January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure I believe we are even in the mix for this kid. Seems more like Barca using our name to hype up the signing

If we are even in the mix it's because Barca are too skint to pull it off and we are right there waiting for a last minute sneak attack.
Back door action, you say?

:levyeyes:

I think the team culture takes care of the hard work part these days.

When Son and Madders are your best technically but also work the hardest along with Richy as your #9, nobody in the playing staff is tolerating any player not working their bollox off.

I like Kang In as well btw. He could explode imo as well.

Werner has the ability to throw some complications into the decision because he’s at 3 AST in 2 prem games. If he adds 4/5 goals and assists 2-3 more, you are almost obliged to take the permanent at 15m

With Son back, where is the space in the squad for an elite forward?

Probably you have to move Solomon on in the summer if you pick up Werner and make a call if you see Son starting more at LW or 9.
You probably move both Gil and Solomon on in the summer. Then that leaves you with:
Johnson
Son
Richarlison
Kulu
Velez
That then gives you the ability to sign 1/2 Forwards in the summer, depending whether we keep or loan Velez.

In Midfield we will move on Hojberg and Los Celso this summer which will allow us to sign 2 midfielders.

In the defence unless we sell Emerson Royale I cannot see how we can strengthen our backline.

We also have to probably move on Sess, Regulon and Ndombele getting very little money for them in the process.

As it stands right now , I 'd give this window 2 or 3 out of 10. Timo we won't be signing. We signed a CB that we were supposed to sign in the summer. Even with that we moved so painfully slow probably because we we wanted to pay the 30m over 50 years, that we let Bayern into the mix and take the deal away from us.
Man, you're obviously entitled to your opinion, but giving this window a 2 or 3?! Come on now!

Yes, shoulda signed a CB in the summer and no excuse for that, especially as that's cost us big points. But they made up for it with Dragusin, who snubbed mighty Bayern for us. And they got Dier.

Werner flopped at Chelsea. Chelsea. I'll say it again...Chelsea. The home of dysfunction. Where 100s of big time forwards (Torres, Shevchenko, Crespo, Lukaku, Kezman...) ruined their career. Still, he put up decent numbers. As he did at RB, in one of Europe's biggest leagues. And for a major national team in die Mannschaft. You ain't a shit player if you achieve what he has to date. Nope, you're actually pretty fucking good at football. If he keeps performing like he did last night, we could well sign him permanently. He looks perfect for Angeball.

Sure, we could've done more. But when you factor it all in, it's definitely not a 2 or 3 outta 10 window. I get that you're frustrated and pissed off because of what's happened in the past, and that it's hard to now trust things gonna be different...but you still gotta be real about things, my man.

This window is more like a solid 6 or even 7.

As it stands right now , I 'd give this window 2 or 3 out of 10. Timo we won't be signing. We signed a CB that we were supposed to sign in the summer. Even with that we moved so painfully slow probably because we we wanted to pay the 30m over 50 years, that we let Bayern into the mix and take the deal away from us.
That's a very generous score, I don't think Timo has much time to impress, once Sonny comes back he's out.

Sooo... let me get this straight -

1) You give "2 or 3 out of 10" for window (so among 30% worst windows in context of our own track record OR against our competitors) where we have signed a forward-player that has 2 official assists in 2 EPL games (one might argue yesterday he would have deserved 2 assists) and a center-back with really impressive pedigree?

2) That is two first-team squad members. Radu also has two sub-appearances already. At the same time NONE of our top 6 rivals apart from West Ham (signed Kalvin Phillips on loan) + Chelsea and Newcastle have brought in ANY first squad members.

3) If you say that Dragusin deal "almost took the deal from us" is a negative thing (despite, you know, him actually signing) - then you surely would have to put on the plus side facts that "we almost signed" players like Nusa, Gallagher, Bergvall and maybe some others right. Because of "almost". Or should we actually base evaluation what "actually" happened?

4) And the part you say about Werner and Sonny - so... do I understand correctly - on CB front, whatever we did - it was 0 for you cause "we should have got in summer" and on attacking department it is shit unless we signed someone that would be better than Son, eg who Son would not play to the bench? :D That would be criteria beyond absolute absurd.

Saying that our transfer-window performance is among worst 30% is definition of ignorance or unrealistic expectations.
Again - if everything else was too long read then I repeat most important point - we have signed TWO first-team members that have already made debut for us. While reminder of BIG6 + Aston Villa, West Ham and Newcastle (so in total 8 teams) have ONE first teamer brought in COMBINED.

You probably move both Gil and Solomon on in the summer. Then that leaves you with:
Johnson
Son
Richarlison
Kulu
Velez
That then gives you the ability to sign 1/2 Forwards in the summer, depending whether we keep or loan Velez.

In Midfield we will move on Hojberg and Los Celso this summer which will allow us to sign 2 midfielders.

In the defence unless we sell Emerson Royale I cannot see how we can strengthen our backline.

We also have to probably move on Sess, Regulon and Ndombele getting very little money for them in the process.

My guess is that Veliz goes on loan next season, so does Scarlett.

Then you have the Werner question. He carries on like this, you probably have to pick him up for 15m

They might not by the end of the summer.

Their financial issues haven't improved.

they can't register their new Brazillian Roque thingy until they raise some cash.
They tried flipping their shitters and nobody was interested.

They would need to take a massive loss on Torres, Raphinha, or Kounde... Chances are they need to sell a crown jewel in the summer.
I want that club gone. Bankrupt. Boom, throw them all the way down to the regional leagues. And strip them of the titles they won by making amigos with refs and other such cunty moves.

Fucking mafia, rotten cheating bastards.

I think the team culture takes care of the hard work part these days.

When Son and Madders are your best technically but also work the hardest along with Richy as your #9, nobody in the playing staff is tolerating any player not working their bollox off.

I like Kang In as well btw. He could explode imo as well.

Werner has the ability to throw some complications into the decision because he’s at 3 AST in 2 prem games. If he adds 4/5 goals and assists 2-3 more, you are almost obliged to take the permanent at 15m

With Son back, where is the space in the squad for an elite forward?

Probably you have to move Solomon on in the summer if you pick up Werner and make a call if you see Son starting more at LW or 9.

Mad Laser Beams GIF by Regal

Back
Top Bottom