Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would definitely rest Kane, Alli, Alderweireld and possibly Walker for this one.

Whats all this rest talk? They had 7 days rest before yesterday.....what good did that do?

We have two weeks before our next PL game. Plenty of time to rest, and as it stands there are 5 days between the Liverpool game yesterday and Gent.

Kill the God damn tie in Belgium, rotate for Fulham and play a team that can just hold the scoreline at Wembley.

Poch gets stick for "throwing the cups" then we should rest everyone for an imaginary title challenge or a "top 4 trophy".........so we can rest the team in the CL next year.

Lets just show some motherfucking commitment to win something

Some people on the forum always seem to want a cup and champions league qualification, then say they don't want the Europa
:goonermong:

meatloaf.gif

As I understand it, knowing my history and so forth, we marched all over Europe in the shape of Jimmy Greaves. Furthermore, I'm led to believe that we humbled the Italians, brought the Germans to their knees.

Anyone who wants us to line up with a bunch of teenagers just to give a bunch of millionaire elite sportsmen a day off midweek in a game that's nearer to London than sodding Middlesborough is about as Tottenham as fucking Bertie Mee.

Look at Chivers, Gilzean, Perryman, Coates (RIP), Ardilles, Hughton, Roberts, Falco, England, Mullery etc and tell me its a fucking mickey mouse trophy you cunts.

we didn't even have to do the shite league part - we're straight into the knockout stage. Don't know why its still getting debated. Whats not to like about knockout European football?

What's even the point of champions league qualification if we can't even compete with fucking Gent away, what's the point in any of this, this is fucking tragic...

I mean really what can we hope to achieve in champions league??? Cant even put in a good performance in the round of what 32 in tje europa league , fuckkkk

Our European away form is so poor - not sure why the media think yesterday was some sort of big upset, we never win those type of games.
The unbelievable arrogance that comes from English football is incredible. Fans not just of Tottenham, but ALL clubs, is fucking embarrassing. I have seen very few comments from supporters, commentators, media and press acknowledge how well Gent played last night. A team that has a better or on par recent European record to ours. This team having won the league, qualified for CL and then qualified for the CL knockout stages.
We are all programmed to be arrogant cunts, made even worse by not knowing fuck all about the team they are playing against, no one could name a single player, how they play but dispite this go into the game with the attitude we will turn over a team. Beggars belief when you think about it.
Exactly the same with the national team. Know fuck all about the team we are playing, ignore a far superior record to ours (e.g Uruagay) think we are far better, get well beaten then moan about how bad we are, while still not acknowledging the other team is better.

Last edited:
Isnt the CL Final in Cardiff this year?

Euueeeew who'd want to win that....in that weird City.
It used to be the European Cup too before it was molested into the CL....

Do not want

:goonermong:

Yep, of course. No hypocrisy as well. Because at that point as in all cases that is the ends. Unfortunately I will not support the means because it is too many games for a very unlikely outcome.
Really?
I'd love to see Spurs play every possible game left this year, with the strongest available XI according to Poch's judgment, no matter how many games that is- and I will 100% support the ends & the means, whichever team Poch puts out, & watch as many of them as I possibly can.
Let's think this through...
Get knocked out of EL asap cos "it's shit".
Win FA cup & qualify for "shit tournament"
And/or finish top 4,
Get knocked out of CL early doors & parachute into "shit tournament"
Try to get out of "shit tournament" again - asap.

Just don't get it. Not many like the format of the EL. But it's a European trophy & it's difficult to win. Surely that's a great reason to try and win it?

It may be unlikely that we will win it (don't agree with that, but let's go with that argument)...it's more unlikely that we will win the PL any time soon. So perhaps we should save the first team for the league cup & FA cup. Fuck trying to win the league itself cos it's an unlikely outcome.

We will undoubtedly attract all the best players & fill our new stadium every week if we win those domestic cups. Who needs top 4 or Europe eh?

Try to win everything ffs

:pochfacepalm:

If you support two teams you don't really support anyone properly.
You are obv entitled to your opinion but then again ... what the hell do you know. I support both and have been for over 30 years now, both clubs are very much alike in a lot of aspects (and relative to the league they are in obviously)

So have fun with being a judgmental prat, i'll have fun supporting the two teams of my heart.

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur can you give us a run down of your recent form/dangerous players and how you think you'll approach tonight? I've read soccerway, but there is only so much you can read out of stats.

Our recent form is disastrous tbh. Our "machine" isnt well oiled anymore, loads of individual mistakes.
Our tactic remains the same, dominant football , loads of possesion, even against better teams.
But we fail in marking goals, then again the opposition we faced in recent games parked the bus, doubled the defense on our dangerous players.
Against a team that doesnt go all defensive on us we might surprise a couple of people.
We faced Club Brugge recently (first in the leaugue) and beat them 2-0 with brilliant football.
@Home we are a team to be reconned with, very few teams succeed in beating us, we nicknamed our stadium gHELLamco arena for obvious reasons. We never faced a calibre of a team as the Spurs thought so i reckon we ll draw the short straw tonight. But as our coach said we are Ghent we are not afraid of anyone, and that will be our mentality, we rather loose 2-3 then 0-1.

"Star" Players:
Goalie : Kalinic ,2m10 ,very good in the air,very fast diver, troubles in footwork thought
Defense : weak spot in the team, can make a brutal tackle , can make a child's mistake...
Midfield: Neto, hard stopper, never stops running has an accurate pass of 35m
Milicevic: quick little fellow, free kicks are his forte
Wingers : our best players, Simon and Kalu, dribble , extremly fast , good cross
Attack : Coulibaly: dont play the ball into his feet = fail, very good header thought, big strong guy, hard to defend

Our main tactic is a long pass to Couly, he holds on to the ball , passes to the wingers and runs into the box for a header. If we loose the ball, strong and high pressure, rince and repeat.
I have left some players out but i don't want to spoil all the surprises.

I hope to see a fun game with lots of chances on both sides. But most of all i want the ref to be good, he f*ed us over last time he lead the game, obvious penalty for everyone but him, result? draw against Braga.

-------------Kalinic ---------------
Foket ---- Gigot --- Mitro ----- Asare
-------- Neto ----- Esiti ----------
--Kalu -------Mili -------Simon ---
------------ Couli ---------------

I also believe that success in Europe's second trophy would work wonders for attracting top talent in the summer. UEFA cup success for a young squad would suggest even bigger success in the immediate future.

I would so love us to win a fucking cup, i honestly think if we take the EL or FA seriously we can win it, and it would be priceless experience for the Squad and Poch, Its all about getting that winning mentality, plus what a way to end our last season at the Lane!

Back
Top Bottom