Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Leeds manager was asked about Clarke in his press conference before the trip to Stoke City on Saturday, and stressed he still views him as an important player in spite of his omission in recent weeks.

"For me he’s an important player who has very good individual skills, one vs one," responded Bielsa.

"There are reasons enough to say nothing is special about why he is not in the 18 players in the last two games.

"We have a lot of matches in the month of August. Very probably the next game on Tuesday a lot of players who didn’t play before will be in the squad.

"There are reasons enough to say nothing is special about why he is not in the 18 players in the last two games.

"We have a lot of matches in the month of August. Very probably the next game on Tuesday a lot of players who didn’t play before will be in the squad. Jordan Stevens is another option."

The 18-year-old is yet to play any Championship minutes so far this season, with his only appearances for the Whites coming in the Carabao Cup clash against Salford.

Bielsa strongly hinted that Clarke will get another opportunity in the next round of the cup, at home to Stoke on Tuesday, though it's likely he misses out again this weekend.

TBF is he's being hauled off at h/t in the Milk Cup maybe it's more of a 'him' problem, as opposed to Leeds not giving him game time?
I see where you are coming from but Leeds were 2-0 down and Harrison is 22 yo City player and has played 7 games already for Leeds 2019-20.
Bielsa subbed 3 players at HT.

I see where you are coming from but Leeds were 2-0 down and Harrison is 22 yo City player and has played 7 games already for Leeds 2019-20.
Nobody's writing him off but I don't think we can mind bend ourselves into thinking it's anything but a bad sign.

The fact Jack was 1 of the 3 just doesn't seem great though. I know he's exceptionally young but he was still a very big part of the first team picture last season.

Back
Top Bottom