Galactico Hotspur FC vs Woy's Sarf London Pigeons

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

so me jokingly saying we should win comfortably on a forum is going to impact on the players or the result?:pochfacepalm:
It's the web, jokes don't always translate. For all I know you could have been dead serious. So that's on me.

And this is me speaking personally, but I don't want us as supporters to become the type of arrogant twats you see at other clubs (I shouldn't even have to name names). Class and confidence and what not.

I'm all for a joke and such. But we should not become nuevo big time cunts if we can avoid it :llorishowudoin:

All I can do is reiterate what others have said. A professional performance required all round with an early goal to set us on our way. We should be too strong for them but as someone once said, "it's a funny old game".

Ma' gazzaniga

hqdefault.jpg

Most impressive win this season for us. Not at our best and having to force it.

Palace can count themselves a bit unlucky but tough sh!t.

Zaha is quality . Both he and Barkley would be welcome assets to a very good squad.

Defence played okay. Goalie super except for his kicking at end.

Massive win... 3 points all that mattered.

Hopefully results fall our way elsewhere this afternoon.

Have a good Sunday all.

Iโ€™m not going to bother to try to pick the bones out of the performance, Poch will know itโ€™s below what he expects . Heโ€™ll learn how to dispose of stubborn oppo. Heโ€™s learning as much as the players are .

Happy with the 3poimts

Gazzaniga was epic today, horrific start with the flying clotheline kick combo but after that he was solid as fuck and really kept us in the match 3 times at least.
Son is just a beautiful man.
What a fantastic goal from him, ridiculous moment of calm to steer that in.

I think we forget sometimes how hard the PL can be, and we are coming off playing at Wembley midweek, a notorious energy sapping pitch, so all in all while we rode our luck we showed good heart to fight and kill the game off with the 3 points.

MASSIVE WIN

:tobyarm:

Always a game we could have faltered in post Madrid, will take scratchy 1-0. Our Wembley record starting to look very positive now.
Classic Spurs would have seen us drop points, a la losing to Blackpool immediately after beating AC Milan.

I think it's significant that we, as a fanbase, aren't really bitching about Wembley anymore as a negative factor before home matches.That mentality seems to permeate through to the players, too. Still a ballache to get to, mind.

As for Palace, I think they were always going to look pretty good against us (especially with our injuries) because their tactics are well suited to how we play. Against a more defensive side, they'll be fucked - but against us actually pressing them high and coming to play, they're able to counter attack with pace and a lot of space.
Probably shows considering their only league win was against Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom