January 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey now.

It was £3,000,000 plus Josh Onomah.

Who some on here will have you believe is a £25,000,000 player.
Onomah's valuation at 25m? This is beyond trolling even for his own standards.

Basically he wants to sell for 2038 prices and buy for 2008 prices. No wonder N'koudou and Janssen are still around.

Basically he wants to sell for 2038 prices and buy for 2008 prices. No wonder N'koudou and Janssen are still around.

Why does Onomah and 3m mean we valued Ononmah at 25m? More likely it means we realistically valued Grealish at 15m, which would be about right IMO.

Every time he’s called out on posting utter wank, he claims he is just reposting articles from elsewhere. Just block him.

Is it bad that I’d quite like us to go for Barrios?
Don't follow him mate, he's a clickbait whore, nicking stuff from other poster then pretends the content is his, total fraud.

I've watched Barrios closely for a handful of games now, he's disciplined and tactically astute with a bit of versatility to him as well (I've seen him pushed up by his manager at Bocca), I just haven't seen him get on the ball, dribble and or drive forwards or spray the ball about. This might just be down to what role he's been asked to perform by his manager but from what I've seen he just looks a very solid DM.

Don't follow him mate, he's a clickbait whore, nicking stuff from other poster then pretends the content is his, total fraud.

I've watched Barrios closely for a handful of games now, he's disciplined and tactically astute with a bit of versatility to him as well (I've seen him pushed up by his manager at Bocca), I just haven't seen him get on the ball, dribble and or drive forwards or spray the ball about. This might just be down to what role he's been asked to perform by his manager but from what I've seen he just looks a very solid DM.

From what I've seen he looks to be someone who isn't afraid to receive the ball from goalkeeper or defence with his back to play, turn and pass it off to a better footballer who's ready to create. We could do with that. Add to the fact that his work rate looks incredible and he comes across as a little niggly bastard, I wouldn't mind signing him.

And for the reported figures of £20,000,000 - £25,000,000 - we could do a lot worse.

From what I've seen he looks to be someone who isn't afraid to receive the ball from goalkeeper or defence with his back to play, turn and pass it off to a better footballer who's ready to create. We could do with that. Add to the fact that his work rate looks incredible and he comes across as a little niggly bastard, I wouldn't mind signing him.

And for the reported figures of £20,000,000 - £25,000,000 - we could do a lot worse.

But, but he got sent off......

I thought he was excellent against England and both legs of the Copa final. One thing for sure I wish he was a Spurs player tonight as I think he would be great tracking the runs of Messi and providing support to the defence.

But, but he got sent off......

I thought he was excellent against England and both legs of the Copa final. One thing for sure I wish he was a Spurs player tonight as I think he would be great tracking the runs of Messi and providing support to the defence.

I wasn't impressed with him against Japan but in that game, he got subbed on with his team down to 10 men and they ended up losing, hard to judge someone coming into the game on a losing team with a man down.

But he was brilliant against Poland and I thought he was one of Colombia's better players against England. He'll be hated by every non-Spurs fan if we signed him because he'll leave his mark on many players and won't be afraid to piss a few people off.

Read the post again. Levy did not value Onomah at 25 million. But some of our fans do.

Reading comprehension. It is our friend

Was I missing something but wouldn't we have to offload/ leave out of the squad one of our foreign players if we were to sign another foreign player because of the 17 max rule.

If someone more clued up than me could clarify that'd be great

Was I missing something but wouldn't we have to offload/ leave out of the squad one of our foreign players if we were to sign another foreign player because of the 17 max rule.

If someone more clued up than me could clarify that'd be great
We're at max foreigners yeah unless we bring in a couple of homegrowns (as I understand it).

But that of course doesn't stop people from wanting.

If we do any business in January it will with 90% certainty be players that class as homegrown.

We're at max foreigners yeah unless we bring in a couple of homegrowns (as I understand it).

If we do any business in January it will with 90% certainty be players that class as homegrown.

And I can't think of any that would improve our squad. Maybe Sessegnon but he's not leaving Fulham mid-season in a relegation fight. Jaydon Sancho ain't coming back in the middle of a title race either

I think Skipp will be pushed a bit to see if he is a credible option next year. We'll lose at least 3 foreigners in the summer possibly more, and surely it makes sense for Vorm to be replaced by an English keeper whether from our youth ranks or elsewhere possibly in January after negotiating a mutual release.

I wasn't impressed with him against Japan but in that game, he got subbed on with his team down to 10 men and they ended up losing, hard to judge someone coming into the game on a losing team with a man down.

But he was brilliant against Poland and I thought he was one of Colombia's better players against England. He'll be hated by every non-Spurs fan if we signed him because he'll leave his mark on many players and won't be afraid to piss a few people off.

It's incredible the way incidents from his career seem to indicate "mental weaknesses" in him.

He headbutted a scouser (not hard enough) and got sent off in a cup final (when his opponent slipped on the pitch and was in a totally unnatural position, actually sliding beyond the ball).

The cup final one would be hard to take for him as he went in to contest a 50/50 (remember when those were in football ?) and because his opponent slipped he was caught out.

I think Skipp will be pushed a bit to see if he is a credible option next year. We'll lose at least 3 foreigners in the summer possibly more, and surely it makes sense for Vorm to be replaced by an English keeper whether from our youth ranks or elsewhere possibly in January after negotiating a mutual release.
It also has to be players of a certain age. Pushing up Skipp does not fix our homegrown problem since he isn't classed as a adult as I understand it, but as a youth player.

Funnily enough keeping Onomah, even if just to be on the bench would have been a bit of a stopgap on these issues. But we should still bed in Skipp because there is no reason we cannot use a youth player if they are good enough.

It also has to be players of a certain age. Pushing up Skipp does not fix our homegrown problem since he isn't classed as a adult as I understand it, but as a youth player.

Funnily enough keeping Onomah, even if just to be on the bench would have been a bit of a stopgap on these issues

Our problem is Davies and Dier qualifying as foreigners. Two British players taking up two foreigner places.

At the end of the day we're allowed 17 foreigner spaces. It's all about filling those spaces with the required quality.

Wee aside, at the end of the 2020 season is Juan Foyth a home grown player (three years at the club by the age of 21)?

Back
Top Bottom