Has Conte Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When is Conte sacked?

• Tonight

Votes: 26 12.3%
  • Tomorrow

Votes: 63 29.9%
  • Next week

Votes: 33 15.6%
  • Week of Everton game

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Is still in charge against Everton

Votes: 83 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what they’ll want people to think but honestly, from what we’ve seen from levy et al before, it will just be chaos behind the scenes. Nagelsmann seems too smart a guy to jump into our job.

IMO. he and Spurs could be a good match right now. He's so young he can spend 5 years proving he knows what he's doing. As long he keeps us up and around the top 4, Levy is happy.
I'm not saying he 100% will be the next coach, but there is about to be a hell of a lot of smoke from now on.

The thing I don't understand is, why say that Stellini and Mason are taking over for the rest of the season? Why not just say that are taking charge 'with immediate effect' or something like that? 'For the rest of the season' is surely pretty much confirming that we won't appoint anyone else between now and then. I hope to god that that means we've already got an agreement in place with one of our very top targets and just don't want to implement it yet (for whatever reason), but I fear it means we've not recruited a successor and yet and don't intend to until the season is over, by which point our key targets are likely to have been snapped up elsewhere.

Does anyone have any proposed positive spin on this particular element of the saga?

Last edited:
The thing I don't understand is, why say that Stellini and Mason are taking over for the rest of the season? Why not just say that are taking charge 'with immediate effect' or something like that? 'For the rest of the season' is surely pretty much confirming that we won't appoint anyone else between now and then. I hope to god that that means we've already got an agreement in place with one of our very top targets and just don't want to implement it yet (for whatever reason), but I fear it means we've not recruited a successor and yet and don't intend to until the season is over, by which point our key targets are likely to have been snapped up elsewhere.

Does anyone have any proposed positive spin on this particular element of the saga?
A slightly positive musing if an old cunt ;

There was absolutely no way that Conte could have kept his job after throwing the board, and more importantly the players under the bus.
I'm assuming that the more senior players would have had their views taken into account re Stellini, meaning that the players would be happier.

Stellini knows he'll only be here until the end of the season and will then reunite with Conte in his next job.

Mason will stay on as coach.

Levy/Paratici will be talking to, and negotiating with potential managers from now, with a view to starting at the end of the season.
They certainly won't wait until the end of the season to start the process.

Why is Mason a future Spurs manager,I don’t see it.
He's a Spurs fan, academy product, clearly set his sights on a coaching career, knows the club and the hierarchy.
He's been in and around the club since his playing career was ended. They obviously see something in him.

We all know how Levy's mind works too. He wants loyalty and he would ideally like it on a budget.

A slightly positive musing if an old cunt ;

There was absolutely no way that Conte could have kept his job after throwing the board, and more importantly the players under the bus.
I'm assuming that the more senior players would have had their views taken into account re Stellini, meaning that the players would be happier.

Stellini knows he'll only be here until the end of the season and will then reunite with Conte in his next job.

Mason will stay on as coach.

Levy/Paratici will be talking to, and negotiating with potential managers from now, with a view to starting at the end of the season.
And Stellini loses nothing by staying on. If we manage to secure top 4 he has that as a feather in his cap if he ever goes for another head coach job. If we don't he was just an interim and it was still good experience for him.

I wouldn't say certainly. Knowing Levy, he'll have one eye on how Stellini and Mason do.
Could save a fortune if they win more than they lose.

I wouldn't say certainly. Knowing Levy, he'll have one eye on how Stellini and Mason do.
Could save a fortune if they win more than they lose.
Nah, there's no way he's keeping them on.

Only my opinion obviously and I could be way off but my feeling is that he'll go for someone bigger.

The only thing I'm positive about is that it won't be Poch.

The carrot of Nagelsmann must have been too much for Levy.

Anyway.....thanks Conte.......don't let the door hit your arse on the way out....

But also thank you Conte for speaking some home truths......let's see what the reaction is.
There'll be no reaction mate. You know it, I know it and Levy knows it.

There’s zero fucking plan with this club. Stellini is only coming in because they don’t know who they want. Summer will be the same once Poch takes another job and we end up with someone utter shit after wasting the whole summer because nobody wants the job.

Can see it coming a mile off.
It's how Martin Jol got the job mate. He didn't do too bad.

Last edited:

I think it’s the right thing to say.

In short, it empowers Stellini and Mason and draws a line under the saga. Everyone can stop speculating and concentrate on the ‘mini-season’.

If we didn’t say that, every other day there would be a new link and the players would be potentially distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom