January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he said "I'll sign a six year contract because I believe in DL and Tottenham's plans for the future" JT would still interpret this as a sure sign he's pissed off and leaving .... when your mind becomes unhinged it's amazing what nonsense it can invent ... JT seek help before it's to late ....

and FFS use spellcheck consumate? proffessional?
"to late?"

:troll:

:adegrin:

From what I've seen he looks to be someone who isn't afraid to receive the ball from goalkeeper or defence with his back to play, turn and pass it off to a better footballer who's ready to create. We could do with that. Add to the fact that his work rate looks incredible and he comes across as a little niggly bastard, I wouldn't mind signing him.

And for the reported figures of £20,000,000 - £25,000,000 - we could do a lot worse.
I think we could get Barrios for £15-18mil. Especially considering that the Argentine
peso has nearly halved in value against the pound this year.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

It's clear from his words he's hoping for reinforcements for the long season ahead. What manager wouldn't when you're challenging on 4 fronts?
However, what's also clear is that he's almost resigned himself to the fact he probably won't get any. And rather than throw his toys out the pram prematurely, he's once again acting like the consumate proffessional we know he is.
With Utd and Real Madrid job offers lurking round the corner, they're worrying words indeed.
Digging-Hole_.gif

STILL waiting for you to answer the question put to you twice previously. Bottled it as usual.

Funny to see people who have been posting about signing X, Y and Z since the summer window closed four months ago now clambering to rebadge their opinions now it's sunk in we won't be signing anybody again (as I exclusively revealed very early on on this thread).

Face it, we're skint transfer-wise. It's just that like you and I say we're a touch short at the minute, and companies say they are experiencing a slowdown in the monetizing of assets moving forward, Pochetinno will find elegant ways to explain that once again he hasn't been given a pot to piss in

Last edited:
Funny to see people who have been posting about signing X, Y and Z since the summer window closed four months ago now clambering to rebadge their opinions now it's sunk in we won't be signing anybody again (as I exclusively revealed very early on on this thread).

Face it, we're skint transfer-wise. It's just that like you and I say we're a touch short at the minute, and companies say they are experiencing a slowdown in the monitizing of assets moving forward, Pochetinno will find elegant ways to explain that once again he hasn't been given a pot to piss in
Disagree Bill. The roulette wheel is spinning and if a deal lands on the table that sufficiently fills Levy’s hard on for one-upmanship, we will have a new toy. Whether we want or need it is a different question.

Face it, we're skint transfer-wise. It's just that like you and I say we're a touch short at the minute, and companies say they are experiencing a slowdown in the monitizing of assets moving forward, Pochetinno will find elegant ways to explain that once again he hasn't been given a pot to piss in
How many more times does Poch have to say “It’s better not to sign anyone if you don’t find the right player" for that to actually sink in Bill?

Aren't Real in a fair bit of debt and about to accumulate even more when they start building their over 600 million euro new stadium?

They aren't building a new stadium. Even if they were, the sale of the land the Bernabéu is built on would pay for 2 or 3 new ones, clear every last cent of debt and still have enough left over to buy a team of Neymars and Mbappes

Aren't Madrid part funded by Man City's owners parent company?

No

How many more times does Poch have to say “It’s better not to sign anyone if you don’t find the right player" for that to actually sink in Bill?
And yet you've posted again and again on this thread about players we should be signing. I haven't, not once, I've never expected us to sign a soul this window

And yet you've posted again and again on this thread about players we should be signing. I haven't, not once, I've never expected us to sign a soul this window
Think you are confusing me with someone else fella. Where the fuck have I been posting again and again on this thread about players we should be signing, care to show this? I've been saying over and over again that Poch will sign a player if it's the right profile for the position/style/personality (whatever criteria) he wants.

I'm sure there is money there to be spent on the right players. I just think it's Poch not being sure enough on who he wants to really convince Levy to splash out.

Plus it's a good idea to buy in January because it's gives time for the new players to settle in and be ready for a full Poch pre season in the summer

Hopefully we are still looking at the likes of Ndombele at Lyon, Diawara at Napoli, Barella at Cagliari, DeJong at Ajax. Any one of them would be a good purchase of our central midfield and Man City cannot buy all of them so we are well placed amongst the rest to be able to attract whoever is left

Also I hope we are still interested in Pulisic. He won't sign a new contract at Dortmund, has about 18months left so again we could get him for an affordable fee. The US connection would be a great marketing move too

I've recently been involved in recruitment for the first time in my working life. My predecessor appointed an individual to the team who is, quite frankly, incompetent.

It has made me firmly of the opinion that "nobody is better than anybody".

STILL waiting for you to answer the question put to you twice previously. Bottled it as usual.
Eh! You asked me to decipher Poch's latest comments. Which I did.
Doesn't need a genius to figure out what he's saying anyway. Thought you could have seen it for yourself tbh

But the question that raises is why can't we find the right player.

It's because we won't pay the fucking money of course.
Which is the crux of the whole debate.

Back
Top Bottom