Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That Guardian article is a complete embarrassment.

This golden nugget particularly raises a chuckle

Oh really?

Jol, 5th &5th
Redknapp, 4th, 5th, 4th
AvB 5th
Sherwood 6th

Pochettino left club 14th place in the league but he removed its jaded mid table mentality. Laughable.

And the the selective picking from Mourinho's comments is something else. The whole media have talked out about how this is a different Jose - the Jose who apologised to Dier for taking him off, who talked about the quality he has, who is high fiving ball boys. The sky panel yesterday even commented on this with Redknapp who clearly dislikes him stating that he had seen Jose like this before.

I thought we would finally have some honest critique of the Pochettino era but it seems some are on here and in the media are doubling down and trying to rewrite the fact that he wasted one of the clubs best ever teams and had picked up 25 points in his last 24 league games.
Out of all those seasons, all they remember is Juande Ramos... Agenda at it's finest. Yesterday Sky took it to a whole new level. Carragher and Jamie Redkapp as pundits (fuck Redknapp by the way), Martin Tyler shouting "YES!" and creaming in his pants when Liverpool score, Gary Neville doesn't say a single good thing about us, while weirdly having Liverpool's side for everything, considering he's a manc. Same thing is in France, RMC is FILLED with ex-Liverpool or ex-Scum players like Djibril Cisse, Emmanuel Petit etc. I'm getting sick of it, but man oh man will it make it even sweeter when we finally win something.

Out of all those seasons, all they remember is Juande Ramos... Agenda at it's finest. Yesterday Sky took it to a whole new level. Carragher and Jamie Redkapp as pundits (fuck Redknapp by the way), Martin Tyler shouting "YES!" and creaming in his pants when Liverpool score, Gary Neville doesn't say a single good thing about us, while weirdly having Liverpool's side for everything, considering he's a manc. Same thing is in France, RMC is FILLED with ex-Liverpool or ex-Scum players like Djibril Cisse, Emmanuel Petit etc. I'm getting sick of it, but man oh man will it make it even sweeter when we finally win something.

It’s not him, none of them have moved on from the ‘90s. If you listened to Neville whilst Poch was here you would have never have believed the Redknapp era existed ( which is why Redknapp called him out on it onetime).

Prior to Pochettino and since 2005 we have been a side that plays attractive football, that can beat anyone on its day but falls short of the major honours. Pochettino’s time at the club was precisely that - he was more consistent than Jol and Redknapp but also has the luxury of a far better side

Accused of having an agenda despite praising parts of the game I thought we were good in (and other games), so TWICE post articles and pieces from two top journalists who have similar takes to me, to show that it's not just me that is questioning aspects we currently have with Tottenham, just still it's ME that has an agenda though.

This place is devoid of any objectivity.
It’s not just you- surely this is a place or safely (haha) share opinions? Clearly, the fact that journos have similar views to many in this forum shows how disparate opinions of teams are. The reality is, whatever way we express it, we all want the best for the club and the future of the club!

It’s not just you- surely this is a place or safely (haha) share opinions? Clearly, the fact that journos have similar views to many in this forum shows how disparate opinions of teams are. The reality is, whatever way we express it, we all want the best for the club and the future of the club!
Of course, we want the best for the Club. But if you post anything that some on here disagree with then you get accused of not wanting the best for the club, only have a self-interest, having an agenda and being told your not a real fan (all aimed at me in the past couple of pages).

You don't share everything I've written, yet have been able to conduct an adult, respectful conversation which I appreciate.

Of course, we want the best for the Club. But if you post anything that some on here disagree with then you get accused of not wanting the best for the club, only have a self-interest, having an agenda and being told your not a real fan (all aimed at me in the past couple of pages).

You don't share everything I've written, yet have been able to conduct an adult, respectful conversation which I appreciate.
Tbf, I just duck out of those conversations.

Pretty sure we aint the only team who tries “long ball football” pretty sure I saw Liverpool do it a fair few times yesterday
I don't have a problem with us mixing it up with some long balls, why would we not use Gazza and Toby's ability to pump the ball upfield, with Lucas and Sonny using their pace to run at defenders. It's not going to work every time, and I don't want that to be our only way of getting the ball forward, but passing the ball sidewards and backwards for 20 minutes is hardly effective either.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a tactical person and this may be too simplistic, but there are times when people make things more complicated than needs be.

That's a myth.... He's been un-favourably compared to Rose for years on that front, but check the end product stats per game.

Can't remember the exact line-up, but Sessengon got a start at LW and JM changed it up a little in other areas inc. GLC (pressumably to further size up other senior players for more important fixtures).... It's not worth playing kids in too much of a changed line-up because you won't get a clear view of their aptitude if the rest of the team around them is only semi-functional. We lost that game 3-1... Any weaker and it would hav been another slaughter and no-one gains.

Like I said in an earlier post, I appreciate your eagerness (i'm eager too), but the idea that the manager should operate according to what the fans would like to "know" is folly. He's see them in training and has no need to pander to us on that level nor deem it a "failure".

I don't know the stats on the two. I just know the feeling Davies gives me, when going forward. Would you then accept the premise that Davies played the lesser games against the lesser opposition? I seriously can't remember Davies involved in a goal.

Usually I'd agree that too many kids in the line-up could lower levels too much and just turn out a mare instead. On the other hand our seniors aren't exactly playing at highest standard, so in that regard we probably wouldn't worsen things too much. May even add some competition for those oldies feeling a little to comfortable. Regarding the Bayern game, I really lost when he (Jose) replaced Lucas with Son in the 65 min. Just after Bayern had scored to 3-1, so I don't know what the motivation was behind that sub.

Of course the manager shouldn't act according to fans needs or wishes. It might just have been handy for himself. You know Jose also commented that they had analyzed Tanganga's performances in pre-season, which was also part of his selection yesterday. So maybe it's not that easy to merit game time solely through training.

For what it's worth (yeah I know, not much) I fully agree on your assessment of our club and gaffer

Meh, Jose ain't doing it at the moment but it's pretty obvious Levy has questions to answer given both managers have had the same issues. Levy's delivered an elite stadium and we're financially sound, but he needs to steer clear of the football side of things, he loves wheeling and dealing even more than Redknapp!

We urgently need a director of football to sort out the sport side - let Levy take care of the business.

Back
Top Bottom