January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chinese club coming in for Janssen is probably our best bet when it comes to getting the reported fee we are looking for.

Would be happy with getting rid of him on loan with a loan fee.

I know we have to be realistic with a budget, but why are we apparently looking at players like Carroll and Rossi on cheap deals?

We’re Tottenham Hotspur. We’re the best team in London, moving into a state of the art stadium, playing in the Champions League. We should be going in for players like Werner.

We’re capable of winning the league, winning trophies and challenging in Europe. Why aren’t we acting like it?
Come on, where have you been! You must know the answer.
I give you a clue, Oil money, Oligarch.....

Chinese club coming in for Janssen is probably our best bet when it comes to getting the reported fee we are looking for.

Certainly looks like he's got practice for the move by sampling numerous dishes from the local Chinese.

I know we have to be realistic with a budget, but why are we apparently looking at players like Carroll and Rossi on cheap deals?

We’re Tottenham Hotspur. We’re the best team in London, moving into a state of the art stadium, playing in the Champions League. We should be going in for players like Werner.

We’re capable of winning the league, winning trophies and challenging in Europe. Why aren’t we acting like it?
I'd take it with a mountain of salt.

Journos know we as a fanbase are desperate for a signing and it seems in recent years that the club has become watertight re: leaks. They'll make this shit up because we're stupid enough to click on the links.

Maybe we'll do something, maybe not. Bet that it'll come outta fucking nowhere if we do (see: dear Lyall insisting Son wasn't a thing until he suddenly popped up at Hotspur Way)

Why are we asking for a fee that puts clubs off when our current manager has no intention of playing the bloke?

Explain that illogic to me.

Certainly looks like he's got practice for the move by sampling numerous dishes from the local Chinese.
"Vincent, would you rather play as a number 9 or a number 10?"

Number 9 or 10? I'll have both with a side of number 32.

giphy.gif

Lol China actually pays top money for good players. Janssen doesn’t fit the bill. We are fucked.

Each team can play three none Chinese fellas, who in God’s earth will choose big fat Janssen as one of them?

Back
Top Bottom