January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't agree.

Son has been a great servant to the club and will no doubt remain so.

Kane has spent almost all his career with us, has remained a key figure in us achieving CL qualification for something like a decade and became the Clubs top goalscorer and has always defended the club and loves the fans.

He may in some capacity also return to the club.

He will never have the affiliation at the Munich club that he does with us, and certainly not with their fans.

Just my ten cents worth.
Oh I absolutely and utterly agree with all of your points...but Sonny is just so fucking joyful and I love his glee when he scores and the way he now captains. Each to their own bit I do agree with ya.

Long as we stay this way. I have never had an issue with us being a Dortmund of the U.K. if we get 2-3 elite youngsters per year and accept it takes time but if we go down this route I’d like us to follow it through.
Which would essentially confirm us as a feeder club. But a feeder club charging elite ticket prices that sells players at their peak to our rivals who then sweep up all the honours..
Fuck the Dortmund model. Spurs should always strive to be at the top of the food chain. Not the feeders developing talent for others to reap the rewards

Which would essentially confirm us as a feeder club. But a feeder club charging elite ticket prices that sells players at their peak to our rivals who then sweep up all the honours..
Fuck the Dortmund model. Spurs should always strive to be at the top of the food chain. Not the feeders developing talent for others to reap the rewards
No don't sell to rivals!

Paet of me thinks were spending now as top brass think we can win the title THIS season. Would be magical if we did.
Think it’s more (realistically with City and 1 loss Liverpool), they’ve been utterly seduced by Ange and the 8–2–0 start, plus the atmosphere Ange and those results created (and ultra, to the extreme, positive press it resulted in). Probably hugely regretting not getting the extra CB he openly stated in the press he expected back in August (as Wolves springs to mind as a game we likely win with a Paratici/Ange pick playing rather than Dier, whose muscle memory of low block, and lack of present athleticism, pushed us deep and saw him consequently exhaled thereafter until we had only 18year olds to possibly come on or him).

Seems we budgeted last summer based on not getting CL and now believe we will (and the following years if we continue to get a 8 or 9-10 hit rate on signings).

Suspect Levy n Co are utterly on the Ange train, and so they should be.

Last edited:
It would be nice if we could sign one top class player in this window to improve the team. So far we have Werner and Dragusin and they won't even play when we are full strength. I guess it's short term back ups for now and look to improve the team next window. Ange seems to really like Gallagher (I prefer Eze) so hopefully we can snag him.

Long as we stay this way. I have never had an issue with us being a Dortmund of the U.K. if we get 2-3 elite youngsters per year and accept it takes time but if we go down this route I’d like us to follow it through.
That is exactly what we should aim to be in the near future. Since there's no Bayern-type team in our league (City won't be there forever and are not similarly dominant), that's sure to translate into a league title and cups every now and then. In the long term, we should aim to be the new City minus the cheating.

And we won't get 2-3 elite youngsters per year. That's utopia. But even one every couple of years would still be fantastic.

Last edited:
Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

World Class midfielder?
Not particularly, but it’s been glaringly obvious how shite we are without Maddison in the team. Eze stops that rot, and with the European football next season as well as Madders being made of glass, he's a huge boost.

The world class midfielder needs to be a 6.

Not particularly, but it’s been glaringly obvious how shite we are without Maddison in the team. Eze stops that rot, and with the European football next season as well as Madders being made of glass, he's a huge boost.

The world class midfielder needs to be a 6.
Maddison, Eze and Bentancur. Sounds good to me.

Back
Top Bottom