Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank fuck for that!

Poor, poor game, but just as I expected it to be. Dier was MOTM super performance from him, Vertonghen and Gazzaniga the other players who were great Always puts a smile on my face given the melts slating him when we signed him, yet another feather in the cap, yet another kick in the balls for them.

That was a MASSIVE three points.
Spurs after first 11 games under Poch:
2014: 14 points GF 14 GA 16
2015: 20 points GF 19 GA 9
2016: 21 points GF 15 GA 6
2017: 23 points GF 20 GA 7

We have also played 3 Title contenders and a London derby in this time.

Sounds like we are laying the foundations for pulling out our players of England squad too, Winks, Dele and Kane doubtful, so 13 days off and hopefully joined with a fit Lamela and Wanyama after the break.

Up The Spurs!

At my entrance, they seemed to be doing a pretty thorough job.

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist :levyeyes:

At the risk of being a bit precious......my youngest and I watched the game the other day, and she pulled out her markers during the second half:

E7czP0s.jpg

It's genius right? Look at Gazzaniga fucking bossing his area like a champ and pulling off the quick foot save.

That's my girl.

COYS

P.S. - I have way more hair than pictured their on the left. Forehead's about right tho.....

P.S.S. - she doesn't understand about red yet, she's only 6

I want (no, demand) that we walk into this game like professionals. No opposition is below us treating them like professionals. Because the moment we stop doing that, we lose the plot. Just look at West Ham last week. We went into the second half thinking we just had to roll a ball about and ended up losing 2-3.

Go in to the game with a professional mindset and get them 3 points. We're not above treating any team professionaly.

Class, not arrogance.

Absolutely. Enjoy the result but this weekend is massive, with Citeh, Woolwich, chavs & Yanited all facing off amongst themselves. We can either narrow the gap above, or widen the gap below if we see to business at our end. Or both. Just need to put our game to bed with a good win.
Please don’t fuck it up lads. There’s a good feeling milling round after last night & we were perhaps looking more at that game rather than focussing properly on Spam & Yanited. If so, the players have acquitted themselves. But it’s done & dusted now. No excuses against a very poor Palace team.
Agree but this I doubt will be a walk in the park. They bossed Chelsea and were all over West Ham in the 2nd half last week. Since Roy has been in charge he's slowly getting to grips with this team. They have a lot of ground to recover and I'm not sure they can survive but they are a better side than West Ham and Everton right now, apart from Citeh I don't think they have been dry humped (including when deBoer was in charge, I think the Man U game score line flattered Man U) they aren't as poor as their position suggests is what I'm saying.

It just shows you that no matter who you are in this Spurs squad everyone has something to contribute, great game Paul Gazzaniga

I was seriously just about to hit the post button on my opening melt when Sonny hit the back of the net. Thank fuck..
Was always gonna be flat today with the pathetic kick off time and following on from Wednesday night.
With the other fixtures this weekend the performance weren't important, but the 3 points was vital.
We got them. Well done lads.

Let's see MOTD try and explain why when US winning like we did, we're struggling...
And yet when Man Utd won the way they did against us last weekend, it's somehow show of defiance and strength!

This one is just set up for us to mess up following the midweek result. We gotta prove that we can be professional and focused enough to shake off the CL and get back to normal business and get the job done against a team that we should be beating. It's all good beating RM in a one off game, but it's consistency that makes a season, not one wild night.

Back
Top Bottom