January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man Utd can’t sign a striker because of FFP

He’s not going to West Ham in a million years

Utd are looking to get rid of Casemiro and Varane to get them off their wage books come Summer and move a load of players out like Martial, come Summer they'll have dough to spend.

Why isn't he going to West Ham?

Gallagher is a good player, he's going to end up somewhere.

So Spurs want to pay £35m for a Chelski player, hailing from their academy, who's a self-confessed Cheslki fan (the whole family is apparently,) who does not want to leave Chelski and who's been one of, if not the, best player for them this season and whose club want £45m+£15m add-ons....
To me that equation does not add up....but who knows what L & L, Angelos & Paratici can figure out...

Utd are looking to get rid of Casemiro and Varane to get them off their wage books come Summer and move a load of players out like Martial, come Summer they'll have dough to spend.

The Ajax board members are putting their money face on and rubbing their hands :cool:

Do you think that Werner joined Spurs thinking he will be a squad player?
Do you think Drag expects to spend the rest of this season on the bench?
Eh? Are you deliberately being obtuse?

Both questions you've asked are addressed in the post you've quoted. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

OK. Here is a simple question.
Who does Gallagher replace in our first team?
Adding depth makes us better.

It's why our rivals are ahead of us and why we capitulated this season. Because we lacked it. They sign quality when they have quality.

Gallagher is better than Skipp. Gallagher has been more consistent than Bissouma. Straight away that would force both of the up their game or become the next ones out the door.

I don't want Gallagher, but if this is what we are doing then it's acting like a "big" club for the first time in years. Possibly ever under Enic.

Gooood morning everybody!!!

So, what are you ladies fighting about today then??

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

He’s def decided PEH and Skipp don’t do what he needs.

I think he was hot on Gallagher in the summer before he saw what he has in Sarr.

I really don’t see what Gallagher does that cooks anymore than a bunch of players that we could get for less without helping chavski get back to spending aggressively
That's exactly why we shouldn't do that deal!

Sure they might be able to chase him in the summer but we’ll have sorted our #8 spot by then most likely

Has anyone asked the simple question of "Who does Gallagher replace in our best XI?"
It's not a question that needs asking. No team in the modern game has the luxury of playing their best XI at virtually any time during a season.
Every game is a squad game utilising 16 players and if you're serious about winning you build a squad where changes can be made seamlessly in between and during every match.
It's a question for losers tbh

Last edited:
Doubt it, he's one of those infectious players - guy just works his nuts off - very likeable guy too.

Wouldn't even take any notice of what's happening at Chelsea, most of those players look shit.

Well, I cant see it happening unless Hojbjerg goes.

I thought we were meant to be using data more now, I wonder how they view Gallagher versus what the manager wants etc.

They are a direct rival. You don’t help them unless they have something you can’t get anywhere else .

Finally Levy’s model has us in position to be a market maker. You give them 50m you let them back in

Thing is, if we don't sign him, there's a good chance a team that is our rival does and he becomes a reason why that team progresses.

Swings and roundabouts. We need to think about helping ourselves first, and how we help others last.
Chelsea could well take the transfer fee and spend on an absolute donkey for all you know.

They are a direct rival. You don’t help them unless they have something you can’t get anywhere else .

Finally Levy’s model has us in position to be a market maker. You give them 50m you let them back in

This is all well and good but our manager doesn't give a toss about that, there is a reason why we were interested in the Summer and there's a reason why we are still interested.

By the way the only reason Chelsea need to sell is because Gallagher's contract is running down, worst case scenario for them is that they sell Colwill or Broja who are on longer deals - Gallagher isn't a make or break scenario whether they sell or not, he's just a deal that makes sense because of his contract sit.

Last edited:
So Spurs want to pay £35m for a Chelski player, hailing from their academy, who's a self-confessed Cheslki fan (the whole family is apparently,) who does not want to leave Chelski and who's been one of, if not the, best player for them this season and whose club want £45m+£15m add-ons....
To me that equation does not add up....but who knows what L & L, Angelos & Paratici can figure out...
He's a professional footballer, he might claim to be a fan but for most of them it's a job and nothing more, and if Ange can convince him of his vision for this club he would likely sign without issues.
Tbh I rate Gallagher high but I almost want to see us sign him just to see the Chelsea fanbase go nuclear, that would be highly satisfying

Thing is, if we don't sign him, there's a good chance a team that is our rival does and he becomes a reason why that team progresses.

Swings and roundabouts. We need to think about helping ourselves first, and how we help others last.
Chelsea could well take the transfer fee and spend on an absolute donkey for all you know.

That’s FOMO which is the last reason to spend millions.

I don’t care how others teams see him. There’s nobody else linked to him atm either, despite chavski blatantly trying to create the biggest market possible for an asset they need pure profit from.

Back
Top Bottom