January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lolwut.

Edit: if it's not loading...

CtWxcOX.jpg

Might be - but Real seem to be in a bit of meltdown right now. No proper manager, floundering in the league etc - i think there's a chance. The Real fans are pretty weird - if they're turning on Isco he might want to get out of there.

And just to make myself a target on here - I don't think Eriksen is Real material. In my opinion - he's not as good as Modric or Bale - but perfect for us - as long as he doesn't take set pieces.

Doesn’t Isco have a £600 million buyout?

It’s not happening.
Can't imagine why he'd sign a contract with that sort of release clause, but those are the reports. He's most likely going to be valued by whoever ends up in charge of that mess as a make-weight in their next big transfer à la Kovačić/Courtois.

Pretty surprising that a player like Isco, who could play in most top clubs' teams, would lock himself in a position where if and when Madrid are through with him his options are move to where ever Madrid tell him he has to or rot 9n the bench/reserves. His contract is easily absorbable given what Madrid pay in wages, so it's not as though they'd tremble at the thought of wasting him.

His father is his agent, though, right? How some of these guys end up in such shite situations with a relative at the wheel of their careers I'll never know. Hire a professional ffs.

Unless we're going to get all our next players from the youth team we're going to have to get them elsewhere. I don't see why we can't buy them from other big teams. If Isco is out of favour he might be available. Look at Moura.

Back
Top Bottom