Gent v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do we never look like Spurs when we play in Europe ?
The CL run under Rednapp aside, we always look like this , year in and year out, can't work it out at all.

With respect mate this is because our strength is over the long course more than in Cup competitions in my opinion.

I also think confidence for us is like the froth on guinness. A bit too easily blown off and so the Liverpool defeat was only going to get erased easily by an early goal.

its been OK. Not moving the ball quick enough, too many touches. Winks the best player because he moves it on quicker and in the main forward too.

Lloris and distribution - I'll stop there or it'll be cracked record all over again.

Walker passing poor. Davies poor going forward. Moose good, but even he's been caught in posession.

A couple of half chances for Dele, a couple of near through balls.

They have zero threat going forward, they can pump in 30yrd crosses all they like, they aren't creating a thing.

Our problem is up top, first we are hitting aimless passes up to Kane and Alli, who are beaten to the ball far too easily, when Kane and Alli have the balk at their feet they are not finding each other, both attempting flicks and shite passes that are so easily cut out. Whoever is supposed to be playing number 10, I've no idea, is nowhere to be seen, far off Kane and Alli.

Also, no over lap from both our Full Backs also adding to the desert up top, we have to commit more men forward, be braver and create some overloads. It's far to easy for them to defend.

The only way to fix this would be to take sissoko off for eriksen I think, and eventually one of the midfield 3 off for gkn (tempted to say wanyama but he's a rock defensively)

Expecting a different second half, because that wasnt good enough for the first half an hour. Started to get more of the ball, but basically been second to every stray ball, and cant string three passes together.

Id like to see Son, for his energy and get Kane off. If he's that knackered already, whats the point in another half?

Annoying really when so many fans are up for the tie......once again feel for the travelling support, so hope they get their shit together.

COYS

Lloris is a great shot stopper, but really does he Instill confidence, I don't think so. he's the captain.
Fuck me, what was he doing playing that pass to Wanyama instead of kicking it up. Puts the whole lot under pressure. He telegraphs his passes too. Far to slow.
Also what the fuck was he thinking when he could have had a coffee and let the ball go over the line safely.
He puts us under pressure unnecessarily.
I can see Poch wants us to play it out of the back, but there's a time.. Dier, Davies and Walker are not good enough with the ball to get away with it
you would think after Man. City, Liverpool recently and a few hairy times before we would have fucking learned by now.

They have zero threat going forward, they can pump in 30yrd crosses all they like, they aren't creating a thing.

Our problem is up top, first we are hitting aimless passes up to Kane and Alli, who are beaten to the ball far too easily, when Kane and Alli have the balk at their feet they are not finding each other, both attempting flicks and shite passes that are so easily cut out. Whoever is supposed to be playing number 10, I've no idea, is nowhere to be seen, far off Kane and Alli.

Also, no over lap from both our Full Backs also adding to the desert up top, we have to commit more men forward, be braver and create some overloads. It's far to easy for them to defend.
The way we are set up I guess Dembele is supposed to get into the "10" position, but that is not his game.

Back
Top Bottom