Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Posting in a vacuum, nor interested in anything else right now - no construction project of that size come in at or close to budget, because the budgeted costs are from years prior and forecasts of market confmditions never really hold. Developers and contractors understand this, which is why their contracts always cover their ass in this regard. Budgets are figures used to get owners off center to pull the trigger on the project. It's an ugly and sad reality of the business...but it's the truth.

I‘m not naive in the world of big construction but double the cost and 2 years late? Thats just ridiculous.

Particularly when teflon Dan made such a big noise over his ’ watertight’ contract with kier and others over late payments for delays.

i remember it. I was there.

Seen more people at a bus stop and because of that it paints a picture that it’s a tiny minority of fans who want ENIC out.
Because the reality of things is, it is only a very small minority that want them out. Which has been confirmed by the lack of numbers at the protest today. It's only really online like forums/twitter which make things look worse than they probably are in the grand scheme of things. Twitter is an awful way to judge opinion, its rubbish with football stuff and the same in politics (not going down that route btw 😆)

Those sorts of protests never work. They just look shit.

Seen more people at a bus stop and because of that it paints a picture that it’s a tiny minority of fans who want ENIC out. So they’re doing more harm than good imo.
Absolutely. Most Spurs fans don't live near the stadium or the training ground. Supporters come from all over, near and far. Asking them to show up for no other reason than to shout at the chairman on an off day just isn't gonna come off. And then, like you said, it just looks like it's a small fraction that's frustrated.

Have a march on match day. Protest by standing in the street and yelling instead of going inside. A half empty stadium with 20,000 in the street is meaningful.

I‘m not naive in the world of big construction but double the cost and 2 years late? Thats just ridiculous.

Particularly when teflon Dan made such a big noise over his ’ watertight’ contract with kier and others over late payments for delays.

The stadium is a triumph and a jewel and will be the club's biggest weapon for generations if and only if it is in hands more competent than Levy's.

Because the reality of things is, it is only a very small minority that want them out. Which has been confirmed by the lack of numbers at the protest today. It's only really online like forums/twitter which make things look worse than they probably are in the grand scheme of things. Twitter is an awful way to judge opinion, its rubbish with football stuff and the same in politics (not going down that route btw 😆)

This is a pathetic little lie, it really is. People not protesting doesn't = they're Levy in, most of the posters on here are Levy Out and didn't protest. Really sad that you'd fall to these kind of baseless claims.

The internet isn't a vacuum. Right now if you polled our fanbase the majority would be ENIC out, I'd stick my fucking life on it. So for someone like you to come up with shit like this is seriously offensive to people's intelligence. Even most of the Levy in supporters on here have converted or having serious doubts FFS.

Double the cost and 2 years late is an exaggeration. The issue is that the schedule was always overly ambitious and burdened by unrealistic expectations about the time we'd need to move out of the stadium.

In the grand scheme of stadium construction, it was a fairly decent job in my opinion. And it proves why no one builds over an existing ground.

Anyway, the stadium cost is really not that great and I don't know why people bring it up so much. We have a jewel of a stadium financed at a very manageable rate.

Our problem is our player recruitment is shit, mostly because we spend large sums on players that fail to produce. A large part of that is because for a large part of the past 20 years Levy has been the de facto head of football operations which he's as bad at as he is good at running the business of the club. But the stadium is great.

Very little of the bad stuff that ENIC have baked into the pie have happened yet.

Kane leaving will be a wake-up moment for the normies.

.. And it's still just not true. Even a few years ago the supporters trust ran a poll (not on fucking twitter) and the vast majority did not approve of ENIC. The idea that right here right now most of the fanbase doesn't want the fuckers out is .. wrong.

But yes, it will get even worse when our star gives us the middle finger & we struggle to get conference league football. Some fans have earned every bit of that though, and the little bit of joy I'll get from all the upcoming suffering is the schadenfreude earned from knowing they have to suffer through it too & I get to watch their backtracking.

This is a pathetic little lie, it really is. People not protesting doesn't = they're Levy in, most of the posters on here are Levy Out and didn't protest. Really sad that you'd fall to these kind of baseless claims.

The internet isn't a vacuum. Right now if you polled our fanbase the majority would be ENIC out, I'd stick my fucking life on it. So for someone like you to come up with shit like this is seriously offensive to people's intelligence. Even most of the Levy in supporters on here have converted or having serious doubts FFS.
It's not a lie though. I've said it before, the general feeling around the stadium is not demanding the board go which is the main basis of this thread.

Timing is crucial with polls. This poll was created to cause a reaction, there was also a poll which was started at the end of last season and it was very much ENIC in (probably to cause a reaction too).

There's lots of good debates and conversations about both sides and both sets of posters make good points.

.. And it's still just not true. Even a few years ago the supporters trust ran a poll (not on fucking twitter) and the vast majority did not approve of ENIC. The idea that right here right now most of the fanbase doesn't want the fuckers out is .. wrong.

But yes, it will get even worse when our star gives us the middle finger & we struggle to get conference league football. Some fans have earned every bit of that though, and the little bit of joy I'll get from all the upcoming suffering is the schadenfreude earned from knowing they have to suffer through it too & I get to watch their backtracking.
No disagreement.

That said, a real "fanbase hates the ownership" situation is very visible and public narrative-defining.

Spurs haven't ever been quite in that place in modern times. That will change soonish.

I do think steering clear of that line has been something in Levy's mind, and that's the biggest reason I think Kane plays out the last year of his deal next year with either Poch or a bamboozled Conte managing.

Double the cost and 2 years late is an exaggeration. The issue is that the schedule was always overly ambitious and burdened by unrealistic expectations about the time we'd need to move out of the stadium.

In the grand scheme of stadium construction, it was a fairly decent job in my opinion. And it proves why no one builds over an existing ground.

Anyway, the stadium cost is really not that great and I don't know why people bring it up so much. We have a jewel of a stadium financed at a very manageable rate.

Our problem is our player recruitment is shit, mostly because we spend large sums on players that fail to produce. A large part of that is because for a large part of the past 20 years Levy has been the de facto head of football operations which he's as bad at as he is good at running the business of the club. But the stadium is great.

I dint think its an exaggeration at all.

Also its fair comment after Levys boasting previous to it. He was crowing over late payments fines.

Christ he even pretended he was a genius over buying cranes.

He hadnt even made the deal with Archway Steel till the totally unexpected accidental fire.

It's not a lie though. I've said it before, the general feeling around the stadium is not demanding the board go which is the main basis of this thread.

Timing is crucial with polls. This poll was created to cause a reaction, there was also a poll which was started at the end of last season and it was very much ENIC in (probably to cause a reaction too).

There's lots of good debates and conversations about both sides and both sets of posters make good points.

It's absolutely a lie. You have nothing to back it up. Go and find me ANY proof that the majority of fans don't want ENIC to go. We've got a lot of relatively ambivalent fans who want them out but won't protest & we haven't reached critical point where people are angry enough to cause a real stink, but that does not equate to support for ENIC at all.

Ok, well we're referring to the present. You're claiming right now that most of our fanbase are ENIC in. It's untrue, isn't it? You're pulling it out of your ass based on matchgoers - a tiny % of our fanbase - not all wanting to lynch Levy.

Very little of the bad stuff that ENIC have baked into the pie have happened yet.

Kane leaving will be a wake-up moment for the normies.
The same board which managed to tie down Harry Kane to a 6 year contract which has no doubt made his life unbelievably comfortable. Harry Kane admitted himself on the Gary Neville interview that Levy has been very good to him. Harry Kane is no doubt my favourite player and an absolute legend but you can't blame ENIC for him not turning up in finals. Also, considering the stick ENIC/Levy get, he didn't accept an offer from Man City for him despite only being about making money. Kane most likely has a big role to play in who manages the club.

Voted out (finally)

Unless Kane's inevitable exit this summer wakes Levy up to the reality of whats needed, It's Levy out for me.

No disagreement.

That said, a real "fanbase hates the ownership" situation is very visible and public narrative-defining.

Spurs haven't ever been quite in that place in modern times. That will change soonish.

I do think steering clear of that line has been something in Levy's mind, and that's the biggest reason I think Kane plays out the last year of his deal next year with either Poch or a bamboozled Conte managing.

Yeah we're in between phases. I believe the majority do want ENIC out but are not at the stage where they're willing to march about it, or miss out on a match day. They dislike Levy/ENIC but not enough to inconvenience themselves over it.

The idea they have majority support is nonsense. Nothing supports this at all.

The same board which managed to tie down Harry Kane to a 6 year contract which has no doubt made his life unbelievably comfortable. Harry Kane admitted himself on the Gary Neville interview that Levy has been very good to him. Harry Kane is no doubt my favourite player and an absolute legend but you can't blame ENIC for him not turning up in finals. Also, considering the stick ENIC/Levy get, he didn't accept an offer from Man City for him despite only being about making money. Kane most likely has a big role to play in who manages the club.

He's fucking off from this club and good luck to him, deserves better than this toxic mess of a club where we have fans more willing to blame him for not winning trophies than the owners who rule over the entire club and failed to do so before Kane & will continue to fail when he is gone.

I have said previously that I would take Levy to go and give Enic another go under a new chairman.

just being fair. In an ideal world i want them out but i‘d take Levy gone with Enic staying.

guy is a clown.

Back
Top Bottom