FA CUP Quarter-Final : Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur - 17/03/18 @12.15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Re the Son apparent offside thing .

Shirley it would be better to make the pitch out of a 1970’s disco dance floor that is gridded & touch sensitive ?

Anyone got FIFA’s number ?
Here are the Swansea defenders
main-qimg-0c2ef6ce7368a86d8bf191dff59a9c8e

... and here's Son
09103f73.gif

as you can see, clearly onside.

Absolutely no messing around with the team sheet in this one Poch.
I don't wanna see the likes of Vorm, Foyth, Winks, Sissosko, KWP et al anywhere near the starting XI
Can't understand why some people are putting Vorm, Foyth, KWP in their teams...This game is too important for sentiment and to be taking anything lightly.
I'll be gutted if we go out, and fucking furious if we do with a weakened team

Last edited:
All the pathetic, sad Pundits and media outlets, who were reveling in us playing at Wembley and continuously using the phrase " Wembley Hoodoo" over and over again, are now crying that we have an unfair advantage of playing the semi-finals and final at Wembley.. You couldn't make it up.

200w.webp

The role Sissoko had today is the one he should have when playing for us. Playing him as a central/defensive midfielder brings the most out of his strengths and covers most of his flaws.

And how good was Eriksen today? Our maestro running things in midfield. Puppet master

Our manager on VAR today;

"It’s a nightmare, it’s a nightmare. I am so sorry for the people that try to sell that system. I am so sorry. But today Sonny wasn’t offside. No, in the end I prefer the assistant referee make a mistake, not the technology and waiting three or four minutes on the pitch. But ok, I think we need to see in the reality how it’s going to affect the game, the players, how it’s going to affect the referees and the coaching staff on the touchline. In every single action I can see today the coaching staff ‘it was foul, it was handball, why not this, why not that?, use the system, the VAR to see if it is or not’. It’s so, so complex and the worst thing for me is that it’s going to affect the fans. This system will affect the fans. We are going to have a massive problem for the future of football."

Can't argue with any of that.

With the CL exits this cup has now really become something to win for the 3 Top 6 teams left.

2nd major trophy, QF. Players want to win something. It’s a no brainer.

So I really don’t see any reason not to play our best team available.

Back
Top Bottom