January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah well, they are both really wide forwards, or wingers of sorts for older generation like me.
But I think they will probably look for a forward at some point, if not mistaken, wasn't there some gossip about Gimanez.
Another striker definitely but I hope the young lad can increase his goal tally if he eventually replaces Sonny.

Brennan is much more similar in playing style to Son.

Nusa is the type of player we don't have and tbh haven't had for a while. Who was the last player we had that could really rinse people 1v1?

Bale could but different style more like Son in that he wanted to skin people more than dribble them.

Before that you have to go back to Ginola?

Nusa would be the first player since Bale I'd say who you'd feel could be one of those who's pure talent could win you games out of nowhere.

Ginola a good shout.

Nusa would be the first player since Bale I'd say who you'd feel could be one of those who's pure talent could win you games out of nowhere.

Ginola a good shout.
Even at his young age?

Sounds like an incredibly exciting (potential) signing, but would we see him much next season?

Ginola a good shout.

Kane and Son might take that the wrong way but I get what you are saying.

If Nusa matures physically and adapts to become consistently able to do the things he already can at Prem level, he can be that type of player that completely takes games by the scruff from a stand still.

His dedication to us has never wavered, and he's a badass.

- Scored a goal vs Villa with a broken arm
- Played half a season with constant pain from a hernia and a mask
- Signed a contract extension during Nuno's reign

:nunothumb:
Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by IFC

Played 90min in 1 of those games? maybe 2 or 3.

He scored 5/5 in the Europa Conference League. Regardless of level, he was playing with similar level players or worse because they got humped in those games but he still scored.

Either way we are talking small sample sizes with the extra volatility caused by form and confidence. People saying we were right not to sign him and take Veliz instead because of short term form dips, could end up being wrong just as much as they could be right.

Fair few are crowing like they are 100% right already.
Probably the same that were crowing that Kane wouldn't be better that Championship level, after his Leicester loan and first few appearances for us.

Even at his young age?

Sounds like an incredibly exciting (potential) signing, but would we see him much next season?

Maybe not right away. But if he reaches the potential he has. The guy will already be that sort of player to get fans off their seats whenever he gets the ball, something we've missed since Bale.

But I think as we grow as a team he'll end up being that key man.

Kane and Son might take that the wrong way but I get what you are saying.

If Nusa matures physically and adapts to become consistently able to do the things he already can at Prem level, he can be that type of player that completely takes games by the scruff from a stand still.

Kane and Son have definitely showed up in big games or won us games. But they don't have that sort of Bale fear opponents had.

Where he could just say, fuck it.

Kane against City at the Etihad two years ago was one of them, but no where near done that enough for us.

Back
Top Bottom