January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at how Jack Clarke has been doing since leaving us, the problem is either our player development or our patience.
He wasn’t going to develop in our U21 team (where he didn’t pull up any trees). Imagine the response if he was being carried in the first team in the hope he developed… like the reaction to Sessegnon times about a thousand.

Also, he had a great opportunity in the cup the other day and didn’t look anything special against premier league opposition.

Looking at how Jack Clarke has been doing since leaving us, the problem is either our player development or our patience.
He's also go down a division, playing against lesser opposition and has less of the spotlight on him.

If you watched Sunderland vs Newcastle you could see he wasn't getting a sniff against Trippier.

Him and his mother have terrible attitudes and comes with high wages.
He had issues in the past, sure. But that's when he was young and at PSG, the same club that has allegedly been orchestrating smear campaigns against its own players (past & present), managers & staff for years.

Yeah, he also had troubles with the 🇫🇷 NT when he said he didn't wanna be on the bench for them at WC2018. But since then he & the coach have kissed & made up, and Deschamps has praised Rabiot many times for his top attitude.

Juventus haven't had problems with him either...not that I know of. fogueres fogueres can correct me if I'm mistaken.

People grow up, people change. As for his mother, she looks after her son, she wants the very best for him...wouldn't your Ma do the same for you?

Right now he's a brilliant player and one that's cleaned up his act big time. He commands high wages...NSS...big time players do.

He's also go down a division, playing against lesser opposition and has less of the spotlight on him.

If you watched Sunderland vs Newcastle you could see he wasn't getting a sniff against Trippier.
It looked too much for him against Newcastle to be honest but maybe he just didn’t perform in that game. I thought Newcastle looked too big,strong,quick and technically better than Sunderland in every department but that’s what you’d expect.

In all seriousness, Eric was a good servant. Consummate professional, and one of the last cogs of a great era.

Hope he does well there.
I've no idea how aware players are of what's said about them on fan forums, but they must have some idea. That being the case, given the amount of abuse Dier has had in recent seasons (some of it resorting to personal insults!), I really hope someone shows him your post and that it has more than 50 likes, which is huge for this forum. I really hope he leaves knowing that, despite a noisy disrespectful few, the vast majority of us appreciate what a professional he was for us.

Yep a midfielder is just squad depth.

We have an absolute quality GK, defence and midfield now.

Just need that sprinkling of brilliance in the front 3 to take us to the elite level imo.

Richy/Johnson/Werner/Solomon/Gil all a rung below that level.

Question marks whether Kulu at RW is the way forward too. Plus Son isn't getting any younger.

Werner is the best we are probably going to do in Jan, attackers are generally harder to get in this window and also Werner while he has flaws has played at a level above most of our attackers bar Son so he should be an improvement particularly given his attributes match what Ange is looking for ie pressing.

Our midfield issue is that we have had to rely on Hojbjerg and Skipp who are decent players but don’t fit Ange’s system. So if the opportunity in this window arises to get a player who fits more be it whoever it can help us during the rest of the season. It’s pretty clear if we can move Hojbjerg we will bring in someone else.

Block him then. He won't change, it's literally his thing.

I don’t use twitter
Donald Trump Rnc GIF by Election 2016

I've no idea how aware players are of what's said about them on fan forums, but they must have some idea. That being the case, given the amount of abuse Dier has had in recent seasons (some of it resorting to personal insults!), I really hope someone shows him your post and that it has more than 50 likes, which is huge for this forum. I really hope he leaves knowing that, despite a noisy disrespectful few, the vast majority of us appreciate what a professional he was for us.
I agree. There are players that deserve the criticism and once Ndombele finally waddles off he deserves every bit that comes his way. Lazy, unprofessional, delusions of grandeur thinking he deserves champions league football, done nothing for the club but take huge wages.

Players that have played 365 times for us over 9.5 years and even in the bad times always tried deserve a bit of respect, even if its time for them to move on. Same goes for Hugo, same for Winks.

Tuchel is so overrated as a manager.

What a mastermind...
failing to lead Bundesliga with Bayern that was reinforced with one of very best strikers of modern era...

Rumors of absolute class players like Davies and Kimmich (!!) leaving.
While bringing in Dier.

I feel sad that Kane has to play under such a dipshit.
Bayern is the club whose games I've seen 2nd most after Spurs and I have some sympathy for them.

So I wish they would get rid of Tuchel asap.

Can't believe we actually got money back on Dier.
Much less that a European giant wanted him.
Well played baldy, well played.

Must have spiked the drinks cabinet in the board room at Bayern with LSD.
Or went full Yoda and employed the Jedi mind trick.

Think about it, same height, no hair, never seen in the same room together. Stick a shitload of foundation on him...

Back
Top Bottom