January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

More than fine with that tbh......

Nusa & Vermereen for roughly the price of Gallagher would be pucka business.

Long as we stay this way. I have never had an issue with us being a Dortmund of the U.K. if we get 2-3 elite youngsters per year and accept it takes time but if we go down this route I’d like us to follow it through.

Long as we stay this way. I have never had an issue with us being a Dortmund of the U.K. if we get 2-3 elite youngsters per year and accept it takes time but if we go down this route I’d like us to follow it through.
They have to be elite though.

The Rodon/Clarke/Sess/Gil stuff needs to stop. They need to be expected to contribute within a short(ish) space of time.

In other words, like Udogie.

Kane and Son have definitely showed up in big games or won us games. But they don't have that sort of Bale fear opponents had.

Where he could just say, fuck it.

Kane against City at the Etihad two years ago was one of them, but no where near done that enough for us.

Just different . Kane wasnt the type to dribble 3 people from cm out of nothing.

Son can but but in transition.

Bale could face a set defense from CM and create from literally nothing.

The Rodon/Clarke/Sess/Gil stuff needs to stop. They need to be expected to contribute within a short(ish) space of time.

There will be duds regardless.... That's inevitable and has to be accepted.

(Ironically; the least explicable of that list is Gil and he's a Paratici signing...... And Fab has otherwise been impeccable.)

.........Even digging back further; signing N'jie, N'Koudou, Stambouli, Holtby was in itself never a problem. The problem only arises if you find yourself reliant upon them.

Well of course, hence we need good scouting and also a lot of the time we might have to beat top clubs to them.

Back
Top Bottom