Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hense I said "per game".

Davies was 1st choice for 18 months when Rose was out; barely rotated and payed all the big games.

These are senior career stats (inc. internationals and Swansea & Sunderland respectively), but all I can find with ease....

Davies:
Mins: 18355
Goals 6
Assists 19 <<<
Yell: 32
Red: 0

Rose:
Mins: 17082
Goals 9 <<<
Assists 18
Yell: 53
Red: 2

Rose actually comes out on top when you consider minutes played(*), but this still supports the notion that there is in fact very little between them..... Shame there's no clean sheet stats, to support the defensive side of the equation.

(*Shock to see Ben's played more tbh.)

There's more depth to what I said than merely the overall team performance.

There's the player to concern yourself with; not just the result. Also, as I noted if the level of the team is lower then it's less reasonable to expect a kid to make an impact within said line-up. It unfavourabl distorts perception and achieves little.

[quote[Of course the manager shouldn't act according to fans needs or wishes. It might just have been handy for himself. You know Jose also commented that they had analyzed Tanganga's performances in pre-season, which was also part of his selection yesterday. So maybe it's not that easy to merit game time solely through training.

If, as it seems, all your point amounts to is that it's tough for a young inexperienced player to break into the match-day squad for a young player amidst all the millions of £s worth of playing staff a club invests in, then yes; it's difficult.... (See recent gripes on behalf of Foden @ City or Hudson-Adoi under Sarri.)

This also ought to be remembered, as and when conversations turn to whether we'd be better off without EL if we don't qualify for CL next year. i.e. There'll be even less time to blood new players and less cause for rotation.
[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked about all those assists from Davies (not so much that I'll actually check up on them). I would also have guessed he would be on half those goals.

I wouldn't be to concerned about the wellbeing of Winks, Skipp, Sessegnon or Foyth. They've all been exposed to the level on numerous occasions. What they all need is just regular game time. And yes, there'll be mistakes but that's just a part of growing into a footballer. Tanganga's performance yesterday will earn him at least one more chance. So I guess I'm just back to Parrott again. I have to trust the manager that Troy isn't good enough, even though I'm questioning a lot of Mou's selections. Cos age can't be an issue. I've seen Barca and Liverpool use 16 year olds this season.

Foden is a special talent, but he's really up against top players for game time. The Hudson-Odoi case wrinkled my brain. He also played a brilliant pre-season and I even picked him for my fantasy team. Weirdly enough Sarri kept chosing Pedro even though he wasn't killing it.

Edit: Just wanna comment on the EL stuff

It will only be interesting if he mixes some youth into the squad. If he treats it like the Middlesbrough game, then it's just running the team into the ground, and then I see no need as I personally would like us to focus on the league

Last edited:
I wouldn't be to concerned about the wellbeing of Winks, Skipp, Sessegnon or Foyth. They've all been exposed to the level on numerous occasions.

Winks: Not really relevant to this discussion...
Sessengon: Gets played.
Foyth: Fucks up... Needs to win JM over.
Skipp: Here and there, yes.... As per several earlier posts... There must be something Jose & Poch have reservations about.

...age can't be an issue. I've seen Barca and Liverpool use 16 year olds this season.

Are Liverpool & Barca struggling in the way we have been and are in the early days of a new manager trying to stop the rot? (....Please don't bring up the Liverpool/Villa cup tie whilst the Senior squad was away at the WCC!)....... C'mon dude, let the counterpoints I've previous provided continue to resonate beyond the moment you acknowledge them.

Someone mentioned Rooney earlier... He was played was a Maverick talent it was hoped could bring them up a level, not to fix a dysfunctional team.

Foden is a special talent, but he's really up against top players for game time.

The diffences in levels are relative and thus comparative then. :)

Winks: Not really relevant to this discussion...
Sessengon: Gets played.
Foyth: Fucks up... Needs to win JM over.
Skipp: Here and there, yes.... As per several earlier posts... There must be something Jose & Poch have reservations about.

Are Liverpool & Barca struggling in the way we have been and are in the early days of a new manager trying to stop the rot? (....Please don't bring up the Liverpool/Villa cup tie whilst the Senior squad was away at the WCC!)....... C'mon dude, let the counterpoints I've previous provided continue to resonate beyond the moment you acknowledge them.

Someone mentioned Rooney earlier... He was played was a Maverick talent it was hoped could bring them up a level, not to fix a dysfunctional team.

The diffences in levels are relative and thus comparative then. :)

Yes Liverpool and Barca are great places atm. But I was thinking about Liverpools FA Cup game against Everton.

The Dippers Line-up: Adrian - Williams, Phillips, Gomez, Milner - Lallana, Chirivella, Jones - Elliott, Minamino, Origi

Milner went off injured after 9 mins and was replaced by Larouci (yes, me neither).

Only Joe Gomez played against us. I'm just in envy. These kids played brilliant against Everton.

These articles slamming Jose since the Liverpool game are baffling. Kane is out, the midfield is a mess, and people wanted us to play attack minded against the best team in the world? Do they like losing 4-1?

These articles slamming Jose since the Liverpool game are baffling. Kane is out, the midfield is a mess, and people wanted us to play attack minded against the best team in the world? Do they like losing 4-1?
Because all the media do is take the piss out of us and think we have billions like man City and Chelsea and don't realise we have over achieved with how little we have spent. And all they find to say is they have not won anything since 2008

He himself said that if we played with the same intensity for the 90 mintues as we did for the last 20, we would've gotten tired and lost the game by at least 4. But no, the journos know best...

What did you think of my theory yesterday about Levy insisting on playing Eriksen in order to sell him in January?

I honestly believe that if Poch had been still in charge yesterday we would have lost and probably by more with the resources available

I totally agree with others in that we now shouldn’t be starting Eriksen or Rose as they’re just not making an effort and yesterday’s performance was their worst yet
Dele is another problem though
The will seems to be there but his pace has gone and I do wonder if he’s fully fit

Having said all that there were plenty of positives to take from the match
Tanganga had a good game and GLC and Coco both did well when they came on and should start the next game together with Sess for Rose

For me the game could have gone either way and their goal shouldn’t have stood and Robertson should have seen a straight red
I can't see Mourinho accepting that, especially has he's been trying to get Eriksen to sign a new contract. If your theory was true Mourinho would be finished because he's being told who he should play.

I can't see Mourinho accepting that, especially has he's been trying to get Eriksen to sign a new contract. If your theory was true Mourinho would be finished because he's being told who he should play.

I can’t but there was a similar rumour going round towards the end of Poch’s reign in that he was deliberately picking Eriksen to piss Levy off

We’ll never know but I’m struggling to find a reason for picking the cunt
Worst player on the field on Saturday and that should be his last appearance in our shirt

I can’t but there was a similar rumour going round towards the end of Poch’s reign in that he was deliberately picking Eriksen to piss Levy off

We’ll never know but I’m struggling to find a reason for picking the cunt
Worst player on the field on Saturday and that should be his last appearance in our shirt
I think it's clear to me that both Poch and Mourinho don't think GLC is good enough to take his place.

I think it's clear to me that both Poch and Mourinho don't think GLC is good enough to take his place.

Well after missing that absolute sitter on Saturday you’d have to concede that they may have a point
Right got in front of goal 🥅 n his good foot for a tap in
I thought it had gone in was already celebrating
I haven’t given up on him yet and he needs a run of games to show his true worth

Well after missing that absolute sitter on Saturday you’d have to concede that they may have a point
Right got in front of goal 🥅 n his good foot for a tap in
I thought it had gone in was already celebrating
I haven’t given up on him yet and he needs a run of games to show his true worth
Yeah he needs more time but if you concede that they are right then you can see why CE is still be picked.
Poch said it take arounds 18 months for new players to adapt....

Yeah he needs more time but if you concede that they are right then you can see why CE is still be picked.

It depends on the player and the manager surely

But Eriksen was no more than a passenger that we could ill afford on Saturday and Rose wasn’t much better so even Skipp or an ‘unadapted’ GLC would have been an improvement
At least they would have put some effort in

It depends on the player and the manager surely

But Eriksen was no more than a passenger that we could ill afford on Saturday and Rose wasn’t much better so even Skipp or an ‘unadapted’ GLC would have been an improvement
At least they would have put some effort in
But you conceded that they may have a point.
It's a difficult one but it will be solved one way or the other if CE doesn't leave this month.

You forgot Lloris, Vertonghen, Davies, Sissoko, Ndombele and Eriksen having an impersonator play in his place...

No I conceded that they may have a point
That’s all

And whether they’re right or not does not mean that CE should be picked
How many times have I and other posters said that he should never wear our shirt again??
Same for Rose imv

It might been 1-0 but if Lo celso had scored the chance that gets scored 55% of the time, we wouldnt have lost . Cant blame Jose for a terrible individual error from a player.
Considering he was more or less in the air upon hitting the ball surely there is also a bit of luck involved?

Statistically how many bicycle kicks or diving headers etc go in the net?

It might been 1-0 but if Lo celso had scored the chance that gets scored 55% of the time, we wouldnt have lost . Cant blame Jose for a terrible individual error from a player.

Or Son’s equally bad miss
Or that their goal should have been disallowed

Back
Top Bottom