January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

50539578_10156289189051559_5240434527226036224_n.jpg

Well Llorente will leave in the summer regardless, so we are going to need a new striker then anyway.

Prices keep inflating and if it takes a while for players to get used to Poch's system then all logic points towards it being better to sign someone now....
Maybe we do something like Lucas but that was on the boil for a couple weeks. So far the only smoke has been Andy Fucking Carroll.

No, evidently it's easier to create one's own fantasy rationale where Poch and Levy are at war and Levy sneakily steals a big bag of cash out of Tottenham HQ every night on his way home.
Haha thought the exact same thing earlier.....you can picture it, a big cupboard in the boardroom marked TRANSFER MONEY.
Every night Levy tells Poch we're broke, before grabbing handfuls of cash, then he goes home and stuffs it under his mattress

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big advocate of forthright communication coming from the club, but this season has proved they're wasting their time making a concerted effort to do so.

Add to that, Poch has explained why signings arent forthcoming on several occasions.
They wont sign just anyone, and if they cant get the players they want, there wont be any appeasement transfers.

People complain about signing Janssen......but how many would moan now if we signed a player that had just banged in 35 goals in Holland, or Belgium or Portugal.
The club cant win....its almost as if there was no logic to signing these players. They were ALL signed to improve us, and just like at every other club in the world, some didnt work out.

Its also a bit rich people lumping Trippier, Davies, Dier etc as waste of space signings.
We werent CL regulars before them but somehow, they've failed us.

Larry David said:
I like Levy and always have,

Yet JT hates Levy...

but there is definitely something going on if we don’t sign anyone this window. It may be the fact we have no funds, I just wish if that was the case that the fans were told.

JT constantly accuses the Chairman of fleecing the club for cash.

We’ve just built a stadium

Tho' #Not one brick eh, JT?

I’m sure coming out and saying ‘spending money on players is not financially possible this window’ wouldn’t be the greatest thing we’ve all heard, but at least we’d know it was for a reason.

No need when you KNOW Levy to be a fraud, liar and a thief, like JT does...

We all pump our money into the club, signing no one would be criminal, but not being told why is even worse

Great post

(No reflection on the OP; I've already cast my opinion on his comments,but....)

Pardon me for butting in, but you and your buddies were accusing me of playing politics and hypocrisy a few days ago... FWD a matter of hours and you're sat there praising a post which is 90% contrary to your established beliefs.

All that bullshit just to further your attitude that your so-called 'support' (which quite frankly isn't worth a piss considering the way you carry on) deserves a pony.

What a no-integrity piece of garbage you are.

Keep the 'X's coming (you too kingdawson kingdawson )... You mugs only serve to reaffirm to me I'm on the right track.

Edit: Oooops... Looks like i got MindNumb all triggered too.

Last edited:
Yet JT hates Levy...

Pardon me for butting in, but you and your buddies were accusing me of playing politics and hypocrisy a few days ago... FWD a matter of hours and you're sat there praising a post which is 90% contrary to your established beliefs.

All that bullshit just to further your attitude that your so-called 'support' (which quite frankly isn't worth a piss considering the way you carry on) deserves a pony.

Keep the 'X's coming (you too kingdawson kingdawson )... You mugs only serve to reaffirm to me I'm on the right track.

sad1.gif

Yet JT hates Levy...

All a bit weirdigan obsessive this

giphy.gif

A farrier was seen at the Lane so maybe some truth in the Andy Carroll loan

Adrian Durham reckons if fit it would be a shrewd move especially if Levy can get the Spammers to pay most of his wages

:levyeyes:

A farrier was seen at the Lane so maybe some truth in the Andy Carroll loan

Adrian Durham reckons if fit it would be a shrewd move especially if Levy can get the Spammers to pay most of his wages

:levyeyes:

Until the ink dries, then it's "Waaaaaaaaah, Tottenham.... No ambition.... West Ham sicknote.... Waaaaaaaaah"

#TopCunt

Haha thought the exact same thing earlier.....you can picture it, a big cupboard in the boardroom marked TRANSFER MONEY.
Every night Levy tells Poch we're broke, before grabbing handfuls of cash, then he goes home and stuffs it under his mattress

Add to that, Poch has explained why signings arent forthcoming on several occasions.
They wont sign just anyone, and if they cant get the players they want, there wont be any appeasement transfers.

People complain about signing Janssen......but how many would moan now if we signed a player that had just banged in 35 goals in Holland, or Belgium or Portugal.
The club cant win....its almost as if there was no logic to signing these players. They were ALL signed to improve us, and just like at every other club in the world, some didnt work out.

Its also a bit rich people lumping Trippier, Davies, Dier etc as waste of space signings.
We werent CL regulars before them but somehow, they've failed us.
People slagging off Trippier, Davies and Dier as not good enough for us really gets on my nerves. They're part of the reason we have improved so much over the years.

Not World Class, but solid pros who play their part and have their strengths. Many seem to forget Man Utd won the treble with the likes of Wes Brown, Nicky Butt and Denis Irwin in the squad and often as starters.

Back
Top Bottom