Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dont know what people expect really.

Mourinho has barely been here 15 games, inherited an unbalanced squad low in confidence and desperately in need of new players.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone wants everything instantly and it's simply not reality to expect miracles from him or any other manager.

You arent just going to be better than Liverpool, City etc in a handful of games with an inferior squad.
I haven't seen a single post from anyone expecting us to be better than Liverpool. Why do you have this take from what has been posted?

More top draw football analysis. I've already alluded to their current stats and standing in a previous post, pay attention.

And again, you say I didn't mind us loosing in the CL final, like where the fuck did you get that from?!? Why do you constantly lie before you try to make a point? Is your argument genuinely that poor, that deep down you feel the need to begin with a lie?

It's this kind of bullshit that is hard to explain from you. You actually have been screaming for Poch to be sacked (fine), you cited his tactics in the CL final as a reason, yet here you are in support of the Manager that has replaced him for getting beaten by the same Club, at home, playing the same players you slated Poch for.

How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

If you didn't like the CL final, how the fuck are you using it as ammunition against me to defend what we saw from Jose yesterday?

Because Jose has had these players at their worst for ten games and Poch had them for 5 years, and won fuck all when they were all peak.

Take me seriously? I’m the one getting the likes and agrees pal......your agenda has ruined you.

It’s not about Spurs for you.
I wanted Poch out for the sake of the club.....you wanted Poch in to be right on TFC

I haven't seen a single post from anyone expecting us to be better than Liverpool. Why do you have this take from what has been posted?

Based on the fact there is a meltdown every time we lose a game - it's as if we're expected to never lose.

It's fine margins at the moment - if Lo celso scores we get a draw and the reaction is very different.

Based on yesterday I think there is no reason to doubt that once Mourinho is able to ship out some deadwood and sign some players he can put his mark on this team and we will improve a lot.

Because Jose has had these players at their worst for ten games and Poch had them for 5 years, and won fuck all when they were all peak.

Take me seriously? I’m the one getting the likes and agrees pal......your agenda has ruined you.

It’s not about Spurs for you.
I wanted Poch out for the sake of the club.....you wanted Poch in to be right on TFC
Hhhmmm.......so the "like" & "agrees" count is what it's all about then Sammy?...........give that time for everyone on here to digest those words then let that sink the fuck in!

Sorry, what have I missed, were we at our "peak" at the CL final?

I wonder what the general feeling would be here if Lo Celso hadn't missed that golden opportunity. Or if Son hadn't missed his. Surely a draw against the league leaders wouldn't have been considered such a bad result...
I'd feel the same.

It isnt about yesterday. It's about the style of play, the strange selections, strange comments and I'm really worried about how the transfer policy will play out.

I've said all along him and levy are a match made in hell and nothing I've seen so far makes me think that's wrong. New manager bounce has worn off, 1 point from 18 , he already looks tired and is getting grumpy.

What happens in the summer if we sont spend a fortune and we start badly next season, he will be throwing tantrums left right and centre.

Based on the fact there is a meltdown every time we lose a game - it's as if we're expected to never lose.

It's fine margins at the moment - if Lo celso scores we get a draw and the reaction is very different.

Based on yesterday I think there is no reason to doubt that once Mourinho is able to ship out some deadwood and sign some players he can put his mark on this team and we will improve a lot.
Trouble is mate were notoriously shit at shifting deadwood.

If I were confident that we can shift all these players and replace them easily then I'd agree but our previous manager wanted to do that 2 years ago and they're all still here.

Hhhmmm.......so the "like" & "agrees" count is what it's all about then Sammy?...........give that time for everyone on here to digest those words then let that sink the fuck in!

Likes and agrees simply mean that people agree or like what you are saying.
You asked how I can be taken seriously. I showed you that people do take me seriously.
Let that sink in.

Ironically you’ve just dropped a bollock.
No we wasn’t peak in the CL final....because we fielded an injured player.

You claim Moura shouldn’t start games but you think Dele is one of the best players in Europe.
Digest that my friend.

Dont know what people expect really.

Mourinho has barely been here 15 games, inherited an unbalanced squad low in confidence and desperately in need of new players.

Unfortunately nowadays everyone wants everything instantly and it's simply not reality to expect miracles from him or any other manager.

You arent just going to be better than Liverpool, City etc in a handful of games with an inferior squad.

I think it’s widely accepted that he is not a project manager, he’s an instant-success, born-winner manager who told us the squad was amazing.

if we’d brought in a project manager (or allowed the best manager we’d had in donkey’s years to remain) to preside over the painful rebuild expectation would be much lower.

a huge amount of frustration from folks is generated by the same perceived mistakes being repeated ad nauseum - Eriksen, Aurier, etc.

Long ball football and territory based rugby- style plays have been ineffective and dreadful to watch (although we were already dreadful to watch, it’s just a different type of dreadful), but that style does not buy you time without results with spurs fans.

incredibly poor return on the investment so far and no sign of a corner being turned.

predominantly Levy’s fault, and 15 games is not a huge sample, BUT long enough to see green shoots though, that are worryingly and painfully absent.

We know mou gets grumpy as fuck and implodes but it looks extremely likely to happen this season now, probably once the transfer window shuts with Tanganga as the only ‘new’ addition to the playing squad, so we all have to endure the impending slow-mo car crash for the rest of the season, likely followed by more upheaval.

Last edited:

I really enjoyed watching us in the 2nd half!!! I've written this like 4 or 5 times now. I even enjoyed it before the double sub was made i.e before we started to dominate that last 20mins, because I'm not expecting us to dominate them in any way.

Who's having a meltdown? I didn't expect us to win before we kicked off yesterday, I think it's a fair assumption to make that the majority of Spurs fans were expecting us to get beat. If this assumption is accurate then there is no meltdown given the level of expectation.

The critique is asking questions about the approach to the game. He got his tactics wrong, not right because we lost. If his tactics were to sit deep in a low block (they clearly were) then they failed on min 37 (and could have failed on at least 3 or 4 other occasions from the 2min onwards). If we are playing in a low-block why play Eriksen and not the player that's clearly better without the ball?

This is the critique, this isn't a meltdown.

Likes and agrees simply mean that people agree or like what you are saying.
You asked how I can be taken seriously. I showed you that people do take me seriously.
Let that sink in.

Ironically you’ve just dropped a bollock.
No we wasn’t peak in the CL final....because we fielded an injured player.

You claim Moura shouldn’t start games but you think Dele is one of the best players in Europe.
Digest that my friend.
How have I dropped a bollock? We were not "peak" at the CL final, we had been on a woeful run all season (apart from CL campaign) you above all people can attest to this.

That’s the thing, we were actually opening them up for a good 20 minutes.
Sons miss was a disgrace, and Lo Celso couldn’t have been closer.

We deserved a draw, no doubt about it.
Their only goal came for a throw in that should have been ours too.

Some have the knives out, and to judge after 10 games when they said 5.5 years was too soon to judge is just farcical beyond belief.
It’s a joke sammy, I sware some people on here want him to fail so they can be proved right , give the guy some fucking time, we saw glimmers yesterday of what he can bring to us , on another day we win that game 2-1 , with all our injuries against the best team the world has ever seen :mourshock:

That’s the thing, we were actually opening them up for a good 20 minutes.
Sons miss was a disgrace, and Lo Celso couldn’t have been closer.

We deserved a draw, no doubt about it.
Their only goal came for a throw in that should have been ours too.

Some have the knives out, and to judge after 10 games when they said 5.5 years was too soon to judge is just farcical beyond belief.

13 games

I really enjoyed watching us in the 2nd half!!! I've written this like 4 or 5 times now. I even enjoyed it before the double sub was made i.e before we started to dominate that last 20mins, because I'm not expecting us to dominate them in any way.

Who's having a meltdown? I didn't expect us to win before we kicked off yesterday, I think it's a fair assumption to make that the majority of Spurs fans were expecting us to get beat. If this assumption is accurate then there is no meltdown given the level of expectation.

The critique is asking questions about the approach to the game. He got his tactics wrong, not right because we lost. If his tactics were to sit deep in a low block (they clearly were) then they failed on min 37 (and could have failed on at least 3 or 4 other occasions from the 2min onwards). If we are playing in a low-block why play Eriksen and not the player that's clearly better without the ball?

This is the critique, this isn't a meltdown.

So what do you want mate?

You seem to have it all figured out, so what should we do?
Sack Mourinho now and bring back Poch?

We've played poorly for over a year now - how is that going to be suddenly rectified and solved in 10 games?

I think it’s widely accepted that he is not a project manager, he’s an instant-success, born-winner manager who told us the squad was amazing.

if we’d brought in a project manager (or allowed the best manager we’d had in donkey’s years to remain) to preside over the painful rebuild expectation would be much lower.

a huge amount of frustration from folks is generated by the same perceived mistakes being repeated ad nauseum - Eriksen, Aurier, etc.

Long ball football and territory based rugby- style plays have been ineffective and dreadful to watch (although we were already dreadful to watch, it’s just a different type of dreadful), but that style does not buy you time without results with spurs fans.

incredibly poor return on the investment so far and no sign of a corner being turned.

predominantly Levy’s fault, and 15 games is not a huge sample, BUT long enough to see green shoots though, that are worryingly and painfully absent.

We know mou gets grumpy as fuck and implodes but it looks extremely likely to happen this season now, probably once the transfer window shuts with Tanganga as the only ‘new’ addition to the playing squad, so we all have to endure the impending slow-mo car crash for the rest of the season, likely followed by more upheaval.
Pretty sure we aint the only team who tries “long ball football” pretty sure I saw Liverpool do it a fair few times yesterday

So what do you want mate?

You seem to have it all figured out, so what should we do?
Sack Mourinho now and bring back Poch?

We've played poorly for over a year now - how is that going to be suddenly rectified and solved in 10 games?
This season is a write off for the top 4, let’s go all out for the CL and FA cup

We were when Leicester won the League, and despite everyone not wanting it that year, we let Danny fucking Simpson have a Premier League medal. We were at our peak when one of the worst United sides beat us 2-1 at Wembley in the FA Cup semifinal. We were at our peak when we let Stephan Lichtsteiner dominate us to throw us out of the Champions League against Juve. The CL Final run didn't represent our performances last year, it represented the desire of that team to do something, and yet, we still fucked it up in the Final itself. We were at our peak for 3 straight bastard years, and all we can show is the title of "The best team in history to never have won anything".

I'd feel the same.

It isnt about yesterday. It's about the style of play, the strange selections, strange comments and I'm really worried about how the transfer policy will play out.

I've said all along him and levy are a match made in hell and nothing I've seen so far makes me think that's wrong. New manager bounce has worn off, 1 point from 18 , he already looks tired and is getting grumpy.

What happens in the summer if we sont spend a fortune and we start badly next season, he will be throwing tantrums left right and centre.

I just have to assume neither Mourinho nor Levy were suicidal and knew what they were getting themselves into.

Before Mourinho was appointed, I didn't entertain the idea of bringing him in specifically for some of these fears you mentioned. Now it's happened however and he is our coach, so I obviously back him. We will have to wait and see regarding transfers and how the team comes along after Mourinho brings in some of the players he needs and after he has a full preseason with them. Panicking at this stage doesn't help at all.

Back
Top Bottom