January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don’t need to sign anyone, we just need the players we have to get healthy.

That and a CM.

Okay so one player.

I think we will get more and more injuries though - we have too many games to manage.

It's only a matter of time before Winks gets injured imo, he's playing every minute of every game and has a history of injuries.

We need someone in so we can rest players and get them all back fit.

I think we will get more and more injuries though - we have too many games to manage.

It's only a matter of time before Winks gets injured imo, he's playing every minute of every game and has a history of injuries.

We need someone in so we can rest players and get them all back fit.
I don’t know who we’d buy that Poch would be comfortable playing immediately. Dier and Lucas should be back in the side soon, Sissoko as well. Davies and Foyth can rotate into a back 3. Our FBs are healthy and KWP can play on either side. Llorente was shit but Poch is going to keep throwing him, out there.

All of our incoming business will be in the summer. Buying due to injury seems like a poor strategy. We should be buying to improve our starting XI.

I don’t know who we’d buy that Poch would be comfortable playing immediately. Dier and Lucas should be back in the side soon, Sissoko as well. Davies and Foyth can rotate into a back 3. Our FBs are healthy and KWP can play on either side. Llorente was shit but Poch is going to keep throwing him, out there.

All of our incoming business will be in the summer. Buying due to injury seems like a poor strategy. We should be buying to improve our starting XI.

Well Llorente will leave in the summer regardless, so we are going to need a new striker then anyway.

Prices keep inflating and if it takes a while for players to get used to Poch's system then all logic points towards it being better to sign someone now....

And to counter that Pochettino then talks of being brave, Levy says the stadium won't affect our spending plans, we give significant rises to key players and back to Pochettino who says we are always on the lookout for players who can improve us.

So yes, if we are skint or constrained completely by the stadium expenditure say it, but you know...

"Brave": Evidently open to a vast degree of interpretation. Either we re-tread the same old bollocks arguments or we avoid citing it all together; but I have no more reason to buy into your 'definitive' interpretation of his "brave" comments than you do mine.

As for Levy's statement about stadium affecting spending; sure, but it's burying one's head in the sand to not concede that a lot has happened since that declaration was made. Stadium delays = further labour costs & wembley rental, player prices have more than doubled and Brexit's screwed the £.

Once again, these things HAVE been pointed out to us, but some choose to ignore it.

Be honest. If the club announced in the summer that were literally skint and there was a 12 month period of no transfers, you think the discontents would just say "ok, thanks for being open, Daniel" and park their transfer fetishes for 12 months?

Of course not.

No, evidently it's easier to create one's own fantasy rationale where Poch and Levy are at war and Levy sneakily steals a big bag of cash out of Tottenham HQ every night on his way home.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big advocate of forthright communication coming from the club, but this season has proved they're wasting their time making a concerted effort to do so.

Last edited:
A very interesting player that will be whitout contract by july is Arber Zeneli, surely worth a try as the guy is a very creative player and can play right or left wing. Than we could offload Lucas, the fascist, to Lazio or something.

I like Levy and always have, but there is definitely something going on if we don’t sign anyone this window. It may be the fact we have no funds, I just wish if that was the case that the fans were told. We’ve just built a stadium, I’m sure coming out and saying ‘spending money on players is not financially possible this window’ wouldn’t be the greatest thing we’ve all heard, but at least we’d know it was for a reason.

We all pump our money into the club, signing no one would be criminal, but not being told why is even worse
Great post

Back
Top Bottom