Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you support two teams you don't really support anyone properly.
242.gif

If you support two teams you don't really support anyone properly.
You are obv entitled to your opinion but then again ... what the hell do you know. I support both and have been for over 30 years now, both clubs are very much alike in a lot of aspects (and relative to the league they are in obviously)

So have fun with being a judgmental prat, i'll have fun supporting the two teams of my heart.

Obviously you can do what you want but I will never consider you a Tottenham supporter.
30 years of allegiance through good and bad and still not a Tottenham fan in your eyes, and all that based on the fact that i have a hometeam and a team in England who i both follow and love. Ah well, have a nice day and if you do get hit by a bus today, karma is a bitch innit.

Got bored, wanted to stir some shit up. Also someone who wants the opposition to win is NOT a supporter. I am sorry it should be unacceptable but we all seem to be allowing it.
Well it's up to him, no one can not allow him anyway.

There are far better candidates to give shit to on this forum. Belgian is a good guy in my opinion

Got bored, wanted to stir some shit up. Also someone who wants the opposition to win is NOT a supporter. I am sorry it should be unacceptable but we all seem to be allowing it.
I do understand the opposition to win thing, that's a part of it that will be really hard to juggle today as someone has to win (over two legs) and rooting for both to win is apart from being impossible also ridiculous.

Apart from wanting me run over by a bus you didn't bite.
No because i do understand your point somehow and getting really offended on the internet is just a silly thing to do (i say silly but i actually mean that i would get all wound up and start insulting everything and everyone)
The Sun is out, beers are awaiting and i get to see Spurs play live ten mins from my house and wembley next week with my mates - not the day to get all wound up is it.

Should have enough whatever we put out against these lot but as seen before in this competition. we struggle to get ourselves up for it. feeling optimistic though and i do think we will put in a better performance than we did against the reds.

The team for me is.

Lloris
Walker Toby Wimmer Davies
Wanyama Winks
Sissoko Dele Son
Vince.

Dont think kane will start but who knows... maybe Poch is massively pissed off after the liverpool loss and wants to throw everything at this game. If it fails, then Kane and dier to come on later. 3-1 Spurs.

Lets ave it!

I think we'll see a strong team tonight including a Kane start. We'll be taking the EL seriously. If anything we'll rotate for Fulham..

Am desperate for us to win a cup this year, been far too long.

On topic of people supporting two teams, there was someone in our end with a Barnet hat on at Liverpool last week! And definitely a Spurs fan because singing, clapping etc. IMO that is worse, not that it is the worst thing in the world to support Barnet and Spurs (though I don't like it), but to wear the hat of one to a game of the other?!

Gent are from a different country as well as being a team on a different footballing level from Spurs so I think Belgian Spur can be forgiven. A good mate of mine supports both SK Brann and Spurs and it's a similar story. He will admit he loves Brann more, which is fair enough as far as I'm concerned as it (Bergen) is his home town. Still loves Spurs though and comes over a few times a year.

Last edited:
I think we'll see a strong team tonight including a Kane start. We'll be taking the EL seriously. If anything we'll rotate for Fulham..

Am desperate for us to win a cup this year, been far too long.
I agree.

Poch will be under strict instructions from Levy to take the EL seriously over the FA Cup, because of the CL place and the chance of more money from both winning it (prize money) and arguably the match day revenue from Wembley too. Modern football bollocks IMO because the FA Cup is potentially only three games during the season and one of them is against lower league opposition. Let's win a fucking cup for once instead of thinking about the club as a business!! We are good enough to get CL from the league anyway if we don't take the Europa seriously.

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur can you give us a run down of your recent form/dangerous players and how you think you'll approach tonight? I've read soccerway, but there is only so much you can read out of stats.
Our recent form has been atrocious, we've had a couple of very good years (took our first ever league title, progressed to the second stage of the CL) but this season we're struggling. Most of our players lack confidence, our defense is leaky and so on. If there's a dangerous player then it might be our 18 year old nigerian Kalu, he arrived recently and is one of the most talented players i've ever seen at Gent. Apart from him our striker can be deadly in the box but is piss poor anywhere else. We have one superb free kick taker called Milisevic and we have two strong midfield players (Neto and Esiti) but when coming up against Dembele and Wanyama, they'll be slaughtered.

Can't see any danger coming from Gent for Spurs, there's a lack of pace, creativity and confidence atm. But as they will be supercharged for a game against a massive team, things might turn out very different today.

Oh and our new goalie is pretty strong on high balls and on his line, can't kick a ball though.

We generally play a slow build up game in 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 with a towering forward and small pocket wingers around him. We like to play out of defence but lack defenders that can pass a ball so that makes us very easy victims for a counter pressing team.

Back
Top Bottom