January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's ridiculous how some of our fans have built this hatred of Chelsea.

Oh you do, do you?

Sorry, but we can't all be admirers of Abramovic's business acumen (that centered around money laundering extremely ill-gotten gains), like you.

........Nor can most of us overlook the racism and anti-semetism bestowed upon our club and fans (and others along the way) by that filthy scum-hole of a club.

.....Some of us also remember the times when they fucked us over; like the Willian trf (which it turns out was part of some dodgy scam that they're now likely to face charges over*).

(*There's that enviable Russian "business acumen" again.)

Oh you do, do you?

Sorry, but we can't all be admirers of Abramovic's business acumen (that centered around money laundering extremely ill-gotten gains), like you.

........Nor can most of us overlook the racism and anti-semetism bestowed upon our club and fans (and others along the way) by that filthy scum-hole of a club.

.....Some of us also remember the times when they fucked us over; like the Willian trf (which is turns out was part of some dodgy scam that they're now likely to face charges over*).

(*There's that enviable Russian "business acumen" again.)
Don't forget Arnesen.

Apparently we are after this Lad smashing it at Leicester , they Call him Harry Winks! :levyeyes:

Don't even go there with that joke

Angry Right Now GIF by Film Riot

He had issues in the past, sure. But that's when he was young and at PSG, the same club that has allegedly been orchestrating smear campaigns against its own players (past & present), managers & staff for years.

Yeah, he also had troubles with the 🇫🇷 NT when he said he didn't wanna be on the bench for them at WC2018. But since then he & the coach have kissed & made up, and Deschamps has praised Rabiot many times for his top attitude.

Juventus haven't had problems with him either...not that I know of. fogueres fogueres can correct me if I'm mistaken.

People grow up, people change. As for his mother, she looks after her son, she wants the very best for him...wouldn't your Ma do the same for you?

Right now he's a brilliant player and one that's cleaned up his act big time. He commands high wages...NSS...big time players do.
As a Juventus fan I got to know Rabiot 1 (first three years) and Rabiot 2 (the next one to date). The first was a disappointing player with a mother who was very (too) present: he couldn't even sell himself. The next made himself available to the team, becoming an important pivot. It must be said that Allegri always believed in him and he certainly stayed for this reason. Now it's rendering but the whole team is working well. Allegri, who I have often criticized, has taken over the helm and is launching many young players (Yildiz is a great future player). We'll see if Rabiot will renew but it seems so

Yeh I know it’s football insider but there is way too much smoke with this. Either Gallagher is coming or it’s a smoke screen and another CM is on the way. Either way you’d have to expect another CM shortly.

View: https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1745755556999016937?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

For that type of money im really not sold on him, HOWEVER the bigger question is, when everyone is fit whose spot would he take, my assumption would be SARR (a fit BISS and Bentancur always start) and i would hate to see SARR replaced by this diehard chav loving wanker...

SARR for me for only 21 already has a far more higher higher ceiling than Connor, has a class and composure about him at such a young age too without that much experience yet either, a proper maestro / leader in the midfield as he matures. CG he 24 in less than a month granted still technically young but i cant see him getting any better than his current best level, especially on the technical side. Sarr is already is technically better.

To sacrifice SARR for connor would be sacrilegious imo .... yes we need depth in squad for sure but connor wont sit on the bench for us principally as he did not want to sit on the bench for his beloved chavtastic burberry scummers

Last edited:
The way FFP is going it will 100% benefit us with as a club with a big fanbase, big stadium and tight budgets.
If ever there's an NFL franchise that Levy gets, we'll be absolutely laughing. I think you're looking at £10m match day income as opposed to £5m for PL. That would come down to more like £5m if there were regular games but it would basically double the annual match day revenues. Insane.

It's wrong to say he's bet the farm on it because we seem to be doing quite nicely without it, but if it happened we'd be going into the stratosphere.

btw re United, and their big stadium.

It may be big but I think it's actually not a great revenue earner, cert not compared to the big London clubs

And it's in a shocking state - needs a complete re-build.

agree of course re the global revenue. At one stage they claimed 600m fans in China.

But those "fans" are fickle. Many will just go to the best team at the time. Not the same loyalty that Brit fans have

Yeh I know it’s football insider but there is way too much smoke with this. Either Gallagher is coming or it’s a smoke screen and another CM is on the way. Either way you’d have to expect another CM shortly.

View: https://x.com/footyinsider247/status/1745755556999016937?s=46&t=Gc6HrWVZT0mtSXU7r8ZBIQ

It's a cunning plan!

Keep them in dialogue for the next 3 weeks, without actually doing anything, then pull out at the last second so they can't sell him to anyone for more than tuppence!

I'd laugh my tits off if that happened!

Back
Top Bottom