Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
stellini and mason didn't
I'm thinking we are not talking about the same thing. I said it will be easier to reach top 4 with Stellini and Mason than it would have been with Conte. Because the players doesn't want to follow him anymore. You answered "it should be norm to follow the coach, to which i answered "it should be norm not to throw players under busses. Now you change the subject to Stellini and Mason. I'm not following.

I actually think Stellini and Mason in the short term is not a bad idea. They will bring some stability / consistency, whilst also (hopefully) taking the hand-brake off. You could see this in the 5 games they managed (with Conte picking the stating line up). For example, Dier moving into midfield against City really helped and was in no way a Conte tactic.

It really depends on whether the senior players are 100% into doing the best they can this season. Under Conte I do not tihnk they were.

I'm thinking we are not talking about the same thing. I said it will be easier to reach top 4 with Stellini and Mason than it would have been with Conte. Because the players doesn't want to follow him anymore. You answered "it should be norm to follow the coach, to which i answered "it should be norm not to throw players under busses. Now you change the subject to Stellini and Mason. I'm not following.
no no no. you said "if the players want to play for them" (stellini and mason)
can you explain why they shouldn't?

no no no. you said "if the players want to play for them" (stellini and mason)
can you explain why they shouldn't?
They where part of the Conte staff. Some of his shit might have rubbed off on them. But that was me expressing hope that the players will play for them

Anyway now I understand and get that we are both positive to this change. Great. Let's not keep arguing.

P.S but this is the TFC, asshole ;)

i'm mildly sad but the divorce was inevitable. fact is the timeline of where the squad is in it's development path and his natural style simply didn't mesh; and i blame the ownership for not recognising this.

I'm not sure his heart was in it any longer, plus he's had a really difficult year on the personal front.

That literally his whole staff is staying on tells me that this is more than just about football.

This season has felt underwhelming, but in a vacuum, Conte did a good job because he arrested a club that was sliding towards mediocrity in the last days of Mourinho, Summer 2021 & Nuno period and for now seemingly preserved our European regular status, and for that I'm grateful.

79 points in his first 38 league games with a squad that still has so many major flaws was no joke, and I.m confident that like all the rest, he'll win again before we do under this ownership,

It should be the norm for managers not to throw the players under a bus in press conferences
Problem is, our players seem to enjoy laying on the road in and around bus stops. It's almost impossible for some of them not to end up under a bus.
And yet there's rumours they're getting new contracts.

They where part of the Conte staff. Some of his shit might have rubbed off on them. But that was me expressing hope that the players will play for them

Anyway now I understand and get that we are both positive to this change. Great. Let's not keep arguing.

P.S but this is the TFC, asshole ;)
so the excuse is ready if things will worsen.

I didn't doubt it

The thing I don't understand is, why say that Stellini and Mason are taking over for the rest of the season? Why not just say that are taking charge 'with immediate effect' or something like that? 'For the rest of the season' is surely pretty much confirming that we won't appoint anyone else between now and then. I hope to god that that means we've already got an agreement in place with one of our very top targets and just don't want to implement it yet (for whatever reason), but I fear it means we've not recruited a successor and yet and don't intend to until the season is over, by which point our key targets are likely to have been snapped up elsewhere.

Does anyone have any proposed positive spin on this particular element of the saga?
Nope

Looks like the media interest is going to focus on Kane now.
They were even talking about Kane needing to leave Spurs for the on the pitch "analysis" for the England match yesterday.
It's going to be relentless, tbh I think Kane would be an absolute mug to stay at this clown show of a club for even another season, he should go and win trophies, I will be gutted but at the same time happy for him.

This club is an absolute shit show,

They were even talking about Kane needing to leave Spurs for the on the pitch "analysis" for the England match yesterday.
It's going to be relentless, tbh I think Kane would be an absolute mug to stay at this clown show of a club for even another season, he should go and win trophies, I will be gutted but at the same time happy for him.

The club has been a shit show since the day we fired Mauricio Pochetino. Absolutely insane decision. I pray every day that the Bald Bastard at the top realises what he did and does everything in his power now to reverse that decision.

Also anyone talking about players complaining about training, I have some news for you. Players always complain about training, no matter what club they are at. The fact it gets written about in the press is lazy journalism. I could probably get an article from every premier league club with complaints about training just like I could get an article about people's gripes about their job.

And Redknapp
And Poch

Because they came in when Ramos failed and LVG didn't want the job

This is why I'm saying they'll fuck it up again. They've got so much time and nobody to fall back lucky on. They'll go with the wrong appointment. It is why I am fairly apathetic to who it is. As long as the football is better than the shite we've been served up for the last three years then I think we'll have got away with it, whoever it is.

Sacking a manager just to keep his #2 at the helm is a bit odd. Despite what folk here have convinced themselves, Stellini plays pretty much the exact same system and I doubt anything will change much.

Clubs a mess.

Thank god it has such loyal fans as you
at least its future is secured with you firmly behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom