Fernando Llorente

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I fucking love Llorente. He is a reliable scorer and has a cool head under pressure. A real Rolls Royce of a forward. A model professional too. Perfect back up for Kane. Just wish we'd signed him 5 years ago!

He's a big boy, is he the heaviest to every play for Tottenham?
Mido says no.

wGvQR.gif

Huge professional and total quality act. Sits on the bench all season waiting for Kane to get injured then comes in and does the business in important games. Seems to love the club. Starting to gain cult legendary status in my view.

One thing about him. Two or three years ago Juventus came to Australia and one of my brothers is a Juve fan and as an Italian-Australian with free tickets I went down with my dad and brother to watch the game in Sydney. Somebody told us where the team were staying and I was desperate to get a picture with Pirlo (one of my all time favourites). So we went to the team hotel and there were only a hundred or so people there, we waited 45 minutes and once the players got off the bus all the players walked straight from the bus to the hotel, not even looking or waving at their fans, let alone taking pictures and signing autographs. Llorente was the only one that did, despite fans not really being that interested in him, he we stayed out there for about 15 minutes while the rest of the team deserted him.

Can’t really be bothered looking through the thread to find out, but were the people saying he’s a terrible signing saying the same when he signed?

I can’t recall many dissenters at the time.
It has been a five stage process, for me at least

1. Disbelief (What the fuck? We wouldn't sign Llorente. No chance)
2. Anger (We are signing a 32 year old who can't run? This is fucking stupid)
3. Denial (You know what? I think he actually might be alright, he has got experience)
4. Faith (Give him time, he will come good)
5. Realisation (He's shit)

Lacks match sharpness and you can tell.

I'd keep giving him some games until Son is back at least - with Dele now out injured, we probably have no choice either.

Fair play to him.

Fair play to Poch as well who could have quite easily have taken him off - made that header look easy. A match winner. COYS

He’s proving to be the perfect back up to Kane. Always got a smile, never complains and does his job when called upon. Surely he’ll stay for another season.

We certainly don’t need to spend on another striker, Son, Llorente and Lucas can all do a job when Kane is out.

Back
Top Bottom