Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Luke Amos is an interesting one. He will be 23 when his loan at QPR finishes and by the look of it he could have a long line of Championship teams trying to sign him.
Does he get a chance to impress Mourinho in pre-season or will we sell?

I assume he'll have 'em all in over the summer to see who he thinks can serve a purpose ... Again, why would one not?

If it's a "no", then you'd guess he's at an age where he'll be sold.

I said "currently" better "at LB".... That means as a whole.

Don't be a twat about it....

Tough times atm. As per my point, the opportunities for them since he took over have been limited. That said, has he not still given Sessengon a fair shake (in 2 diff. positions) and given Tanganga a full 90 in a big game?

I know a lot of people aren't entirely happy about Sessegnon and don't think he shows enough confidence in his duels (his attempts to beat his man). But I still think he's more confident going forward compared to Davies. Davies is like a fish on land when crossing the midfield line (bare in mind, I do like Davies).

I know it's tough times. I guess that's why the Bayern game is haunting me like that. Best opportunity to see what's on hand. It's not like it's news to anyone that we only have Kane as a striker in our squad.

Lol... You don't sound it. ;)

Yes, it'SaulGoodman

If we don't lose anyone, I'm only a little dissapointed about our lack of knowledge about Parrott. Cos like Skipp and Tanganga he also had an okay pre-season

I know a lot of people aren't entirely happy about Sessegnon and don't think he shows enough confidence in his duels (his attempts to beat his man). But I still think he's more confident going forward compared to Davies. Davies is like a fish on land when crossing the midfield line (bare in mind, I do like Davies).

That's a myth.... He's been un-favourably compared to Rose for years on that front, but check the end product stats per game.

I know it's tough times. I guess that's why the Bayern game is haunting me like that. Best opportunity to see what's on hand. It's not like it's news to anyone that we only have Kane as a striker in our squad.

Can't remember the exact line-up, but Sessengon got a start at LW and JM changed it up a little in other areas inc. GLC (pressumably to further size up other senior players for more important fixtures).... It's not worth playing kids in too much of a changed line-up because you won't get a clear view of their aptitude if the rest of the team around them is only semi-functional. We lost that game 3-1... Any weaker and it would hav been another slaughter and no-one gains.

If we don't lose anyone, I'm only a little dissapointed about our lack of knowledge about Parrott. Cos like Skipp and Tanganga he also had an okay pre-season

Like I said in an earlier post, I appreciate your eagerness (i'm eager too), but the idea that the manager should operate according to what the fans would like to "know" is folly. He's see them in training and has no need to pander to us on that level nor deem it a "failure".

thats a pile of shite - particularly about the ‘mid-90s sides would have a go’ - you know, the ‘lads, it’s Tottenham’ sides.

Plonker. (The journalist)

People liked us when we were shit.

.....So many people had us as their 'other team'.

Enter Leicester's fairytale and it's been glee for all to see us struggle ever since.

Still...

What's there to disagree with John?
Everything? We don't have GK from top 3 in the world, Aurier and Rose combined are worse than TAA/Robertson, we don't have fullback who is 2nd best world player after Messi. Poch made all of our players believe they are best in the world, it worked as great motivation to the point, where they stopped runnning and started thinking they deserve to win. Maybe Mou does the good think making them focus on their problems? He still says that Sess can be the best winger, and that he admired him even at times he was at ManU. Our squad needs major haul, we are nowhere near Liverpool and we can't play their game just to get beaten. I haven't seen many Liverpool games this season in which they offered barely anything offensively, and also gave opposition so many chances. We were really poor close to their goal, but still, managed to make two 100% chances. Tactically we beaten them, we lost on individual skills.

That Guardian article is a complete embarrassment.

This golden nugget particularly raises a chuckle

It took Mauricio Pochettino half a decade to purge Tottenham of their jaded mid-table mentality.

Oh really?

Jol, 5th &5th
Redknapp, 4th, 5th, 4th
AvB 5th
Sherwood 6th

Pochettino left club 14th place in the league but he removed its jaded mid table mentality. Laughable.

And the the selective picking from Mourinho's comments is something else. The whole media have talked out about how this is a different Jose - the Jose who apologised to Dier for taking him off, who talked about the quality he has, who is high fiving ball boys. The sky panel yesterday even commented on this with Redknapp who clearly dislikes him stating that he had seen Jose like this before.

I thought we would finally have some honest critique of the Pochettino era but it seems some are on here and in the media are doubling down and trying to rewrite the fact that he wasted one of the clubs best ever teams and had picked up 25 points in his last 24 league games.

Only positive articles allowed m8
Accused of having an agenda despite praising parts of the game I thought we were good in (and other games), so TWICE post articles and pieces from two top journalists who have similar takes to me, to show that it's not just me that is questioning aspects we currently have with Tottenham, just still it's ME that has an agenda though.

This place is devoid of any objectivity.

Back
Top Bottom