January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But we aren't at the top of the food chain, and unlikely to be so anytime soon.
We aren't the biggest club in England and won't be for as long as you want to argue the point.

Best we'll achieve is being bigger and having more spending power than Woolwich and Chelsea.
Trying to outdo Liverpool and Manchester United in the food chain isn't something we'll likely see.
At the moment we are not but the way we are running our club now there is a strong possibility we will be in the not too distant future. Clubs at this moment can’t spend crazy amounts and we are doing our business for now and the future with a real plan.
The stadium is now reaping its rewards and for as much as Levy gets destroyed on here he’s got our house in order. We,at this moment will be the envy of every club and now is the time to exploit that.
On the field we are at the very beginning of our journey but probably well in front of where we thought we’d be. We have a manager who has transformed the club in such a short space of time and he has a coaching staff who take so much responsibility of what happens on the training pitch and on match day. Ange has created that and when Ange wins us everything and retires in 10 years we will have a seemless transition😜
I don’t think we will be chasing big name managers for the sake of it anymore because the long term plan is well in place.
We are in a brilliant place on and off the pitch and as I said before we are only at the start of this journey.

But we aren't at the top of the food chain, and unlikely to be so anytime soon.
We aren't the biggest club in England and won't be for as long as you want to argue the point.

Best we'll achieve is being bigger and having more spending power than Woolwich and Chelsea.
Trying to outdo Liverpool and Manchester United in the food chain isn't something we'll likely see.
I think if we can keep increasing the ticket prices we will get there at some point

:levylol:

We really could do with one or two being replaced from this list

Austin, Davies, Forster, Johnson, Madison, Sessegnon, Skipp, Whiteman
Episode 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

At the moment we are not but the way we are running our club now there is a strong possibility we will be in the not too distant future. Clubs at this moment can’t spend crazy amounts and we are doing our business for now and the future with a real plan.
The stadium is now reaping its rewards and for as much as Levy gets destroyed on here he’s got our house in order. We,at this moment will be the envy of every club and now is the time to exploit that.
On the field we are at the very beginning of our journey but probably well in front of where we thought we’d be. We have a manager who has transformed the club in such a short space of time and he has a coaching staff who take so much responsibility of what happens on the training pitch and on match day. Ange has created that and when Ange wins us everything and retires in 10 years we will have a seemless transition😜
I don’t think we will be chasing big name managers for the sake of it anymore because the long term plan is well in place.
We are in a brilliant place on and off the pitch and as I said before we are only at the start of this journey.
I agree with a lot of this.
John started with the wrong premise.

No matter how much they try, the Miami Marlins will never be bigger than the New York Yankees.
And we're never going to be the top of the food chain.

We can still achieve success by doing what we do with what we have well. We need to maximise the 'hits' and minimise the duds like Ndombele etc.

And yes the stadium is a game changer for us as a club, and should see us continue to push on as a club and stay closer to the top of the food chain than falling back to the Everton, Villa, Newcastle or further back like Palace and then minnows like Luton and West Ham.

I agree with a lot of this.
John started with the wrong premise.

No matter how much they try, the Miami Marlins will never be bigger than the New York Yankees.
And we're never going to be the top of the food chain.

We can still achieve success by doing what we do with what we have well. We need to maximise the 'hits' and minimise the duds like Ndombele etc.

And yes the stadium is a game changer for us as a club, and should see us continue to push on as a club and stay closer to the top of the food chain than falling back to the Everton, Villa, Newcastle or further back like Palace and then minnows like Luton and West Ham.

I think the Golden State Warriors and the Lakers or Bulls is the better analogy for this.

In terms of market size and global brand, the Warriors will possibly never overtake either but as a winning franchise, they have overtaken both.

The way the club has positioned itself in relation to FFP and sustainability, we have a chance to win consistently now. Will we push the boat out and really go after it? Looks like we are about to try.

Not particularly, but it’s been glaringly obvious how shite we are without Maddison in the team. Eze stops that rot, and with the European football next season as well as Madders being made of glass, he's a huge boost.

The world class midfielder needs to be a 6.

Have we? Thought we have still been creative enough without Maddison, obviously we are better with him but the Romero and VDV injuries cost us more imo

I think the Golden State Warriors and the Lakers or Bulls is the better analogy for this.

In terms of market size and global brand, the Warriors will possibly never overtake either but as a winning franchise, they have overtaken both.

The way the club has positioned itself in relation to FFP and sustainability, we have a chance to win consistently now. Will we push the boat out and really go after it? Looks like we are about to try.
If you mean by that spending 70m on Eze, 80M on Toney and other highly overpriced players definitely not and shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom