Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Aurier has won 11 trophies within the last 3 years.
Now Llorente comes in who has nearly won everything.

Sort of experienced winners this team needs.

Today highlighted why Llorente is a step above both Janssen and Soldado. The two of them would have shied away from that last chance had they messed up as bad as Fernando had earlier in the game. Llorente doesn't hide though, he keeps plugging away and I think that's why Poch has such faith in him. Delighted for the man as he seems a real top bloke.

Look, the only problem I have with this is that when we were first strongly linked with Llorente about 5 years ago I had stupidly similar hair to him. It was fabulous.

But the last five years have started to catch up to me and I'm starting to envy Eriksen at this point.

If Chavski hadn't dawdled he'd have been their first choice striker for the past year, seeing how Morata's been rubbish since his first 10-15 games. Hate to think how many he'd have scored for them by now. Took him about 2 mins to create the assist for the Harry goal v PSV which kick started our CL. Played very well in a front 2 with Kane at Bernabeu last season.

Great skill and technique to get Skipp's through ball on the run, neat finish too. A lot of strikers would have made a ricket and trodden on the ball, fallen on their arse etc.

We really don't give him enough playing time. And when we do, we don't ping enough crosses in, he's very good in the air. I'd be really annoyed to lose him, hard to see how we could improve on him. And we're losing Sonny for a few matches too.

A player who hasn't started a game at this level for over a year in being out of place shock.

Fulham's defence is shite but it's Premier League. This isn't lower league opposition in the cup where they just can't cope with the difference in class technically but most importantly in speed of the play.

Right now we are short of options. Pochettino has had plenty of opportunities where he could have brought Llorente on for 15-20 minutes at the end of games and let him maintain some sharpness but he didn't. We're in a desperate situation now which is why we have turned to him and he needs more minutes, not less. Keep him in the team.

You chose to join us over the blue shite
You must be bright, Fernando
They were waiting there for you and Conte
You chose Levy, Fernando
Though we admit we never chose to sign you
There's no regret
If we had to do the same again
We would, my friend, Fernando

They wanted him at Stamford Bridge
But he’s a yid, Fernando!
Now he plays for you and me
He hates Chelsea, Fernando!

Hey Cunt :roseunsure: Google what this guy has won and fuck off you pretentious prick.

I was not sure about this transfer, at 32 it seems odd, but actually this guy is a winner & the younger players need that. There is actually no negatives to this move aside from if age was a factor. But perhaps like Davids all those years back a proven winner brings knowhow.
Llorente has won Serie A three times, the Coppa Italia, the Europa League and the World Cup. That's way more than anyone else in our squad. It's way more than Poch as well. I think it is fair to say this deal is just as much about what he can bring to the dressing room as on the pitch.

My names Fernando Llorente,
I fucking hate Chelsea,
I came from a team called Swansea, in Wales!
When I walk down the street,
All the people I meet,
Say, hey gorgeous!
What's your name?

How many more times Jerry. Back up = lazy, happy to take my shekels has-been.
We are a big club, would you agree? Big clubs should be capable of attracting better, hungrier, players than Llorente to support Harry Kane surely. No striker expects to play 38 games in the toughest league in world football. If you think we can't do better than Llorente then you underestimate the magnitude of Tottenham Hotspur.

That’s crazy,

Proven, high quality strikers aren’t going to want to sit on the bench watching Kane knock them in week in week out. Therefore we have two options:

Young, successful abroad potential- Janssen

Older, proven experience - Llorente

I agree that neither of those have been successful, but they’re understandable decisions.

It’s a shame - feel after his CL contribution in the knock outs last year he’ll be fondly remembered.
Suspect another season will leave us ruing re-signing him.

I disagree. We don't need a long term replacement, we need a one year solution so there is enough opportunity for Parrott to further develop and make his way up through the ranks. Llorente won't cost a fee, he knows the group and the group knows him and we'd only really see him if injuries hit. It's more for the protection of Parrott short term and long term than what Nando ultimately brings.

Give him another year, it'll be one less thing for Pochettino to worry about with a couple of weeks of the window left. If we get 4-5 starts out of him in all competitions and a few cameo sub appearances when teams are doing well dropping deep I'm OK with that.

He is a good player and a very good professional. He is silent, polite and humble. He goes on the bench but he always has a smile, he does not make controversy. I have a great memory of him at Juventus.

Back
Top Bottom