Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely GLC. It's clear to everyone, except our manager, that he changes the game (if you don't believe me, go read a match thread).

"Everyone"... Except our last TWO managers.

I'm a fan of what I've seen, but he has to focus on giving the manager what he wants in training otherwise he won't break through and ultimately will prove a waste of money if signed on a perm; regardless of the minutia.

....It's a two way street.

I'm concerned about Foyth, Sessegnon, Winks, Skipp, Clarke, Parrott and Tanganga. Just on top of my head, don't know if I forgot any. I don't think any of these players have reached their full potential, so I wouldn't be to happy offloading them too soon. Loans would be fine

Thing is with most of these; their predicament speaks for itself and the assumption that they'll be sold is rash.

Tanganga: Good batting average (lol)... I don't see why JM won't love a solid and mature beyond his years defender. [Preference? Keep here]
Foyth: Needs to start doing himself some favours when he DOES get an opportunity. Tanganga doing well will only limit his opportunities further. [Loan]
Sessengon: Same to a lesser extent. For him, the sooner the 'is he a winger, is he a LB?' conundrum can be solved the better. He's young, mould-able and presssumably prepared to work. [Keep here]
Parrot: We are as fans eager, but he's still so young. If he's not gonna be trusted yet (or is to be protected; if you prefer) then give him the Kane path to a brighter future. [Loan]
Clarke: Ditto Parrot. Either let him train with the seniors for the rest of the year or get him a new loan. Either way review in the summer. [Loan]
Skipp: There's a fear of KWP-syndrome with him and his twenties are slowly creeping along now. As per GLC; another that for some reason is leaving both managers reluctant to play him. Make an effort to feed him minutes in the remainder of the season or get him the fuck out on loan fast! [Loan}
Winks: Arguably the biggest victim of the last 18 months or so... His natural instincts have slowly been coached out of him in favour trying to make him a DM rather than the forward thinking #8 he debuted as. I still think there's time for him; but it's gonna be tricky here-on in... Esp. if all our CMs are fit and firing. [Keep here}

...Thankfully; a reluctance to send lads on loan was a Poch thing. I think the only one with the immediate potential to be sold would be Winks and rest assured he ain't going anywhere this window!

Yet, despite this sentiment, you've made your mind up already..... My head hurts! lol

I'm guessing GLC.... Thing is; if he struggles to break in after a year and 2 different managers and we have the option not to buy him, isn't that what such loan deals are all about?

Anyone else?

We should only buy players outright regardless of whether they work out or not. It’s not as if we haven’t got any players we are currently struggling to move on.

"Everyone"... Except our last TWO managers.

I'm a fan of what I've seen, but he has to focus on giving the manager what he wants in training otherwise he won't break through and ultimately will prove a waste of money if signed on a perm; regardless of the minutia.

....It's a two way street.

Thing is with most of these; their predicament speaks for itself and the assumption that they'll be sold is rash.

Tanganga: Good batting average (lol)... I don't see why JM won't love a solid and mature beyond his years defender. [Preference? Keep here]
Foyth: Needs to start doing himself some favours when he DOES get an opportunity. Tanganga doing well will only limit his opportunities further. [Loan]
Sessengon: Same to a lesser extent. For him, the sooner the 'is he a winger, is he a LB?' conundrum can be solved the better. He's young, mould-able and presssumably prepared to work. [Keep here]
Parrot: We are as fans eager, but he's still so young. If he's not gonna be trusted yet (or is to be protected; if you prefer) then give him the Kane path to a brighter future. [Loan]
Clarke: Ditto Parrot. Either let him train with the seniors for the rest of the year or get him a new loan. Either way review in the summer. [Loan]
Skipp: There's a fear of KWP-syndrome with him and his twenties are slowly creeping along now. As per GLC; another that for some reason is leaving both managers reluctant to play him. Make an effort to feed him minutes in the remainder of the season or get him the fuck out on loan fast! [Loan}
Winks: Arguably the biggest victim of the last 18 months or so... His natural instincts have slowly been coached out of him in favour trying to make him a DM rather than the forward thinking #8 he debuted as. I still think there's time for him; but it's gonna be tricky here-on in... Esp. if all our CMs are fit and firing. [Keep here}

...Thankfully; a reluctance to send lads on loan was a Poch thing. I think the only one with the immediate potential to be sold would be Winks and rest assured he ain't going anywhere this window!

Not really important for me who stays or gets a loan. I'm just no ready to let them leave permanently.

Foyth is making mistakes, but the only way for him to learn is by playing regularly. Has to be at CB cos he's not quick enough of the line to be our RB, and lets not try to create a new Dier/Rice.
Lets just use Sessegnon as LB from now on. No future in Vertonghen or Rose. As much as I like Davies, he's only good enough to be backup.

Where I feel Mourinho has failed is towards Skipp and Parrott. They may not be good enough to deemed starters, but our midfield haven't exactly showed enough to keep Skipp out of contention. And regards to Parrott I'm baffled about the whole build up to the Bayern game, and why there wasn't a couple of minutes for him against Middlesbrough. Now we don't really know if he's able to fill some of the Kane void.

Not really important for me who stays or gets a loan. I'm just no ready to let them leave permanently.

Foyth is making mistakes, but the only way for him to learn is by playing regularly. Has to be at CB cos he's not quick enough of the line to be our RB, and lets not try to create a new Dier/Rice.
Lets just use Sessegnon as LB from now on. No future in Vertonghen or Rose. As much as I like Davies, he's only good enough to be backup.

Like I already said, makes no sense selling any of them now.... Even if young/academy prospects don't make the first team there's still a prime time to sell them.... Esp. academy players; the remit isn't solely to produce first teamers; that's just the utopia. It's also a vehicle to produce players to generate funds that can supplement our other trfs.

As for JM's outlook; if you're him why bother flogging them for fuck all; when you could send them out on loan (they're no effort to him) and see what happens longer term. It's a win/win.

Davies: Don't kid yourself, he's currently head and shoulders above Sessengon as a LB. Hopefully, he'll be back soon.

Where I feel Mourinho has failed is towards Skipp and Parrott. They may not be good enough to deemed starters, but our midfield haven't exactly showed enough to keep Skipp out of contention. And regards to Parrott I'm baffled about the whole build up to the Bayern game, and why there wasn't a couple of minutes for him against Middlesbrough. Now we don't really know if he's able to fill some of the Kane void.

Here we go again.... Jose has not been here long enough to meaningfully "fail" at anything.

He (and Poch!) sees them in training; you don't. However, there's 1 game since JM took over where we were comfortable enough to do what you're proposing. Check out who played:

Last edited:
Like I already said, makes no sense selling any of them now.... Even if young/academy prospects don't make the first team there's still a prime time to sell them.... Esp. academy players; the remit isn't solely to produce first teamers; that's just the utopia. It's also a vehicle to produce players to generate funds that can supplement our other trfs.

As for JM's outlook; if you're him why bother flogging them for fuck all; when you could send them out on loan (they're no effort to him) and see what happens longer term. It's a win/win.

Davies: Don't kid yourself, he's currently head and shoulders above Sessengon as a LB. Hopefully, he'll be back soon.

Here we go again.... Jose has not been here long enough to meaningfully "fail" at anything.

He sees them in training; you don't. However, there's 1 game since JM took over where we were comfortable enough to do what you're proposing. Check out who played:

No doubt Davies is our best LB defending, but going forward is a different story. Sessegnon can easily become a better LB.

You're right. It was very generous of Mourinho handing out 10 mins for Skipp and 5 for Parrott when we were only up by 5 goals.

For the reference, I'm happy about this part ;)

No doubt Davies is our best LB defending, but going forward is a different story. Sessegnon can easily become a better LB.

I said "currently" better "at LB".... That means as a whole.

You're right. It was very generous of Mourinho handing out 10 mins for Skipp and 5 for Parrott when we were only up by 5 goals.

Don't be a twat about it....

Tough times atm. As per my point, the opportunities to afford them such since he took over have been limited. That said, has he not still given Sessengon a fair shake (in 2 diff. positions) and given Tanganga a full 90 in a big game?

My bad.... Thought he was 20 going on 21 now.

Thoughts on him remain the same. Don't 'starve' the kid... Let him play SOMEWHERE.
Luke Amos is an interesting one. He will be 23 when his loan at QPR finishes and by the look of it he could have a long line of Championship teams trying to sign him.
Does he get a chance to impress Mourinho in pre-season or will we sell?

Back
Top Bottom