I note the Levy apologists…Im looking at you Micky Bubbles Micky Bubbles and the french fellow dont answer my replies.

you have no road left, ive just stated facts.

Tottenham Hotspur is a property developer with a soccer team attached.

I started that saying 3 years ago. And I wasn’t wrong.
"The French fellow" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry. I don't know why, but that line just made me choke on my beer!

That last line, lol, sums your memory wrt this stadium debate up perfectly - we're in a much better state as a club today than when ENIC took over and a much more well know name worldwide - you can argue all day that they aren't the ones best placed to make the most of the platform that is now in place to deliver success and join the elite or that they haven’t delivered on the pitch in terms of trophies and it'd be an argument i think has some validity but you can't talk about where we were then vs now and say they have fucked us up, everything is in place for the club to be the best it's ever been - the argument is only whether or not they can make it happen.

And wrt your further rants about the stadium build - the revised project was always going to include a year away, this wasn't an oversight or a failure it was planned along with the new designn, so you can drop that point. The club considered and negotiated different options for that year away - this is normal procedure and we setlled on what was probably the best of those options. The build over ran, anyone with any experience of construction will know this is commonplace within the industry and we negotiatedwith Wembley to extend our stay. Even with the delay, all things considered, a stadium of that spec in that location, being delivered within a 4 year time frame is outstanding work by all involvrd and it's laughable that you think it's something the lead clients CEO should have lost his job over - shows a complete lack knowledge of anything relating to the topic.

lol. This sums up perfectly why I see us as the equivalent version of the Tory party as a football club.

you seem to ignore they have been custodians for the last 22 years…the last fucking 22 years. You blame us not winning stuff because we didnt win anything for 9 years BEFORE they took over.

Turn it in mate. I’m not blind. I’ve seen their errors. I remember. Everything that has been good at Spurs during their tenure has been luck. They even fucked up the greatest English striker since Jimmy Greaves.

with the players we had and the money weve spent we should have had sine success. Levy is an idiot. Any other business and he would have been sacked after Santini ffs. Hes clueless.

this isnt knee jerk. Its observing 22 years of failure.

Back
Top Bottom