January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man I’m bored of reading statements like this. How the fuck do you know who were Poch’s “A-targets”? We have bought loads of players since he has been manager, you’re honestly trying to tell us that he didn’t want any of them?? Bloody ridiculous. In his book he talks about how much he had admired Wanyama as a player, of course he wanted him. I’m so sick of people around here thinking they know everything, when they clearly know nothing.
Do you honestly believe the likes of N'Koudou, Jannsen, Sissoko, N'jie, Stambouli, Trippier, Davies, Yedlin, Wanyama and Dier are all Pochettinos first choice dream signings?

People slagging off Trippier, Davies and Dier as not good enough for us really gets on my nerves. They're part of the reason we have improved so much over the years.

Not World Class, but solid pros who play their part and have their strengths. Many seem to forget Man Utd won the treble with the likes of Wes Brown, Nicky Butt and Denis Irwin in the squad and often as starters.

Agree the gist, but it's even worse than that, they aren't just 'solid pros' they're international footballers and damn good ones as well. Sick and tired of some our 'fans'.

Yes, I wish my club would sign quality players to improve the team and take it to the next level.
But every single one of them was deemed a high enough quality to improve the team and therefore worth signing. By the best manager we've had since before you (and me) were born. They didn't all work out, but most have contributed plenty. You've also conveniently ignored the successes plus the best pure striker on the planet and other youth team graduates.

I prefer to enjoy the good times and let the disappointments wash over me. Building up your anxiety to unbearable levels while watching transfer news on Twitter is an utter waste of time. I guarantee you will never, ever be happy with Tottenham. Even if we manage a PL or cup win, fingers crossed, it will never be enough for some. Maybe you included.

Last edited:
I know we have to be realistic with a budget, but why are we apparently looking at players like Carroll and Rossi on cheap deals?

We’re Tottenham Hotspur. We’re the best team in London, moving into a state of the art stadium, playing in the Champions League. We should be going in for players like Werner.

We’re capable of winning the league, winning trophies and challenging in Europe. Why aren’t we acting like it?

I know we have to be realistic with a budget, but why are we apparently looking at players like Carroll and Rossi on cheap deals?

We’re Tottenham Hotspur. We’re the best team in London, moving into a state of the art stadium, playing in the Champions League. We should be going in for players like Werner.

We’re capable of winning the league, winning trophies and challenging in Europe. Why aren’t we acting like it?

Because we're all gonna die one day so what's the point...in anything.

#TransferMarketBlues

We are not

There's no evidence we are going for Carroll and Rossi you clown.

Back
Top Bottom