January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get the feeling this is Daniel Levy right now. Lieutenant Dan Levy.

giphy.gif

While SC is normally terrible this time of year, this post made me spit out my coffee...

I genuinely can’t believe that Poch looks around the dressing room everyday and sees Nkoudou drawing Goku from Dragon Ball Z, Janssen man-marking the urninals, Wanyama getting defibrillated, Llorente asking Trippier which boot goes on which foot and Trippier being stumped by it, and thinks “yes. This is a team of champions, how could I ever improve this?”

Tottenham are keen on Hoffenheim midfielder Florian Grillitsch (23), according to Sky sources.

It is understood Spurs scouts have been watching him play at club and international level this season. The Austria international is also thought to have a release clause in his contract, which has more than two-and-a-half years left to run, of just over £18m.

Grillitsch’s name is thought to be on a list of potential successors to Mousa Dembele, who appears close to a move to the Chinese Super League following an acceptable offer lodged by Beijing Sinobo Guoan earlier this week.

Probably a hard of hearing scout who had been asked to watch Grealish.

Grillitsch actually has very impressive stats for a 6.

2.3 tackles per game
2.1 interceptions per game
1.1 key passes per game

If we compare that to some other of central midfielders we've been linked with:

NDombele:

1.8 tackles per game
0.5 interceptions per game
1.2 key passes per game

de Jong:
1.4 tackles per game
1.6 interceptions per game
1.2 key passes per game

Rabiot:
2.3 tackles per game
0.7 interceptions per game
0.4 key passes per game

Berge:
2 tackles per game
1.3 interceptions per game
0.8 key passes per game

Diawara:
1.1 tackle per game
0.8 interceptions per game
0.3 key passes per game

He looks like a very smart signing, especially if the release clause if just a measly £18,000,000. I still want Sander Berge personally and hope it's someone we aim to go for in the summer but I quite like the look of Grillitsch too if he's coming in to be a number 6 for us, break up play, win it back and move the ball forward.

Here we can compare to the midfielders we have who play the same position.

Winks:
0.8 tackles per game
0.5 interceptions per game
0.5 key passes per game

Sissoko:
1 tackle per game
0.8 interceptions per game
0.8 key passes per game

Dembele:
1.4 tackles per game
0.6 interceptions per game
0.1 key passes per game

He makes more tackles per game than Winks and Sissoko manage together. He also makes more interceptions than all of those 3 put together. Also shows off his #8 ability with the key passes too. For the price being touted, I'd say it was probably worth the gamble.

He's probably not our central midfield saviour but he'd add very good depth to it and could end up being an unsung hero if partnered well. I think him and Dele would work very well.
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

hd7rC6V.gif

So, apparently Rabiot’s mum has categorically denied refusing an offer from Spurs or any other club, and stated that they are in mourning.

I don’t even know why I’m posting this.

Maybe it’s my age. Maybe I’m just lonely.
All I want is for someone to hold me and tell me it’s going to all be ok.

Back
Top Bottom