January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he a development player that we end up sending out on loan, or one that would actually make the bench and get meaningful minutes?
He'll be developmental, I think. He may seem some bench time if he impresses and gets the tactics through his beautiful blonde skull.

Will be a big step up and i doubt we'd be guaranteeing any minutes at this stage.

A talent, but will need to develop to get into a premier league match day squad.

I could well be wrong though

You probably move both Gil and Solomon on in the summer. Then that leaves you with:
Johnson
Son
Richarlison
Kulu
Velez
That then gives you the ability to sign 1/2 Forwards in the summer, depending whether we keep or loan Velez.

In Midfield we will move on Hojberg and Los Celso this summer which will allow us to sign 2 midfielders.

In the defence unless we sell Emerson Royale I cannot see how we can strengthen our backline.

We also have to probably move on Sess, Regulon and Ndombele getting very little money for them in the process.

Yep, all that is pretty reasonable.

Though in midfield it depends on some other factors. We surely should move PEH and Lo Celso, so we'd have left - Sarr, Bentancur, Bissouma, Skippy, Maddisson and Kulusevski. We for sure have to add 1 player there, someone similar to Gallagher (most likely not him though). But that would give us some decent depth. Maybe if Devine does very well in his loan we could use him as 2nd incoming player already?

In defense we could theoretically take a punt on an attacking fullback. Royal and Benny are very good options from the bench, but their attacking contribution could be better. But that is already luxury kind of addition.

Regarding moving on players, I'd add Tanganga, Rodon and Spence there as well.

So, let's keep expectation realistic, shall we.
Out - Solomon, Gil, PEH, Lo Celso, Sess, Regulion, Ndombelly, Tanganga, Rodon, Spence.
In - Kimmich, Leao, Oshmien :D :D ?

Really funny there is bugger all to report. Watching Sky and the likes of Romano breathlessly reporting some minor loan deal in the lower leagues is priceless. It does feel like the punishments so far this season have been a real game changer. Imagine having to improve with clever signings, good coaching and a good youth system. Long may it continue.

Really funny there is bugger all to report. Watching Sky and the likes of Romano breathlessly reporting some minor loan deal in the lower leagues is priceless. It does feel like the punishments so far this season have been a real game changer. Imagine having to improve with clever signings, good coaching and a good youth system. Long may it continue.

Amen!

Biggest proof of that is Newcastle.
Owned by oil-barons, team has 0 depth, many long term injuries + Tonali ban - and NOTHING. Absolutely no reinforcements.

Feels like change of motus operandi for sure.

Now we have double advantage -
1) In terms of buying younger promising players, we have good experience and brilliant track record of late (U-dog, Sarr) ; PLUS our youth teams are flying very high - we are on 100% win ratio in U21 EPL and we also top U18 EPL.
2) When others play their cards with hands tied to their back, WE actually do have FFP wiggle-room to also tap into more expensive and established players market.

It's being reported in ABC Sevilla, probably the best source for stories regarding Andalusian teams (the paper has journalists "embedded" in Sevilla and Betis for example).

They say they have confirmed it with Sevilla and reckon it's a Plan B in case they don't sign Róbert Boženík from Boavista.

Here's the link - it's in Spanish but you can run it through Google Translate. The only real new detail is what I've put above though.

Alejo Veliz, el plan B de Bozenik

why do i get the feeling big ange swayed him to us with is mate speech
Im thinking Kulusevski has gotten into his head with some "Bror..."-talk.

He really talks in a ghetto-swedish kind of way, sounds horrible, but it would definitely intimidate someone from a seemingly posh background like Bergvall. ( I dont actually know where Bergvall grew up, but he looks like a posh swedish youngling)

👀🤣

"Bergvall, who traveled to Barcelona after meeting with Tottenham, has since returned home and ‘will have a few days’ to think about what he does next, which is what Expressen were reporting on Wednesday.

Despite claims that Spurs arrived at the last minute to try and sign the midfielder, the Swedish website state that everyone involved ‘effectively managed for several weeks to obscure’ the Premier League club’s attempts of signing Bergvall.

Either way, the youngster will remain at his club until the summer, since he cannot sign a five-year contract with anyone until he turns 18, which so happens to be the day after deadline day, February 2n"d.

We can all switch off skysports for the day and close this thread. Veliz on loan, maybe Gil goes last minute but we are done here.

"Bergvall, who traveled to Barcelona after meeting with Tottenham, has since returned home and ‘will have a few days’ to think about what he does next, which is what Expressen were reporting on Wednesday.

Despite claims that Spurs arrived at the last minute to try and sign the midfielder, the Swedish website state that everyone involved ‘effectively managed for several weeks to obscure’ the Premier League club’s attempts of signing Bergvall.

Either way, the youngster will remain at his club until the summer, since he cannot sign a five-year contract with anyone until he turns 18, which so happens to be the day after deadline day, February 2n"d.

We can all switch off skysports for the day and close this thread. Veliz on loan, maybe Gil goes last minute but we are done here.
Sweden are 2 hours ahead of the UK👍👍 so he’s 18 at 22:01 UK time…the Don and Levy will tie the PL up in knots till the ink dries👍👍

Back
Top Bottom