Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It wasn't pretty... but it was never going to be.
Lessons learned from Burnley and Swansea at home, 'cos that had 0-0 or a late equaliser written all over it.

Lloris/Vorm, Alderweireld, Dele out, Winks and Kane clearly struggling during the game... I'd take a narrow win any day.
Job done, let's just enjoy at least TWO of City/Arse and Chelsea/Utd taking points off eachother this afternoon.

Besides, I thought winning ugly and grinding out a result was the stuff of Champions... it is when anyone ELSE in the Top 4 does it!!

Just thinking haven't the last couple of home games against Palace been 1-0 wins when we were at the lane.

The game was similar to the Burnley and Swansea game, we didn't have many chances and the opposition always looked dangerous. The difference today was we got the points, messy performance but we did it with Toby out and our best 2 keepers unavailable, you have to take the positives from that.

The international break seems to have come at the right time, for us to regroup. I think we're still missing Wanyama as an option and the fact that we are going to come back stronger from a win is a rare and beautiful thing.

We should rest all our key players and play our reserves and u21s in all remaining premier league matches because we're obviously the best team in the world and the players are only human so can only play so many games, and when we inevitably reach the finals of the FA cup and Champions league, they'll have played an almost maximum number of available games, so we should really just let them break all the goalscoring and defensive records in those 2 competitions as we bring home the treble.

Vorm

KWP - Foyth - Fazio (steal him back from roma) - L. King - KWP (yes there's 2 of him)

llorente

Fuck it.
No Dele, Lloris, Alderwiereld
Kane and Winks whacked and fucked early
3rd choice keeper, and a kid with limited experience adapting to PL at CB.
RB with no pre season and also adapting to PL
Rose just back from injury, first full game
Back line never played together.

Palace fighting for survival.
Fresher and more prepared.
Made it very difficult

We had Winks, Kane, Dier, Vertonghen and Sissoko played Wednesday.
Early KO
I don’t care how we won this game.
Other clubs would have crumbled I think

It’s the sign of a good team who can get results when not at their best .
It’s always been a scrap when we play Palace, Full strength.
Very, very important 3 points considering 2 ( hopefully all 4) of the rival teams will drop points today.

We take this lightly at our peril...
Palace are not Real Madrid... but if we treat them with contempt we WILL be punished.

Go all out to win... and win we will...
Assume the win is already in the bag, and we'll come unstuck... and the media will have a field day.

DON'T let that happen Spurs!I

Dele Alli. My favourite spurs player!

JANSEEEEEEEN

My favourite Spurs player

SOOOON

My favourite Spurs player

leoinception.jpg

Hoddle ‘how many times have you seen Townsend put it in the top corner from there’.

I think he forgot to add top corner of the stadium.

Can't remember "enjoying" a Spurs win so little (apart from the result and the points of course) for a long time. We were piss poor, let's be honest, and looked very tired.

Gazza did well apart from the two weird moments, and the defence apart from Serge were good, Winksy as well in the first half. The rest were pretty gash although respect to them for digging deep. Sissoko for example was awful skills-wise but put in a helluva shift, especially second half. Sonny was real pish but scored a great goal and so on.

Would love to see a few mystery twinges emerge that keep our lad out of international duty, and that's me as a die-hard England fan.

Back
Top Bottom