January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume you are referring to Kane, but Udogie and Sarr stayed put on loan. Skipp had a great loan spell @ Norwich and all of Ndombele's loans should be counted as successful because it means he wasn't here.

We have more - KWP was also on no-mans-land before he was sent to loan. Proved he can play EPL football and was sold for "okay" money afterwards.

Devine proved himself in League One and now is off to good start in Championship. Philips is also starting for Plymouth so far.

So there have been some success-stories on the loan-front.

Udogie goal is his 3rd...

Seems to be a dispute about if it was given to him or not. It should be
It's not an assist because Udogie's action from the pass resulted in a blocked shot. He scored on the rebound, which means the goal was unassisted. That's the correct interpretation, even though Timo put Udogie in a position to get the goal. Still, it doesn't matter, as it proves that Timo has had a significant contribution already, which is what really matters and not the numbers themselves.

Funny how some people on here were claiming just this past summer that Newcastle will overtake us because they have deep-pocketed owners. Failing to understand that you could be owned by a Musk-Bezos-Gates consortium, but it's still the money the club generates that determines how much it can spend.

What was funny about that then? It was inevitable outcome at this point.

Just look what has happened to Chelsea and City recently.

In the summer it was clearly on that course. Change happened since the start of the season when Everton got this very harsh 10 points deduction. Until then FFP was 100% joke. A fan fiction not a reality.
January window is impacted by it, but the full effect remains to be seen. City has billion charges against them, but I have serious doubts anything will happen to them. Which might reverse the new paradigm again.

I hope not, but realist in me... well you know.

Not gonna happen but Mathys Tel is a player I'd really like Spurs to sign.

Tottenham have now tried to sign £24m striker who Harry Kane called an 'outstanding talent'

Now, Sport Bild claim that Tottenham have tried their luck again. The outlet reveals that "Spurs are flirting heavily with the Frenchman", and the North Londoners, along with Werder Bremen, asked Bayern about signing Tel on loan.

The German champions, however, rejected advances from both clubs and made it clear that he will not be leaving in the winter window.

Oh Tel would have been or would be absolutely brilliant, though it is very questionable if he is worth the hassle.

If Bayern has any sense left in them (after hiring ex-Chavs-low-life as their coach), it would either be a loan OR permanent transfer with very favourable terms for them to buy him back in two or three years time. He looks like a true future superstar.

More likely that if he continues his progress, he'll be a replacement of Kane. Who can then return back home to us.

What was funny about that then? It was inevitable outcome at this point.

Just look what has happened to Chelsea and City recently.

In the summer it was clearly on that course. Change happened since the start of the season when Everton got this very harsh 10 points deduction. Until then FFP was 100% joke. A fan fiction not a reality.
January window is impacted by it, but the full effect remains to be seen. City has billion charges against them, but I have serious doubts anything will happen to them. Which might reverse the new paradigm again.

I hope not, but realist in me... well you know.
What was funny was the fact that Newcastle have less than half of our turnover, yet people thought they would overtake us in a season or two. Also given that UEFA had already published the new guidelines, where teams can't spend more than 70% of their turnover on wages + transfers by 2025/26, and Newcastle is at 95% of turnover on wages alone. The PL's FFP rules actually having some bite is just an added bonus, but it would have been hard for Newcastle regardless.

He is a Gooner cunt
disgusted tongue GIF by Heute-Show

Back
Top Bottom