Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Fernando and would like him back. But it would also scream of how badly we planned for the season by not bringing in a replacement for him. Dunno if Poch saw Lucas as that guy or if he just assumed that Harry would not break down.

I think the fact that he typically chose a false 9 over Llorente speaks volumes on that front.

Imagine if this happens.

Liverpool address their defensive shortcomings in a January transfer window by spending £75million on Virgil Van Dijk .

We address our attacking shortcomings by bringing back Fernando Llorente on loan!!!!

And over in the Levy appreciation thread the usual suspects are saying we invest just as much in our squad as them.

Oh my fucking days!
But it's gonna save us money to get another loan!

At the end of the day; we are trying to rescue 4th spot for the season.

Criteria for a striker....

1. Is the player available?
2. Is he experienced and confident enough to hit the ground running?
3. It would be nice if he had EPL experience...
4. Within budget? We don't want someone demanding a 5 year contract on 100k a week
5. Happy to play second fiddle when Kane returns?
6. Is he happy to live in the miserable, cold, wet, dirty, crime ridden hotspot of London?
7. Is his agent not a complete pain the arse to deal with and demanding a 10m bonus for brokering the deal?
8. Suit the style of play? (We don't need another Moura/Son type player, we need someone to hold the ball up , win aerial balls and create space).

Looking forward to the extensive list of players we have to choose from :)

Welcome to the team Christian Benteke.

That may be closer than you think ...............

It's just the Voorm thing all over again.

Is it more the idea of bringing a player back that people have an issue with?

.....Would it be any more 'offensive' if we'd never let him go in the first place?

I personally would just find it embarrasing how you -

- let contract run down with a player without prolonging it
- see him join another club
- pay the new club some millions to get him back

That demonstrates awful piece of planning and foresight!! But I guess that was Poch middle name, given -
- no replacement for Dembele
- no replacement for Trippier
- no interest to buy a DM after it was clear that Wanyama could not play anymore
- no plan what to do with likes of KWP, Foyth, Skipp, Clarke

Absolutely nothing against Llorente. Top professional and nothing bad to say about him.
Only maybe too sympathetic to see him treated like this by the club...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom