Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sacking a manager just to keep his #2 at the helm is a bit odd. Despite what folk here have convinced themselves, Stellini plays pretty much the exact same system and I doubt anything will change much.

Clubs a mess.
Conte wasn't sacked merely in order to promote Mason & Stellini, so the path you're trying to force this down is moot.

No Conte was simply deemed better than keeping Conte.

Right, that's the Coach out of the way. Now all we need to do is sell those bloody nuisance footballers and we'll have a nice big space in the arena for the Soccerworld Theme Park, eh Dan?

Instead we have Conte's minion ... which is much better?? I guess at least Stellini will be a good boy in the press.

Evidently the club and the players preferred the "No Conte" option.

It's only for the rest of the season anyway..... You claim not to care about Top 4 anyway so why not seize the opportunity for a holiday from all the teeth-gnashing?

Evidently the club and the players preferred the "No Conte" option.

It's only for the rest of the season anyway..... You claim not to care about Top 4 anyway so why not seize the opportunity for a holiday from all the teeth-gnashing?

Because some watchable football for the rest of the season would have been quite nice, instead it seems 90% certain we're about to be treated to essentially the same setup for the rest of the season.... woopedy doo.

And LOL "and the players" as if they had any say ..

Because some watchable football for the rest of the season would have been quite nice, instead it seems 90% certain we're about to be treated to essentially the same setup for the rest of the season.... woopedy doo.

Conte wasn't sacked simply to facilitate a few weeks of prettier football.

No, he was sacked because he finally started Conteing and told some damn home truths.
He wasn't sacked.

giphy.gif

Top 4 was in already trouble the moment he had his tantrum(S) and threw everyone (inc. the fans) under the bus.
Top 4 was already in trouble when he oversaw us pissing away 5 out of 6 points against relegation fodder.,
Top 4 was already in trouble the moment he start cock-teasing over his future.

.....But you "don't care" about top four.

When he starts "Conteing" it's over.... As it has been at his other clubs.

He resigned from Juve & Italy, and was sacked at Chelsea for poor results, not because he was Conteing. The only other club he's left in this way was Inter Milan, because they told him they basically told him there's no money and that players would have to leave.

Top 4 was in already trouble the moment he had his tantrum(S) and threw everyone (inc. the fans) under the bus.
Top 4 was already in trouble when he oversaw us pissing away 5 out of 6 points against relegation fodder.,
Top 4 was already in trouble the moment he start cock-teasing over his future.

.....But you "don't care" about top four.

Erm no, I don't really. But my name isn't William Gallas.

Conte has been sacked, regardless of the wording.

Villas Boas
"The club can announce that agreement has been reached with head coach Andre Villas-Boas for the termination of his services," said a Spurs statement.

"The decision was by mutual consent and in the interests of all parties."

Similar statements were made about Redknapp, Ramos,
This is just legalese speak for the coach accepting a compensation package to keep his mouth shut. That package is almost always their wage, until either their contract runs out, or they find a new club.

Conte has been sacked, regardless of the wording.

Villas Boas
"The club can announce that agreement has been reached with head coach Andre Villas-Boas for the termination of his services," said a Spurs statement.

"The decision was by mutual consent and in the interests of all parties."

Similar statements were made about Redknapp, Ramos,
This is just legalese speak for the coach accepting a compensation package to keep his mouth shut. That package is almost always their wage, until either their contract runs out, or they find a new club.
Yes.
I also wonder if he demanded some Top 4 bonus, given technically the team is in 4th.

He resigned from Juve & Italy, and was sacked at Chelsea for poor results, not because he was Conteing.
Tomayto, tomato.

All I said was "It's" over..... You said "sacking", not me.

There's been several testaments from Chavs posted here (Dennis Wise being one) that the players were well happy to be rid of him, that he was slagging their player etc. etc. Very much mirroring the saga here.

The irony to your denial here is that you actually coined a phrase for it "Conteing"....... Yet now insist that it's not him resorting to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom