January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People saying we are helping Chelsea's FFP problem are just wilfully missing the point, of they don't sell to us they'll sell to someone else...Gallagher is an asset because he's home grown and an England intl and a good player to boot.

Who else is giving them 50m for a possibly above average workhorse?

Newcastle in FFP, UTD FFP, Liverpool need a 6, woolwich FFP and need a 6, Villa don’t need him…

There is nobody else linked to Gallagher, especially not at the price they are asking. We’d be getting taken for mugs at that price

Even Gallaghers off the ball work is a bit overrated. Runs a lot but always seems a bit late into challenges and on the wrong side of the ball. Timing of the press ain’t great. Work rate looks good on the eye but don’t think it’s that effective. Might be more effective in this team but not convinced.

We don't play with a 'Best 11'. Ange likes to use all 5 subs in a game; so realistically it is our best 16.
I agree, the first 11 mindset is outdated, especially with so many subs being allowed. Subs used to be perceived as being a bunch of somewhat inferior players who came on late in the game when the first 11 were either knackered, injured, having a poor game, or to waste a few minutes. Now i think the players on the bench need to be game changers and match winners, so the team and players we end the game with is every bit as strong as the one that started it, as well as the need to rotate players to manage fitness and reduce injury risk,

Gallagher in the final 3rd with Werner Richarlison and Johnson… not sure if I’d trust that lot to screw in a lightbulb.
So you'd go for these Utrech players instead then :cool:

May be an image of 1 person, playing American football, playing football and text

But it hasn't translate into Improvements to The Football Team.
1920px-TottenhamHotspurFC_League_Performance.svg.png

Certainly looks like an upward trend since 2001.
European competition most seasons rather than a rare occurrence.

The last 3 years were a bump in the road, and we've reached the point where improvement is incrementally smaller as the competition gets stiffer. Getting from 5th to 1st is harder than going from a team finishing 10th regularly to one that finishes 5th.

The main concern with Gallagher, in my humble opinion, is that he is Chelsea through and through. You cut him open, he bleeds blue. He's been there all his life, that's all he knows. I just don't see how he'd come to us and give his all, especially when we face them. There's just so much bad blood between the two clubs, so much history. As a Chelsea fan not just player, he has to hate our guts.

Bringing him in makes so little sense to me. Has to be tens of players out there with his skillset...and who would be cheaper.

Plus, let the chavy cunts pay for their FFP crimes.
100%
Surely for the money they want there are far better players out there. We already identified 2 youngsters in the champo.

It is obviously helpful, because signing Gallagher is entirely dependent on Hojbjerg leaving. It opens up one Foreign slot and takes up an Association slot in which we are severely deprived of decent players in. Gallagher is also a few years younger. It just makes sense quality wise, squad wise, and tactics wise. The only question mark is his Chelsea allegiance, but I believe he is a top professional and ultimately it won't matter if it happens
Does it make sense when we could really do with that to be spent on either a quality CF or attacking forward who has some skill like eze or olise?
We could buy one of those youngsters who are HG for half the price no drop in quality by the looks of it infact prbly better than CG. Why is CG all of sudden wanted by only us let me add. Don’t see anyone else after him even boregate is gonna drop him after his last England performance. Are we just looking for players with engines now rather than technical ability?

I think Gallagher is an extremely talented player that would improve our squad but I don't see the point forking our 45m plus on a rotational player to be honest.

I've seen Wharton play and I'm happy going with him at less then half that price to come in as a rotational talent that would complete our midfield.

I think Gallagher is an extremely talented player that would improve our squad but I don't see the point forking our 45m plus on a rotational player to be honest.

I've seen Wharton play and I'm happy going with him at less then half that price to come in as a rotational talent that would complete our midfield.
But this is what City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Woolwich do.

I don't like or want Gallagher, but Ange seemingly does. And more to the point, Gallagher is better than Skipp.

That's how I'm looking at it.

I don't like or want Gallagher, but Ange seemingly does. And more to the point, Gallagher is better than Skipp.

Skipp & Hoijberg = £45m ish - both not good enough or well suited to our system should I say. If Ange thinks Gallagher is, then the fee isn’t the issue.

yeh I mean I wouldn't be upset as I rate Gallagher.
I just dont want the money we spent on Gallagher being the reason we don't sign a good back up LB or an exceptional forward type player in the summer. Of course the way around that would be for us to activate the 6m on Cirkin and Werner is so good that we sign him permanently for 14m.

yeh I mean I wouldn't be upset as I rate Gallagher.
I just dont want the money we spent on Gallagher being the reason we don't sign a good back up LB or an exceptional forward type player in the summer. Of course the way around that would be for us to activate the 6m on Cirkin and Werner is so good that we sign him permanently for 14m.
The Dennis Cirkin that we let go from our academy?

🤣

Because some SC ITKs for once got it "right" (well, what they were basically just copying exactly what Fabrizio and other journos were telling anyway) regarding Dragusin, the SC loyalists are celebrating the signing as if their ITKs made the signing - and, in "drunk" joy and delusion, members are throwing money at SC in the form of "donations". A bit like a church collection rally. Hallelujah!
Looks like this ITK has become good milking cow for those running the site - which is why their ITKs are protected like holy cows.
I can't understand how & why so many of those SC "members" tolerate this narcissist psychopath, Archibald&Crooks; and not only tolerate him, they lick his ass and worship every word he says by emojis and flattering comments just to be in the "good books" and not be banned/cast out.
To me Archibald&Crook bears the resemblance of some of those psychopath cult leaders one reads about, who demand total submission and loyalty, and unable to see himself for what he is....[fill out the blanks....]

Last edited:
Who else is giving them 50m for a possibly above average workhorse?

Newcastle in FFP, UTD FFP, Liverpool need a 6, woolwich FFP and need a 6, Villa don’t need him…

There is nobody else linked to Gallagher, especially not at the price they are asking. We’d be getting taken for mugs at that price

It's either they sell him now or Summer but one things for sure they HAVE to sell him which means his value is always decreasing therefore it won't end up as £50m and when his value goes down that's generally when clubs start showing interest.

Even if none of the teams you mention may not be interested atm why won't teams like West Ham or Utd be interested?

An above average workhorse, Christ🤦‍♀️

It's either they sell him now or Summer but one things for sure they HAVE to sell him which means his value is always decreasing therefore it won't end up as £50m and when his value goes down that's generally when clubs start showing interest.

Even if none of the teams you mention may not be interested atm why won't teams like West Ham or Utd be interested?

An above average workhorse, Christ🤦‍♀️

Man Utd can’t sign a striker because of FFP

He’s not going to West Ham in a million years

Back
Top Bottom