Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Belgian Spur Belgian Spur can you give us a run down of your recent form/dangerous players and how you think you'll approach tonight? I've read soccerway, but there is only so much you can read out of stats.

Our recent form is disastrous tbh. Our "machine" isnt well oiled anymore, loads of individual mistakes.
Our tactic remains the same, dominant football , loads of possesion, even against better teams.
But we fail in marking goals, then again the opposition we faced in recent games parked the bus, doubled the defense on our dangerous players.
Against a team that doesnt go all defensive on us we might surprise a couple of people.
We faced Club Brugge recently (first in the leaugue) and beat them 2-0 with brilliant football.
@Home we are a team to be reconned with, very few teams succeed in beating us, we nicknamed our stadium gHELLamco arena for obvious reasons. We never faced a calibre of a team as the Spurs thought so i reckon we ll draw the short straw tonight. But as our coach said we are Ghent we are not afraid of anyone, and that will be our mentality, we rather loose 2-3 then 0-1.

"Star" Players:
Goalie : Kalinic ,2m10 ,very good in the air,very fast diver, troubles in footwork thought
Defense : weak spot in the team, can make a brutal tackle , can make a child's mistake...
Midfield: Neto, hard stopper, never stops running has an accurate pass of 35m
Milicevic: quick little fellow, free kicks are his forte
Wingers : our best players, Simon and Kalu, dribble , extremly fast , good cross
Attack : Coulibaly: dont play the ball into his feet = fail, very good header thought, big strong guy, hard to defend

Our main tactic is a long pass to Couly, he holds on to the ball , passes to the wingers and runs into the box for a header. If we loose the ball, strong and high pressure, rince and repeat.
I have left some players out but i don't want to spoil all the surprises.

I hope to see a fun game with lots of chances on both sides. But most of all i want the ref to be good, he f*ed us over last time he lead the game, obvious penalty for everyone but him, result? draw against Braga.

-------------Kalinic ---------------
Foket ---- Gigot --- Mitro ----- Asare
-------- Neto ----- Esiti ----------
--Kalu -------Mili -------Simon ---
------------ Couli ---------------

Our recent form is disastrous tbh. Our "machine" isnt well oiled anymore, loads of individual mistakes.
Our tactic remains the same, dominant football , loads of possesion, even against better teams.
But we fail in marking goals, then again the opposition we faced in recent games parked the bus, doubled the defense on our dangerous players.
Against a team that doesnt go all defensive on us we might surprise a couple of people.
We faced Club Brugge recently (first in the leaugue) and beat them 2-0 with brilliant football.
@Home we are a team to be reconned with, very few teams succeed in beating us, we nicknamed our stadium gHELLamco arena for obvious reasons. We never faced a calibre of a team as the Spurs thought so i reckon we ll draw the short straw tonight. But as our coach said we are Ghent we are not afraid of anyone, and that will be our mentality, we rather loose 2-3 then 0-1.

"Star" Players:
Goalie : Kalinic ,2m10 ,very good in the air,very fast diver, troubles in footwork thought
Defense : weak spot in the team, can make a brutal tackle , can make a child's mistake...
Midfield: Neto, hard stopper, never stops running has an accurate pass of 35m
Milicevic: quick little fellow, free kicks are his forte
Wingers : our best players, Simon and Kalu, dribble , extremly fast , good cross
Attack : Coulibaly: dont play the ball into his feet = fail, very good header thought, big strong guy, hard to defend

Our main tactic is a long pass to Couly, he holds on to the ball , passes to the wingers and runs into the box for a header. If we loose the ball, strong and high pressure, rince and repeat.
I have left some players out but i don't want to spoil all the surprises.

I hope to see a fun game with lots of chances on both sides. But most of all i want the ref to be good, he f*ed us over last time he lead the game, obvious penalty for everyone but him, result? draw against Braga.

-------------Kalinic ---------------
Foket ---- Gigot --- Mitro ----- Asare
-------- Neto ----- Esiti ----------
--Kalu -------Mili -------Simon ---
------------ Couli ---------------
Nice one lads, appreciated.

I'm having a nice bottle of Gruut Amber in Gent right now.

It's better than the warm plastic bottles of carlsberg at WHL, let me put it that way.

Came across this in a local supermarket, got a couple of cans in for the match. I might be 750-odd miles away but I'm waving the flag for proper English ale, none of yer foreign muck...
16426011_1_640x640.jpg

No excuses in my opinion. Even if you support something like DC united and then decide 'oh I like Tottenham' you don't really support the team. You might think you do but you don't have anywhere near the same connection.
Alright then. I'm an Australian and i supported spurs before I started supporting my local club, mainly because our league only (re-)started up 11 or 12 years ago. Does this then mean that I can't follow my local team that will never play against spurs (unless in a pre-season match), because I started supporting them second?

Getting upset I am calling people out? Poor dear, support Seattle or something.
Nope, not upset, just calling bullshit. It's the same bullshit as us Brits telling you that because you weren't born here and don't go to WHL you can't be a proper supporter.

But then if you're from US you wouldn't have grown up with a proper local soccer ball team to watch anyway
:sherwoodlol:

Back
Top Bottom